The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by kingme
Like a post letter or email letter?

Post :smile: I think you get two confirmation emails after you send your applications but you get a welcome pack thing through the post too :smile: I'm guessing you might have only got the emails :P?
Reply 221
Original post by LHC
Post :smile: I think you get two confirmation emails after you send your applications but you get a welcome pack thing through the post too :smile: I'm guessing you might have only got the emails :P?

No post yet :s-smilie:.

Stop scaring me fs. How long does it take it the post?
Original post by LHC
Ah i see, so they don't wait until they have interviewed everyone :O? Wow, march is a pretty late interview! You must have been absolutely chuffing when you got an offer a week later :biggrin:
Oh i see, hahaha i can imagine everyone's panic and frustration :L Lmao :L but thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I take no notice of the numbers :smile:

No, I don't know how they do it...but it seems to work! Well it was my latest interview and my earliest decision. Glasgow interviewed me in November and I got an offer at the end of March :rolleyes: Which was yet another reason to tell Glasgow where to shove it :biggrin:
Reply 223
Original post by kingme
No post yet :s-smilie:.

Stop scaring me fs. How long does it take it the post?

Hehe sorry :P well i was told four days and i havent got mine yet either. But it can take longer when you apply close to deadlines which might explain why we dont have ours :smile:
Reply 224
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
No, I don't know how they do it...but it seems to work! Well it was my latest interview and my earliest decision. Glasgow interviewed me in November and I got an offer at the end of March :rolleyes: Which was yet another reason to tell Glasgow where to shove it :biggrin:

Well if it works then i guess that is good :biggrin: I see, that's actually quite funny :L Haha, apparently all other medicine uni's dont like glasgow medical students? I decided that i didnt want to go to a university which only looked at ukcat score and nothing else to give interviews when I worked so hard to get my five A's :smile: It's rather unfair i think :L
Reply 225
Original post by LHC
Hehe sorry :P well i was told four days and i havent got mine yet either. But it can take longer when you apply close to deadlines which might explain why we dont have ours :smile:

You might have said you didn't have yours either :lol:
Original post by LHC
Well if it works then i guess that is good :biggrin: I see, that's actually quite funny :L Haha, apparently all other medicine uni's dont like glasgow medical students? I decided that i didnt want to go to a university which only looked at ukcat score and nothing else to give interviews when I worked so hard to get my five A's :smile: It's rather unfair i think :L

Well most people make fun of the PBL heaviness of their course. But at the end of the day the GMC are happy with it so it we really have no place to comment :smile:

I don't think it's unfair. Well at least no more unfair than discriminating on the basis of Grades or PS. One of the good things about Scottish medical schools is that they all have very different application processes. It means that you have a chance of doing well in one system if the others do not suit :smile:
I haven't got confirmation from Aberdeen (or Dundee either). Got e-mail confirmation from Glasgow and Edinburgh as well as confirmation from UCAS and the welcome pack from UCAS in the post. As TooSexy says I think last year both took ages to send out confirmations.
Reply 228
Original post by kingme
You might have said you didn't have yours either :lol:

I did, well I'm sure I did :P you just didn't read :wink:
Reply 229
Well most people make fun of the PBL heaviness of their course. But at the end of the day the GMC are happy with it so it we really have no place to comment :smile:

I don't think it's unfair. Well at least no more unfair than discriminating on the basis of Grades or PS. One of the good things about Scottish medical schools is that they all have very different application processes. It means that you have a chance of doing well in one system if the others do not suit :smile:

I think pbl is actually quite interesting and cool considering I really enjoy problem solving :smile: yeah I guess that is true.

Yeah but it feels like all the hard work for grades was a waste when you apply to Glasgow. It would be nice of them to consider all three before interview allocations but i get what you mean. It is good that they all do it so differently :smile: Glasgow seems to be the only one that doesn't suit do I guess I can't complain :P
Reply 230
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I haven't got confirmation from Aberdeen (or Dundee either). Got e-mail confirmation from Glasgow and Edinburgh as well as confirmation from UCAS and the welcome pack from UCAS in the post. As TooSexy says I think last year both took ages to send out confirmations.

That makes me feel better and I'm sure it'll make kingme feel better too, thanks :smile: I haven't got my ucas welcome pack through the post yet, when did you apply?
Original post by LHC
I think pbl is actually quite interesting and cool considering I really enjoy problem solving :smile: yeah I guess that is true.

Yeah but it feels like all the hard work for grades was a waste when you apply to Glasgow. It would be nice of them to consider all three before interview allocations but i get what you mean. It is good that they all do it so differently :smile: Glasgow seems to be the only one that doesn't suit do I guess I can't complain :P

mmm They state quite clearly that they have a cutoff, it is up to you to make sure you get above it if you want to go there :redface: Just as it is for you to get AAAAB> :smile:

Aberdeen is great university to study medicine at, I don't regret coming here for a minute :smile:
mmm They state quite clearly that they have a cutoff, it is up to you to make sure you get above it if you want to go there :redface: Just as it is for you to get AAAAB> :smile:

Aberdeen is great university to study medicine at, I don't regret coming here for a minute :smile:

Someone here was bitching about the 'cold' winter that's predicted. I don't think they actually believed me when I told them what last winter was like :rofl: Love Aberdeen, but very happy to be having a break :love:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Someone here was bitching about the 'cold' winter that's predicted. I don't think they actually believed me when I told them what last winter was like :rofl: Love Aberdeen, but very happy to be having a break :love:

Meh, when home is 5hrs north of Aberdeen you are used to the winters :rolleyes:
I was pretty disapointed last year in Aberdeen actually, as they had way more snow where I live in Edinburgh :angry:

There was me complaining about tramping through a few inches of snow in Aberdeen while my brother was going through a foot to get to school in Edinburgh.
Original post by LHC
That makes me feel better and I'm sure it'll make kingme feel better too, thanks :smile: I haven't got my ucas welcome pack through the post yet, when did you apply?

12th of October :smile:
Original post by TheRabbit
I was pretty disapointed last year in Aberdeen actually, as they had way more snow where I live in Edinburgh :angry:

There was me complaining about tramping through a few inches of snow in Aberdeen while my brother was going through a foot to get to school in Edinburgh.

The snow is not the unbelievable part - noone south of the border believes that -20C is a survivable temperature :rofl:
Reply 237
Did anyone else (Grad students) get an email from admissions today asking about the chemistry content of the course? I got one from Emma, asking me to send her all the details about my chemistry modules (2 or 6 if you count biochem), conetent, grades etc...
Hope this is a good sign? Do any of the current Aberdeen medics know of this at all?
Original post by gh70
Did anyone else (Grad students) get an email from admissions today asking about the chemistry content of the course? I got one from Emma, asking me to send her all the details about my chemistry modules (2 or 6 if you count biochem), conetent, grades etc...
Hope this is a good sign? Do any of the current Aberdeen medics know of this at all?

I know this happens - one of my cohort had to do a chem summer school as his condition of entry because his degree didn't contain enough chem. I don't know any details of quite how much is required though.
Original post by gh70

I didn't but then by course was completely unrelated to chemistry and I am doing Higher's in Chemistry and Human Biology at night school this year to make up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending