Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What was your average UKCAT score?
    500 or lower
    0.97%
    501 - 549
    0%
    550 - 599
    6.80%
    600 - 649
    34.95%
    650 - 699
    37.86%
    700 - 749
    12.14%
    750 - 799
    4.37%
    800 or higher
    2.91%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caminacambob)
    Any other undergraduates here waiting for interviews still?

Got an unsuccessful from Edinburgh a couple of days ago but have heard nothing else from anywhere! Nervous that time is running out for me

Hope i'm not the only one here in this position!

I'm still waiting as well... It's really stressing and I'm loosing the hope to get an interview...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HI.... i just joined the room
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cococreme)
    I'm still waiting as well... It's really stressing and I'm loosing the hope to get an interview...
    Try not to let stress get the better of you. As I have mentioned on this thread before, lots of people received invitations to interview in late February/March.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any good but cheap places to stay close to the railway station or close to a bus route so I can take the bus in the morning?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamba)
    Any good but cheap places to stay close to the railway station or close to a bus route so I can take the bus in the morning?
    There's a Travelodge on the corner of Union Street and Bridge Street, and the Number 3 bus runs direct to the hospital from Bridge Street. The railway station is at the bottom end of that road as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I replied to accept my interview last week, does anyone know if I should receive a confirmation email. I'm worried they haven't got my email
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateemily)
    I replied to accept my interview last week, does anyone know if I should receive a confirmation email. I'm worried they haven't got my email
    Hi you should just receive a short e mail as I did, if you have not then just give them a call
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Try not to let stress get the better of you. As I have mentioned on this thread before, lots of people received invitations to interview in late February/March.
    Thanks, it really helps a bit... Anyway, at least I already have some offers Does anyone know whether EU students get invitations before UK students, or it is rather random?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When you think about it, you guys submitted your applications about 4 months ago now. At tops you have 5 weeks to wait. You've done the hard part
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to take proper ID with you to the interview? I know in the email it says that you should bring either 'a passport sized colour photograph of yourself OR
    other photographic proof such as a passport or a driving licence that we can copy'. It's just every other interview asks you to bring a passport and I appear to have lost mine...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braddd)
    Do you need to take proper ID with you to the interview? I know in the email it says that you should bring either 'a passport sized colour photograph of yourself OR
    other photographic proof such as a passport or a driving licence that we can copy'. It's just every other interview asks you to bring a passport and I appear to have lost mine...
    just a photo's fine.
    i brought a passport and had a spare picture with me and was about to take out my passport to give them and the person said to just give the photo to save them photocopying it
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    just a photo's fine.
    i brought a passport and had a spare picture with me and was about to take out my passport to give them and the person said to just give the photo to save them photocopying it
    Thanks, this is great news. I was really panicking when I realised my passport was missing. I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do the interview. I've got spare photos from my Glasgow interview so I'll just use one of them. I should probably get a provisional and stop taking my passport out for ID...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamba)
    3A*s, 2As 2Bs + 2 Distinctions (ICT and Business Intermediate GNVQ)
    Achieved ABB (Maths, Chem, Bio) was a few marks off an A for chem
    670 ukcat

Doing science degree and predicted 2.1

By the way can anyone tell me why the heck national rail site is playing up so wanna book the "cheap" fare i found
    Would you mind me asking what your work experience was?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
    I'm still waiting as well, I haven't heard a thing apart from the acknowledgement letter months ago.
    me too. dont worry guys, we're in the same boat!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where is the best place to find out about the Aberdeen curriculum (teaching methods etc.)?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumBlack)
    Where is the best place to find out about the Aberdeen curriculum (teaching methods etc.)?
    http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/aberdeen/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justine_de_Sade)
    Hi you should just receive a short e mail as I did, if you have not then just give them a call
    I called. they did receive my e-mail. so relived, thanks
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumBlack)
    Wouldn't that have been of more use before your interview?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to the candidates being interviewed on the 14th, 15th and 16th.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Wouldn't that have been of more use before your interview?
    He's got a week or so before his interview .

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.