The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Polar Dude
I had this view but what about if the parents are ill or very sick.
I've seen families, yes families of 3 including a child looting stores like Diesel and JD.

Some parents are a disgrace but others can't control their waste of a space thug offspring.

If they're ill, fair enough, but a lot of parents just dont care and are often those on the dole or fiddling the system and letting their children do the same as well as wreak havoc.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x

Parents of rioters, you're a failure to society, that is the cold hard truth. Know your role, accept you ****ed up big time, and get your kid in bed and read them a story like a proper ****ing parent does.

Get your stupid uneducated retarded offspring into your homes now and stop them ruining the country for the hard working people that keep a roof over your heads and put food on your tables.

You have a responsibility as parents to make sure your children are disciplined and grow up to be respecting individuals to others, not thuggish animals intent on ruining the lives of other people within society. Yes, you are failures as parents, you are failures to your children and most of all you are failures to society. What a disgrace. If you dont want to be responsible for your offspring then PUT SOMETHING ON THE ****ING END OF IT OR KEEP YOUR LEGS SHUT! SIMPLE.

Spoiler

Yes, sort your children out. A lot of these uneducated yobs are about 10-16 years old and even 17-20 year olds aren't too old for a good ass kicking from their parents. Stuff all this 'you cant hit your children nonsense'. I was hit when I was a naughty kid, I learnt from it, grew up and become a better person for it. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Know your role, the civilised people of Britain look down on you, and most of all, Jezza looks down on you.

Get your retarded offspring off the streets that so many HARD WORKING AND LOVELY NORMAL INTELLIGENT AND CIVILISED PEOPLE have contributed too. You are a waste of life, you let your children grow up into these disrespecting selfish animalistic and inhumane vandals. All of them should be convicted for attempted MURDER! Setting fires to peoples homes, mothers crying with little babies in their arms in the streets. WHO THE FLYING **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You're nothing special.

I hope the army sticks bullets in you all. SCUM!

If my son was out doing all this and he came home and I found out I'd drag his ass to the police station after beating seven shades of crap out of him. I'd make him write an apology and then once he was sentenced I'd disown his sorry inhumane ass.

KNOW YOUR ROLE!

Thank you! The first time I see you speaking some sense around here.
Original post by Reformed2010
Who are you talking to? what makes you think parents of these children are on the internet, on TSR and reading your thread? you are just preaching to the converted. Ergo wasting your energy mate.

This.

There are plenty of parents on TSR. :facepalm:
Reply 23
Original post by Tommyjw
You do realize that not every bad kid has bad parents? When a kid is just a pure Dick there is not much any parent can do.

Please tell me how you would 'keep your child in' when he is a 16 year old violent person ?

Naive thoughts tbh.

If you're an effective parent from the word 'go' it needn't get to that stage at all.

Also, to the OP. Fair point, but half the parents are out there doing the looting, so there isn't much hope there, is it? And I'm sure half the kids are parents themselves...

Smh
Reply 24
To be fair, what are the parents supposed to do? Lock their children up?
I agree but a parent that lets a bad child get away with it is a bad parent as they're not enforcing discipline, morals or respect.

Parents have some responsibility as stated, they're not solely responsible. The scumbag rioters are majorly responsible, as we can all agree.

My cousin was getting in with the wrong crowd. His mother sorted him out big time though, didn't take no crap, told him if he wanted to go down that road to get out of her house. She was cruel to be kind. In the end, he woke up and sorted himself out, started mixing with better people. Some parents just DO NOT CARE, thats the problem. One kid in my school saw his parents once a week and his parents didn't care one iota, never ever came to parents evening or whatever. He got expelled and they sent the school a letter saying they dont care, they'd send him elsewhere. Its sad when parents are like that, really disgraceful.

As I say, I'm not denying that at all, and you're right that there are utterly disgraceful families and even communities out there who choose to live in a way that many of us would question. But equally I'm sure you would accept that there may well be just as many who have good parents but the concept of discipline just cannot seem to get through to them. Clearly if they're part of a gang or a group of people who are the lowest of the low and seem to have absolutely no decent goals and just want to stir up ****, break the law and have all the possessions in the world (for whatever reason), they need to also man up and face the punishments. It's no use hiding behind the excuses veil anymore, imo.

Once again, nobody is denying that there are problems between these kids and their families/parents, but let's be honest: who hasn't got problems, both within our country and abroad? It is simply unacceptable to think you can get away with the blatant lack of respect and kind of behaviour we have seen these last few days and it's about time these youngsters face up to their actions, face the consequences and fix up fast. As has been said time and again, if they're old enough to commit the crimes, they're old enough to know what the hell they're doing and that it's completely wrong. Instead of wanting to educate themselves, they're quite happy to blame it on boredom and smash up peoples' lives so a lot of us live in fear.
Original post by Struggle
Society had the responsibility to create a society where people were not put in a condition where they may choose to riot. Society threw away that responsibility and now they face the consequences. The chickens are coming home to roost. Deal with it Britain.

Society? lol, lack of birth control brought them into the world. Kids are ridiculously expensive, if you can't afford it Wrap it up or get on the pill! Society doesn't owe them crap.
I never go out and I'm 17?

I wouldnt say plenty. There are a few and most of them are either teenagers or had a kid in their early twenties. Therefore their child wouldnt be that old to join in the riot.

You create some pointless threads
Original post by ssebonive
If you're an effective parent from the word 'go' it needn't get to that stage at all.

Also, to the OP. Fair point, but half the parents are out there doing the looting, so there isn't much hope there, is it? And I'm sure half the kids are parents themselves...

Smh

Agree. I have only really seen loads of young teenagers looting and causing havoc in city centres to be honest with hoods up etc.

