The Student Room Group

How do girls get their fringe like this!!? *Pic*

Okay, I have fought long and hard trying to find ways to make my fringe do this, but whatever I do it just falls flat bang in the middle of my face, and it looks horrible. Please could someone tell me how to get your fringe to "curve" round and stay kind of "ruffled"/"layered"? It's really hard to explain so I constructed a lovely little paint image to show you.

Help would be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Blow drying.
Hair wax
Reply 3
:giggle: I was expecting a photo
Original post by ummm
Okay, I have fought long and hard trying to find ways to make my fringe do this, but whatever I do it just falls flat bang in the middle of my face, and it looks horrible. Please could someone tell me how to get your fringe to "curve" round and stay kind of "ruffled"/"layered"? It's really hard to explain so I constructed a lovely little paint image to show you.

Hidden hairclips! I don't see how it's possible otherwise..
Reply 5
Like this?? blow drying hair to one side, straighteners and hair spray.
Reply 6
Haha... use one of those round brush things and blow dry it.
Reply 7
Original post by bbq1948
:giggle: I was expecting a photo

Please don't make any hurtful comments. She's got low self-esteem issues.
Reply 8
Haha aww that photo is cute.

But in answer to your question, mine does that sometimes, and it basically by blowdrying into the right place - even then, it doesn't stay that way all the time, so I end up having to push it back into place. And by touching my fringe pretty much constantly it goes a bit greasy by the end of the day.

So if you want that kind of fringe, blowdry into that style, then straighten - and probably some kind of hairspray. I don't tend to use hairspray - I always end up with a blob because I'm rubbish at using it, but I'm sure a loose hold spray would do the trick :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by black_mage
Like this?? blow drying hair to one side, straighteners and hair spray.

Nah, it's more the way it looks like she's just swept the hair out of her face, but it just sticks there in a layered sort of look? So hard to explain. :frown:
Reply 10
Jizz.
Reply 11
Original post by RoshniDiya
Haha... use one of those round brush things and blow dry it.

What technique though? Like what direction and how would you hold the brush? Hair styling doesn't come naturally to me. :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by ummm

I'm a boy...but i would say hair clippers.
Make your fringe really long. Mine has actually grown out, but it is still good to do that flicky thing with.
Reply 14
Original post by Marsha2112
Hidden hairclips! I don't see how it's possible otherwise..

Nah, it's definitely not hairclips. I've seen lots of girls with that kind of "swept" style. I just cannot master it however hard I try!
Reply 15
Nice drawing. :tongue:
Reply 16
you just need to keep blowing drying. For the first week it'll fall onto your face, but it will eventually be 'trained' into falling into that style :]

edit: and hair spray for the first few weeks :]
Reply 17
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Blow drying.

Using what and in what way?
Reply 18
Original post by Boo!xx
you just need to keep blowing drying. For the first week it'll fall onto your face, but it will eventually be 'trained' into falling into that style :]

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I have been trying to do this the past year to no success. I just want my hair out of my fricking face. :sigh:
Reply 19
Mine's like that and I don't blow dry it or use any products on it. The fringe has been cut so it naturally falls that way. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest