The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by gh70
What do you mean by Xmas, some of us are already having nervous breakdowns and I have acknowledgemnts from all my choices lol!
Thanks for the sentiment and wise words though!:smile:

I think i may be one of those nervous breakdowns already people :P the tension is too much :L
Original post by LHC
I know, I know :P I just can't help panicking :L and actually my panicking/worrying has increased now that one of my other choices (st andrews) have given out interviews already :O and that is without the ukcat scores sent from pearson vue :O so just hearing absolutely anything from any university will help me not panic so much :smile: hence why i am desperate for an acknowledgement from aberdeen :P

You seem remarkably easy to please :tongue: I suspect Aberdeen are handing out acknowledgments in alphabetical/order received/how many vowels in your name/how much your parents earn order.
Reply 282
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
You seem remarkably easy to please :tongue: I suspect Aberdeen are handing out acknowledgments in alphabetical/order received/how many vowels in your name/how much your parents earn order.

oh i certainly am :P ah that sounds just about right :P i'm betting on how much your parents earn :wink:
Original post by LHC
oh i certainly am :P ah that sounds just about right :P i'm betting on how much your parents earn :wink:

Don't try and speculate about uni admissions' processes. No news is good news.....(Until proven otherwise :smile:)
Reply 284
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Don't try and speculate about uni admissions' processes. No news is good news.....(Until proven otherwise :smile:)

Ok, ok... :P so that means, so far i have good news :biggrin: ok i shall try and think about it like that :P
Reply 285
Original post by LHC
how many people do you know that have received something from aberdeen? Do you know of any interviews? If it makes you feel any better, I still have received absolutely nothing! :smile:

Nobody, its just all these folks on here going on about what they've got from where. I thought I would handle it better this year as well(re-applicant). I need to chill :smile:

Apparently St Andrew's were giving out interviews the other day, and they hadn't even acknowledged my application. **** it something awful.
Reply 286
Original post by kingme
Nobody, its just all these folks on here going on about what they've got from where. I thought I would handle it better this year as well(re-applicant). I need to chill :smile:

Apparently St Andrew's were giving out interviews the other day, and they hadn't even acknowledged my application. **** it something awful.

Ah ok :L well if several people got letters from them the past couple of days then hopefully we will soon :biggrin:

Ah yes i know, I'm freaking out about that. Also three people from my school haven't received acknowledgements from them either :confused: i just want something, anything, from any university to keep me happy. I currently check my emails around 5 times a day, possibly more :O and track of course too :L and i think it's good to know that dundee applicants will hear from them next week :biggrin: so maybe I will calm down a bit once i get an acknowledgement or questionaire from them :tongue:
Reply 287
Original post by LHC
Ah ok :L well if several people got letters from them the past couple of days then hopefully we will soon :biggrin:

Ah yes i know, I'm freaking out about that. Also three people from my school haven't received acknowledgements from them either :confused: i just want something, anything, from any university to keep me happy. I currently check my emails around 5 times a day, possibly more :O and track of course too :L and i think it's good to know that dundee applicants will hear from them next week :biggrin: so maybe I will calm down a bit once i get an acknowledgement or questionaire from them :tongue:

I just emailed them asking if they had received my application, then they sent me this generic email 5 minutes later. Didn't have any specific reference to me, so it didn't really help, but I could just hear the person in admissions' 'ffs sigh'. :P
Original post by kingme

OMG, apparently??
Reply 289
Original post by kingme
I just emailed them asking if they had received my application, then they sent me this generic email 5 minutes later. Didn't have any specific reference to me, so it didn't really help, but I could just hear the person in admissions' 'ffs sigh'. :P

oh did you :L? Haha what did the email say though :P? Well at least they know you're interested :smile: I'm now feeling much better as i just got an unconditional for anatomy at glasgow :smile: so now i can relax a little bit because at least i have a place at university :L
Reply 290
Original post by LHC
I currently check my emails around 5 times a day, possibly more :O and track of course too :L and i think it's good to know that dundee applicants will hear from them next week :biggrin: so maybe I will calm down a bit once i get an acknowledgement or questionaire from them :tongue:

Dundee applicants hear next week? As in we'll hear if we've got an interview or just been rejected straight away? Ahh so soon!
Reply 291
Original post by LPScot
Dundee applicants hear next week? As in we'll hear if we've got an interview or just been rejected straight away? Ahh so soon!

no i mean like last year on the 1st/2nd of novemeber dundee applicants get their acknowledgements and then the 10th they get sent a questionnaire which everyone has to do :smile: so we will probably get that too around then :biggrin: i think interviews are given in a rolling bases from when the ukcat scores are sent onwards ie after the 4th of november :smile: sorry if i got your hopes up there :P
Reply 292
Original post by kingme

It's strange, seeing as they don't have our ukcat scores yet. Even if they are interviewing already, don't panic because they interview right up until March.

CALM DOWN EVERYBODY, it's not even been two weeks since the deadline. It's still early days.
Some people wrote their UKCAT results on their UCAS forms and they're the ones getting St. A's interviews.

Do you guys really want an interview now? Considering we're still having to deal with the A2 step up and stuff? Taking things one step at a time is better imo. :o:
Original post by Parle à ma main
Some people wrote their UKCAT results on their UCAS forms and they're the ones getting St. A's interviews.

Do you guys really want an interview now? Considering we're still having to deal with the A2 step up and stuff? Taking things one step at a time is better imo. :o:

Do I Want an interview now??????trust me mate you want an interview at any time!:redface:
Original post by Anterior view
Do I Want an interview now??????trust me mate you want an interview at any time!:redface:

Haha, I mean, like, an early interview isn't better than a later one... I know what you mean that news/hearing back from unis is good, but the deadline was only two weeks ago ish, a breather from UCAS stuff and no commitments to stop me from staying on top of A2s is welcomed by me. :p:
Reply 296
Original post by LHC
oh did you :L? Haha what did the email say though :P? Well at least they know you're interested :smile: I'm now feeling much better as i just got an unconditional for anatomy at glasgow :smile: so now i can relax a little bit because at least i have a place at university :L

It just said - we have received your application. well not exactly but that was the gist.

I also have an unconditional for anatomy at glasgow, dunno if i'll go though.

And I got my letter from Aberdeen this morning:biggrin:
I got my letter from Aberdeen this morning too, and access to the applicants web portal.

They said in the letter, as TooSexy has been saying, that all interview invites will be sent out in the post and not through the applicants portal or track.
Reply 298
Got my letter from Aberdeen too!!
Reply 299
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I got my letter from Aberdeen this morning too, and access to the applicants web portal.

They said in the letter, as TooSexy has been saying, that all interview invites will be sent out in the post and not through the applicants portal or track.

Got mine this morning as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending