The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
If I had kids who were involved in these riots, I would spank them and lock them up in a room with raw basmati rice and no water.

Id rather get done for child abuse than let them destroy the country
Original post by Tommyjw

Well done for ignoring the core message but whatever, i'll say it again for your pleasure.

Your post was a clear 'if the parents were better parents, we wouldn't have this problem'. This you are essentially saying that good parents = no problems. thus are are saying that no other reasons could make a child, with good parents, like this. Read your own post before commenting.

No. We wouldn't have this problem purely because there would be less yobs and the situation could be contained easier. Its obvious we have a generation where parents have failed and children do not respect their parents.

Every 'yob' i know doesn't have bad parents. Sorted. Funny how different experiences show different things isn't it :wink:

Now you're just being picky to carry on your argument because you have no real facts to back it up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/205352/UK-Riots-They-have-iPhones-but-miss-parents-time-/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/09/london-riots-kids-and-parents-need-to-be-held-accountable.html

So you're going to argue against a qualified psychologist and claim you know more? delusional.
Reply 62
Discipline is only going to get worse over time...
Kids know their rights but not their responsiblities.
Reply 63
Not beating, just tort morals..
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I agree but a parent that lets a bad child get away with it is a bad parent as they're not enforcing discipline, morals or respect.

Parents have some responsibility as stated, they're not solely responsible. The scumbag rioters are majorly responsible, as we can all agree.

My cousin was getting in with the wrong crowd. His mother sorted him out big time though, didn't take no crap, told him if he wanted to go down that road to get out of her house. She was cruel to be kind. In the end, he woke up and sorted himself out, started mixing with better people. Some parents just DO NOT CARE, thats the problem. One kid in my school saw his parents once a week and his parents didn't care one iota, never ever came to parents evening or whatever. He got expelled and they sent the school a letter saying they dont care, they'd send him elsewhere. Its sad when parents are like that, really disgraceful.

Agree.
Reply 65

Now you're just being picky to carry on your argument because you have no real facts to back it up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/205352/UK-Riots-They-have-iPhones-but-miss-parents-time-/

LOL .
Read your own post for god sake hahahahahah

Do you notice the word 'could' in every other sentance? I guess your ignorant mind didn't see that right? :wink:
Or see the 'A crucial factor was probably long-term experience of anti-social behaviour which left the yobs no longer seeing it as unacceptable' which is something that very much comes from external things. The area, friends, school, community etc etc etc.
Good try though.

I'll take my links from somewhere that hasn't been reported to be completel wrong, post fake information, but whatever.. if this and the daily star are your only creidble *ahem* links.
you only have to look at the lack of proffessional journalism in that article to see how bad it is. Let alone the whole of it is complete opinion and just ridiculous. The article completely ignores any socio-economical impacts that cuts have on people and to say they have no affect is frankly stupid, thus summing up this post

So you're going to argue against a qualified psychologist and claim you know more? delusional.
Reply 66
Original post by Dreizhen
To be fair, what are the parents supposed to do? Lock their children up?

Nothing, if they're 16+ and acting this way then the parents have failed
Original post by Tommyjw
LOL .
Read your own post for god sake hahahahahah

Do you notice the word 'could' in every other sentance? I guess your ignorant mind didn't see that right? :wink:
Or see the 'A crucial factor was probably long-term experience of anti-social behaviour which left the yobs no longer seeing it as unacceptable' which is something that very much comes from external things. The area, friends, school, community etc etc etc.
Good try though.

Yes, those external factors only came into play because of bad parenting.

I'll take my links from somewhere that hasn't been reported to be completel wrong, post fake information, but whatever.. if this and the daily star are your only creidble *ahem* links.
you only have to look at the lack of proffessional journalism in that article to see how bad it is. Let alone the whole of it is complete opinion and just ridiculous. The article completely ignores any socio-economical impacts that cuts have on people and to say they have no affect is frankly stupid, thus summing up this post

Delusional. Discredit the view of a qualified psychologist and think you know more when its clear you dont.

8.40am Paul Tilsley, the deputy leader of Birmingham City Council, says he was appalled to see young children heading into the city centre this evening. He has this message for parents: "Know where your kids are, know what your kids are doing, because you're responsible for them as a parent. Your responsibilities don't finish, and children as young as 10 getting involved in that kind of activity, you wonder what kind of parenting they're getting."

7.08am An MP from Central Manchester - Hazel Blears - says it's definitely copycat behaviour. "There is a sense though that some people though don't have the same kind of boundaries, I think parents should be asking where are their young people? Why are they out on the street at 10pm or 11pm at night". She said people need to know there are consequences of their behaviour.

I think a psychologist, an MP and a council leader have more knowledge of you on said matter. :rolleyes:
Original post by scotttb
Nothing, if they're 16+ and acting this way then the parents have failed

Agreed.
I'm sorry, but you can't always blame the parents. This is just stupid.
Reply 70
Yes, those external factors only came into play because of bad parenting.

Wrong.

Delusional. Discredit the view of a qualified psychologist and think you know more when its clear you dont.

Do you really need to go back to nursery and learn to read? I'd rather not wait til you did that. I did not 'discredit him' i mearly stated the points he made that you ignored just to benefit from your selective view. Like the fact he said 'could' all the time (You are aware of what this word means right? especially in the context of a daily star article hahaha)

8.40am Paul Tilsley, the deputy leader of Birmingham City Council, says he was appalled to see young children heading into the city centre this evening. He has this message for parents: "Know where your kids are, know what your kids are doing, because you're responsible for them as a parent. Your responsibilities don't finish, and children as young as 10 getting involved in that kind of activity, you wonder what kind of parenting they're getting."

Selective again. Learn to read.. again.
He is not blaming parents, not one place does he do that. He is not saying the riots etc from the kids are the responsibility of the parents, no. He is saying the kids themselves on this one night (or however many they last) is there responsibility.

7.08am An MP from Central Manchester - Hazel Blears - says it's definitely copycat behaviour. "There is a sense though that some people though don't have the same kind of boundaries, I think parents should be asking where are their young people? Why are they out on the street at 10pm or 11pm at night". She said people need to know there are consequences of their behaviour.

Yet AGAIN.
Selective reading.
I shouldnt need to keep repeating things.

This is talking about parents who are going out to do the same as the kids are doing. You read that bit right ? .. you didn't just ignore it ? .. :rolleyes: Thus has no validity when talking about parents who aren't doing this.

I think a psychologist, an MP and a council leader have more knowledge of you on said matter. :rolleyes:

Any other rubbish you need me to laugh at? :smile:
Reply 71
Rep means nothing to me.

:rofl:

AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I speak the truth and keep it real.

AHAHA- No, please, no more. You're killing me here. :rofl:
Original post by Tommyjw
x

Now you're just trolling. People in the box were right about you.

'8.40am Paul Tilsley, the deputy leader of Birmingham City Council, says he was appalled to see young children heading into the city centre this evening. He has this message for parents: "Know where your kids are, know what your kids are doing, because you're responsible for them as a parent. Your responsibilities don't finish, and children as young as 10 getting involved in that kind of activity, you wonder what kind of parenting they're getting.'

WHAT PART OF THAT IS HARD TO GRASP? HE'S CLEARLY HIGHLIGHTING THAT THE PARENTING THEY'RE GETTING IS BELOW PAR AND THAT THEY'RE THEREFORE RESPONSIBLE.

You are delusional. Putting you on ignore now as you're just trolling.
Original post by zjs
:rofl:

AHAHA- No, please, no more. You're killing me here. :rofl:

It doesn't, neg me to your hearts content. :fluffy:
Reply 74
Now you're just trolling. People in the box were right about you.

'8.40am Paul Tilsley, the deputy leader of Birmingham City Council, says he was appalled to see young children heading into the city centre this evening. He has this message for parents: "Know where your kids are, know what your kids are doing, because you're responsible for them as a parent. Your responsibilities don't finish, and children as young as 10 getting involved in that kind of activity, you wonder what kind of parenting they're getting.'

WHAT PART OF THAT IS HARD TO GRASP? HE'S CLEARLY HIGHLIGHTING THAT THE PARENTING THEY'RE GETTING IS BELOW PAR AND THAT THEY'RE THEREFORE RESPONSIBLE.

You are delusional. Putting you on ignore now as you're just trolling.

Naww.. the lack of logic is astounding :rolleyes:

Care to read it again? Notice how he is talking about keeping kids inside tonight?

Please highlight to me where he has stated these kids have been getting bad parenting there whole lives which has no external factors ? Nowhere. He is saying that for the purpose of these riots parents need to know where there kids are.

/yawn. These bigoted fools are boring.
Original post by Tommyjw
Naww.. the lack of logic is astounding :rolleyes:

Care to read it again? Notice how he is talking about keeping kids inside tonight?

Please highlight to me where he has stated these kids have been getting bad parenting there whole lives which has no external factors ? Nowhere. He is saying that for the purpose of these riots parents need to know where there kids are.

/yawn. These bigoted fools are boring.

Anyone with a brain can work out that he's on about throughout their youth and parenting on a whole. Delusional.

He used parenting in the past tense, if you learnt English to a sufficient level you'd be aware of that.

He never said 'the parenting during these riots has been bad'. NO!

He was addressing parenting on the whole throughout the whole lives of these children.

A number of authoritative figures have disagreed with you. Just agree to disagree. The fact that you have resort to insults like 'bigoted fools' clearly highlights you know you're fighting a losing battle.

Latest

Trending

Trending