The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
It is distressing to me to think that I won't be here next year to greet, and drink with, all you would be freshers.

Unless of course I get foundation in Aberdeen and can do so as a lecherous Doctor.

:wink:

Anyway, good luck to you all who have applied.

-TLP.

Nice first post (I think).

I will down pints in your honour (providing I get in).
Original post by Ferdowsi
Nice first post (I think).

I will down pints in your honour (providing I get in).

I'll drink with you lot if you want :rolleyes:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope

I'll hold you to that (provided I get an offer.........)
Reply 323
I just got an email from UCAS thinking it was an update on the status of my application

Turns out it was about some HSBC for students...

Oh UCAS how you taunt me :frown:...
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I'll hold you to that (provided I get an offer.........)

Better than drinking alone anyway :tongue:
Reply 325
Original post by Becca-Sarah
The first interviews are usually end of November/ start of December, but they start with locals generally - it's not a preference towards them, just the way Aberdeen organise things.

Aww dang, I guess us internationals will just have to be a bit more patient :rolleyes:
Reply 326
awww man, i cant believe they've started giving out interviews :frown: and it looks like they've only given a weeks notice :O I hate waiting. :banghead: :argh:
Original post by LHC
awww man, i cant believe they've started giving out interviews :frown: and it looks like they've only given a weeks notice :O I hate waiting. :banghead: :argh:

I think the notice is a bit ridiculous tbh, some applicants will spend a fortune trying to get from Englandshire to Aberdeen with a week's notice.
Reply 328
I think the notice is a bit ridiculous tbh, some applicants will spend a fortune trying to get from Englandshire to Aberdeen with a week's notice.

I'm assuming international candidates will get more notice than one week? :eek:
Reply 329
Original post by Samy
I'm assuming international candidates will get more notice than one week? :eek:

They better lol otherwise Im gonna have to take a 5000 dollar last minute business class flight :frown:

I swear if its anything less than a 2 week notice Ill just LOL to myself at my bad luck, before rushing over to expedia
Reply 330
Original post by .eXe
They better lol otherwise Im gonna have to take a 5000 dollar last minute business class flight :frown:

I swear if its anything less than a 2 week notice Ill just LOL to myself at my bad luck, before rushing over to expedia

Yeah, im pretty sure if you book earlier its like $400-500 but when its like 1 week or less its $3000+ :frown:

I think I got two weeks notice, but it cost me in the region of three figures to get to interview.
Reply 332
Original post by CocaineSquirrel
According to this, they have already started.

Yeah it's only two though. I'm not panicking yet seeing as they interview right up until March. Would be nice to be one of the two though...
Reply 333
Original post by Samy
I just got an email from UCAS thinking it was an update on the status of my application

It's even worse when you get emails from the uni itself. Be prepared to get LOADS of pointless emails from Aberdeen.

Original post by Samy

HAHAHAHAHA I GOT IT TOO. I got a shock but then again I'm an international applicant and have yet to receive any snail mails from Aberdeen at all :frown: Nor emails :frown: Oh Aberdeen :frown:
Original post by Metastasis
HAHAHAHAHA I GOT IT TOO. I got a shock but then again I'm an international applicant and have yet to receive any snail mails from Aberdeen at all :frown: Nor emails :frown: Oh Aberdeen :frown:

Thank god I ticked do not send me marketing and sales e-mails!
Original post by Braddd
Yeah it's only two though. I'm not panicking yet seeing as they interview right up until March. Would be nice to be one of the two though...

This!!!

It's a big task. Not many are up for it.

Have you shown dedication the speciality that is Disco Medicine?
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
It's a big task. Not many are up for it.

Have you shown dedication the speciality that is Disco Medicine?

On the committee baby :wink:
Seriously starting to worry about everything now :frown: Still can't pick my 5th non medical choice either ARRRR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending