The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noregrets
Also, stupid question here but if you get interviewed early, do you get an offer early too? Or do they give all offers at the same time? (apologies if this has been answered already)

Most offers come in March, a few people get theirs just a couple of weeks after their interview.
Reply 361
Original post by roar558
Yeah, I might see you there.

Have you got a morning or afternoon interview?
Reply 362
Original post by barney121
Have you got a morning or afternoon interview?

Afternoon, you?
Reply 363
Same, just after 3.
Are you on the 12:30 tour?
Reply 364
Same, just after 3.
Are you on the 12:30 tour?

Looks like you'll be coming in just as I finish. Yeah, I am on the tour although I doubt it's changed much from last year.
Reply 365
Btw, is it just me who hasn't had an acknowledgement letter?
Reply 366
Original post by roar558
Looks like you'll be coming in just as I finish. Yeah, I am on the tour although I doubt it's changed much from last year.

Oh, are you a reapplicant then?
What was your interview like last year?
Reply 367
Oh, are you a reapplicant then?
What was your interview like last year?

If I'm honest terribly, had mindblanks for some of the questions and was incredibly nervous. Didn't come across well at all.
Reply 368
Original post by roar558
If I'm honest terribly, had mindblanks for some of the questions and was incredibly nervous. Didn't come across well at all.

I'm sure you'll do much better this year :biggrin:
Reply 369
Original post by roar558

Original post by roar558
Btw, is it just me who hasn't had an acknowledgement letter?

Don't worry about it. My application was sent way before the 15th October deadline. My acknowledgement was dated for somewhere around the 8th of this month. There may/may not be a system, but because they get so many applications, maybe they do them all one at a time?
Original post by HeatherM
Don't worry about it. My application was sent way before the 15th October deadline. My acknowledgement was dated for somewhere around the 8th of this month. There may/may not be a system, but because they get so many applications, maybe they do them all one at a time?

We'll make a cynic out of you yet :wink:
Reply 371
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope

We'll make a cynic out of you yet :wink:

By all means, do your worst :wink:
Reply 372
Anyone been sent notification of an interview today? Got mine on 6th December :smile: so thrilled, first interview so far!! UKCAT 645 by the way, Scottish applicant.
Original post by seocor935
Anyone been sent notification of an interview today? Got mine on 6th December :smile: so thrilled, first interview so far!! UKCAT 645 by the way, Scottish applicant.

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 374

was that by email or a letter?
Reply 375
Congratulations :smile:

Original post by kingme
was that by email or a letter?

Thank you!! It was by email but they said a letter was on it's way :smile: anyone got any tips? :smile:
Thank you!! It was by email but they said a letter was on it's way :smile: anyone got any tips? :smile:

Don't get lost.
Reply 377
Don't get lost.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, you heard back yet?
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, you heard back yet?

I'm a second year medical student. So yes.
Reply 379

aaawwwww. at least if it was a letter i'd have another day thinking i might have an interview :tongue:

congrats though :smile:

there's a bunch of threads on here to look at for interview.

just know your PS inside out, think of things to say regarding experience.

practice answers to obvious questions and just generally being analytical and concise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending