The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

thank you, that gives me some reassurance :smile: supposing that one of us will be lucky enough to get an interview, how many days after we received a letter/email saying we have an interview will the interview take place?
When do interviews normally come out?
Original post by Ama2007
When do interviews normally come out?

It doesn't matter when they 'normally' come out since the interviewing system has changed for this year. There are 7 dates, and you usually get about 2 weeks notice.
never mind i found the answer...earliest possible date is November :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
when do replies from universities about interviews first begin/ when do they usually come out? IM SO NERVOUSSS
Original post by nasir_12
Hi Zedd,
I am doing BSc in Clinical Sciences in Bradford and will Start my 3rd year in two weeks time. But had my UKCAT yesterday and i dont know what happened but VR just killed me:frown: It was nothing like the practise qs i had done so i ended up with these results:
VR 460
QR 700
AR 720
DA 710.

I was now wondering if it was worth me applying anywhere at all? I dont mind 5 year courses as I havent taken out any loans and would be able to manage with some maintence loan and working through summer but i think i might have kissed good bye to medicine for another 2 year at very least with such a bad performance in ukcat.
I also have B in chemistry A level but i think because of my degree I might be ok with that. Another reason apparently aberdeen takes quite a few grads from our programme. Might be because of high standard of people we have on our course or they might like our degree content. Need to email them and ask regarding this.

In extra stuff the usual medical applicant regular hockey player, d of e, St. John amb etc/8 months volunteering in local hospital/ 3 months working as support worker and now about to start as a hca in my local hospital.
Please if any of you aberdeen medics /TSRers have any comments regarding my chances. Please reply. I will appericate all your comments.
What about you Zedd? Whats your background?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Have you applied for Leeds?
Reply 2026
Original post by DrWannabe
Have you applied for Leeds?

You mean after first year for transfer? Than no i didn't i was really lazy in my first year having missed an offer for med school really demotivated me so i didnt get the required average in my first year. Have you applied for Clinical Sciences at bradford?

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nasir_12
You mean after first year for transfer? Than no i didn't i was really lazy in my first year having missed an offer for med school really demotivated me so i didnt get the required average in my first year. Have you applied for Clinical Sciences at bradford?

No, I'm a second year at Durham. Was just curious :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending