Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What was your average UKCAT score?
    500 or lower
    0.96%
    501 - 549
    0%
    550 - 599
    6.73%
    600 - 649
    34.62%
    650 - 699
    38.46%
    700 - 749
    12.02%
    750 - 799
    4.33%
    800 or higher
    2.88%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to join it but says I need someone to accept me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harbour Seal)
    Withdrew from Aberdeen as I got an offer from Glasgow
    Hi Harbour,

Did you get a conditional from glasgow If so is it to get a distinction on the course, I'm applying for the course this year.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanbag123)
    I have tried to join it but says I need someone to accept me!
    Sames, wasn't sure if it was only for regular studentroomates...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, Got a conditional offer from Aberdeen yesterday at 10:15! I was so elated as it was my only hope....the medicine application process has been such an emotional assault for me and I'm sure everyone else! meant to do this earlier but kinda forgot due to excitement! I've just firmed the offer, so it looks like I'm moving to Scotland if I get the grades! Thought I shouls show my face around this forum since I'm most probably going to be meeting some of you in September. And best of luck to everyone still waiting- I know how it feels- remember it's not over till its over- while there is still hope, cling to it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harbour seal)
    withdrew from aberdeen as i got an offer from glasgow :d :d :d
    so happy you got in!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateR94)
    Sames, wasn't sure if it was only for regular studentroomates...
    Shouldn't think so! Just think the person who made it has to let us in lol :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh'bobble_x)
    Ach, no worries! My mate got her rejection, without an interview today too! They left it pretty late though ohh well!! Hope you guys get your other offers, and for those who got this one, congrats and best of luck
    hi there!ur fren is a home or international student?is he/she a graduate???
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateR94)
    Can anyone join this? (obvs anyone holding an offer- bit awkward otherwise)
    Yeah, you might need to wait until the admin is online though for her to accept you but everyone's allowed in! Just for people to get to know each other a bit better
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused as to where to go. I didn't think I would ever get more than one offer so I didn't think I would have to decide. I'm stuck between Aberdeen and Glasgow. I loved the medical school in Aberdeen when I was up for my interview but the thought of living there is quite daunting. All of my friends are at Glasgow and I know I would love it there but I'm not too sure on the course. I wish someone could just decide for me...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am an undergraduate (i.e in the final year of my degree) I still have not as yet heard from them, no interview no rejection as yet, i think its cruel how they are keeping people hanging by a string ... i just dnt knw what 2 do ive had 3 rejections so far and aberdeen is my last hope 4 med school this year ... really ain taking dis to weel esp as ive been predicted a FIRST CLASS in freaking CHEMISTRY!!!! sighsss
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard some1 mention earlier in the posts that some1 had said that they might extend interviews till April is dis true ?? If sooo plzz do let me know , im desperate
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seocor935)
    Yeah, you might need to wait until the admin is online though for her to accept you but everyone's allowed in! Just for people to get to know each other a bit better
    Oh yeah fair enough, thanks, firming fo sho!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Turns out I have the power to accept. So I just accepted three requests. You guys in now? Xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeatherM)
    Turns out I have the power to accept. So I just accepted three requests. You guys in now? Xxx
    Hey can you please accept me.. I sent request.. My name is Agnieszka, thnx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys, can someone tell me how I can log into portal, please? I dont know where to find it. I dont remember getting an email or letter from aberdeen giving me a URL for a portal but now on ucas it says I should look in my portal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected w/o interview
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2020durian)
    there you go. hope it helps. btw, u have to put in ur DOB and UCAS ID.

https://ewbcbl12.admin.abdn.ac.uk/pl...9&ssousername=

Thanks!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy1994)
    Hi everyone, Got a conditional offer from Aberdeen yesterday at 10:15! I was so elated as it was my only hope....the medicine application process has been such an emotional assault for me and I'm sure everyone else! meant to do this earlier but kinda forgot due to excitement! I've just firmed the offer, so it looks like I'm moving to Scotland if I get the grades! Thought I shouls show my face around this forum since I'm most probably going to be meeting some of you in September. And best of luck to everyone still waiting- I know how it feels- remember it's not over till its over- while there is still hope, cling to it!
    what if u havent had an interview as yet??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfan)
    Rejected w/o interview
    i still havent hear from them , so its too late for hope of an interview isnt it ??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    sigh, heard nothing post-interview, think it's probably going to be bad news now Not gona get too down about it though AS TODAY I HANDED IN MY DISSERTATION

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.