I am not surprised to learn that there are a lot of parents involved. Some parents are truly shocking. Some mother telling her daughter in the local Tesco to try and get pregnant to claim a house and benefits so she is set up. Disgraceful parenting.
And they will listen to your thread. Right. Do you think your Jeremy Kyle?
yeh if they can get themselves off of the street first....
Original post by Stressworthy
As I say, I'm not denying that at all, and you're right that there are utterly disgraceful families and even communities out there who choose to live in a way that many of us would question. But equally I'm sure you would accept that there may well be just as many who have good parents but the concept of discipline just cannot seem to get through to them. Clearly if they're part of a gang or a group of people who are the lowest of the low and seem to have absolutely no decent goals and just want to stir up ****, break the law and have all the possessions in the world (for whatever reason), they need to also man up and face the punishments. It's no use hiding behind the excuses veil anymore, imo.

Once again, nobody is denying that there are problems between these kids and their families/parents, but let's be honest: who hasn't got problems, both within our country and abroad? It is simply unacceptable to think you can get away with the blatant lack of respect and kind of behaviour we have seen these last few days and it's about time these youngsters face up to their actions, face the consequences and fix up fast. As has been said time and again, if they're old enough to commit the crimes, they're old enough to know what the hell they're doing and that it's completely wrong. Instead of wanting to educate themselves, they're quite happy to blame it on boredom and smash up peoples' lives so a lot of us live in fear.

I agree.

There are far more family based problems in the UK than across Europe. However, the parents have a responsibility to bring up their children properly. Look how most of the people on TSR turned out. Okay, loads of hate on each other or disagree with each other but in the grand scheme of things most of us are probably respecting members of society who have bright futures ahead of us. Most of us have parents to thank in some ways for that. Others have done it themselves and fair play to them.
Spot on.

+rep.

If my kid turned out that way and I couldn't instill discipline I would send him to a boarding school where he would be taught respect. I would do my utmost throughout his childhood to make sure he became a civilised member of society.

Some parents just do not care and let their children get away with everything. There is no way in hell I would let my child get so bad they would go out on the streets and cause the damage these thugs have.
sorry but you need to get out more :smile:

theres alot of social influences which parents cant really help against, in london gangs are quite common in some schools from an early age, theres minors, youngers, elders (high school/college) and then the street gangsters, children ussually get into this from an early age and it reaches a point where they cant really get out unless they move far away otherwise theyd get beaten the crap out of, parents cant really help it, if they live in the poorer parts of london then most likely they will attend one of the more poorer schools and so the chain begins, you cant always blame parents.

Op sorry but you should also get out more and see what the real world is like, your post reaks of lack of social information, it seems like you are just going through things online and putting them together to gain rep on a website.
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree.

There are far more family based problems in the UK than across Europe. However, the parents have a responsibility to bring up their children properly. Look how most of the people on TSR turned out. Okay, loads of hate on each other or disagree with each other but in the grand scheme of things most of us are probably respecting members of society who have bright futures ahead of us. Most of us have parents to thank in some ways for that. Others have done it themselves and fair play to them.

I guess my point is simply that whilst good role models and parents are essential in terms of bringing up a child, once you reach a certain age and are able to make certain choices e.g. to destroy shops and homes and join gangs that condone it, you are also capable of distinguishing right from wrong. The fact that many people choose to ignore this shows that there is something fundamentally wrong with many of these people.

Although I agree with many that a lack of education plays a huge part, I also question their characters in general - is there not an ounce of respect, love, happiness and optimism? I know the argument will be that there is a lack of opportunity for many of these youngsters, but equally Britain is not the only country to be suffering from appalling conditions: indeed, I'd argue most of the globe is, but at least a lot of kids still have respect. I just don't like the fact that people can't seem to accept responsibility and face up to their own actions anymore - parents play a huge part and excuses can be made, but my faith in humanity will probably only be restored when I see such people admitting their mistakes of their own accord.
Original post by Indian_Prince
sorry but you need to get out more :smile:

theres alot of social influences which parents cant really help against, in london gangs are quite common in some schools from an early age, theres minors, youngers, elders (high school/college) and then the street gangsters, children ussually get into this from an early age and it reaches a point where they cant really get out unless they move far away otherwise theyd get beaten the crap out of, parents cant really help it, if they live in the poorer parts of london then most likely they will attend one of the more poorer schools and so the chain begins, you cant always blame parents.

Op sorry but you should also get out more and see what the real world is like, your post reaks of lack of social information, it seems like you are just going through things online and putting them together to gain rep on a website.

Mate, I went to a dive of a school, gang orientated and full of drugs. I never went down that road, no one else has an excuse too either. Plenty of London school children make something of themselves, the bad ones have nothing but themselves to blame and their parents are responsible for letting it happen.

Stop making excuses for them.
Reply 37
Sorry But that's Just wrong.
I have had years of experience in the fostering and adoption system as well as work experience and part time job in relative areas to know it's wrong.
Reply 38
Original post by Tommyjw
You do realize that not every bad kid has bad parents? When a kid is just a pure Dick there is not much any parent can do.

Please tell me how you would 'keep your child in' when he is a 16 year old violent person ?

Naive thoughts tbh.

Because u have to teach them before their 16. 16 is not an adult, it's still a child and lots still live with their parents. It's disgustingly stupid for a parent to think on my childs a teenager now they can do what they like. These parents need more lessons than the kids
Original post by Tommyjw
Sorry But that's Just wrong.
I have had years of experience in the fostering and adoption system as well as work experience and part time job in relative areas to know it's wrong.

Most adoption system workers haven't a clue themselves. Don't try to justify yourself by claiming that.

Latest

Trending

Trending