The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
True, but losing is more difficult than gaining, which is what the debate is about.
Reply 21
bis432
because they arent doing it right. there are ways round it.

put it this way, would you rather have to force yourself to not eat things all day everyday when your body and hormones are just crying out for you to do so, or sit around eating anything and everything you want all day? which is physically and mentally harder out of the two?

What is the right way to do it then? (and don't say eat eat eat, because I could just say to an endomorph eat less less less.)

This is my point.

Yes it is easy for an ectomorph to gain weight once you know how to, the same way it is easy for an endomorph to lose weight once they know how to.
Reply 22
I also disagree with the people who say gaining is easier than losing weight, it depends whether you are the kind of person who enjoys their food. You usually find it is the people who start off fat that say gaining weight is easier and vice versa for skinny people.

that is true. but how commited are you?

I dont train at the moment, but when i was my diet evolved around liquidised fish and raw eggs and ensuring i ate every 2 hours. Most people just thought i was sad and needed to get a life, but its what i wanted so i did it. I didnt really stick at it long enough to see amazing results but i was still much bigger and stronger than most at the time.
Reply 23
xyz2k6
What is the right way to do it then? (and don't say eat eat eat, because I could just say to an endomorph eat less less less.)

This is my point.

Yes it is easy for an ectomorph to gain weight once you know how to, the same way it is easy for an endomorph to lose weight once they know how to.

eat more of the right things, nice things. whereas fat people have to eat less of everything, especially nice things.

but what i am saying is its HARDER. yes they are both simular principles but when your hungry and want to eat and see something you like and resisting it is extremely hard, your body craves it, it needs it. whereas if your ectomorph they just simply dont eat right but are comfortable and dont crave for things and their body doesnt have crazy urges.
Reply 24
l1ncs
I also disagree with the people who say gaining is easier than losing weight, it depends whether you are the kind of person who enjoys their food. You usually find it is the people who start off fat that say gaining weight is easier and vice versa for skinny people.

May I add to that. Although it is a great privilige eating whatever you want, it is not entirely fun if you have to eat 6 meals a day just to gain weight. For two reasons, it is economically expensive and secondly it is tiresome.
Reply 25
but its nice. eating is so pleasurable, and if you eat the right things you wont have to eat constantly, neither will it have to cost much more.
Reply 26
bis432
eat more of the right things, nice things. whereas fat people have to eat less of everything, especially nice things.

but what i am saying is its HARDER. yes they are both simular principles but when your hungry and want to eat and see something you like and resisting it is extremely hard, your body craves it, it needs it. whereas if your ectomorph they just simply dont eat right but are comfortable and dont crave for things and their body doesnt have crazy urges.

Couldn't an endomorphic eat whatever he/she wanted as long as she did a lot of cardio work at the gym to burn that off?

--------------

bis432
but its nice. eating is so pleasurable, and if you eat the right things you wont have to eat constantly, neither will it have to cost much more.

This is the million doller question.

What are the right things? All I have ever heard people say, is consume excessive amounts of protein , eat "lots lots lots" and consume more calories then you burn - which does not help as I don't know how many calories I burn in a day.
Reply 27
xyz2k6
Couldn't an endomorphic eat whatever he/she wanted as long as she did a lot of cardio work at the gym to burn that off?

--------------

This is the million doller question.

What are the right things? All I have ever heard people say, is consume excessive amounts of protein , eat "lots lots lots" and consume more calories then you burn - which does not help as I don't know how many calories I burn in a day.

yes he/she could burn it off, but it would take him/her hours of hard physical work which is not fun.

the right things are high calorie foods, its that simple. you can work out an estimate of how many calories you burn per day too.
You also have to look at if you are getting enough carbs a day. If you aren't then your body will go into something called ketosis so your body will start to use other sources like protein (so you continue the cycle of effectively eating yourself.)
to the dude asking how to gain weight, but not "eat more"

Theres no other advice to give you im afraid. Eat. More. Calories.

if you dont like eating, then tough, theres no other way - except a drip or getting food directly into your stomach.

You dont really need to know how many cals you actually need to eat in order to gain weight. Just eat more...not gaining? eat MORE...still not? eat even more

it would help though if you started keeping track of your diet so you actually know how many cals and ideally p/c/f youre eating. I wouldnt be surprised if what you claim to be OMFG SHITLOADZ OF f00D isnt really very many calories

If you like nuts, go and buy kilos of them and go mad. Nuts are THE best way for me to **** up my attempts to cut. 600 calories per 100g (and thats not a lot of volume for nuts).

nuts rule :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending