The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yups, I pulled an all-nighter :biggrin:

First question:

2a) Discuss two theories on the formation/maintenance of relationships (12 marks)

I did Evolutionary theory and Reinforcement-affect model

b) Evaluate one of these theories (12 marks)

I evaluated Evolutuonary - used Buss et al for sexual faithfulness, the study on pheromones, talked about animal/human differences.

3) Discuss two theories relating to something or other (social exchange and deindividuation) (24 marks)

For Social Exchange I went into very brief detail then wrote about 3 pages on Bandura. I wasn't sure on this question, so I thought writing about this was better than nothing.

For deindivuduation, I was screwed, so I just wrote about being in a crowd, anonymity and drug influences briefly, then went on about Zimbardo's deindividuation methods.

5 a) Describe 2 theories of dreams (12 marks)

BEST. QUESTION. EVER. I just described Problem Solving and Freud's Psychoanalytical theory. Piece of piss really.

b) Evaluate one of these theories

Again, pretty good. I went on about difficulty to state falsifiability, historically/culturally biased samples of neutoric/repressed Victorian/Vienesse women, briefly spoke on research support, PET scans, Solms, Braun and Freud suggesting some dreams may simply serve as warnings.

I reckon I did ok-ish. I only need about 50-55% to maintain my current B-grade:

2a) 8/12
b) 4/12
3) 10/24
5a) 10/12
b) 9/12
Written communication: 3/4
TOTAL: 44/76 I reckon in the least, which is 57.9%.

Now, to start cramming for my Media exam in 2 hours time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 61
I have a media exam this afternoon, writing practice essays at the moment. You did exactly the same questions as me! I'm not going to go into it though! Hope everyone did well xx
Reply 62
Thank God that's over, the question on r'ships was a bit nasty, what with it specifying the AO2 component to only one study. This limited my answer considerably. The rest was ok, but mucked up my timing - I hate it when they start exams at 8.53 or something daft like that-it completely throws me off. Not sure I wrote enough (ran out of time on last question, only did 6 lines of AO2) but filled 10-11 pages so can't be too bad. Looking back at what I got down, I reckon i got about 50 out of 72. Anyone know what this equates to in terms of grade?

Does anybody know the grade boundaries roughly?
Reply 63
Yay it's over!!!!!
The criminology question was a bit crappy, but I don't want to go over it I'll only end up crying!!
Paddy
Reply 64
Grade boundaries, at least for me, are:

A = 80%
B = 70%
C = 60%
D = 50%
E = 40%
U = 0-39%
Reply 65
Phew.. that was OK, the relationships one was a bit rubbish for me. At least it's over... until tomorrow morning when I've got Biology. I need SLEEP!
Reply 66
I've been awake 24 and a half hours now. *dies*
that was a really good exam i thought. i wasn't TOO sure about question 5 & the evaluation bit though. I chose to evaluate Hobson & McCarley's activation synthesis model & found myself blabbing on a little too much..
Reply 68
i didn't like part a)for question 5,,,,i couldn't think of much to talk about just 'outlining the theories' d'oh! Hopefully I made up for that with the AO2, I also did the activation synthesis, completely dissing Hobson!

It's sooo hard to say how it went, cos it's all about playing the exam game...I'm not confident I included what they wanted to hear....please let me have done well!

Bring on March 9th! Hope everyone elses went well:-)

off to revise for geography now, booo!

Marcia x
i had a quetion on adulthood that our teacher told us NOTHING about!! :frown:
Reply 70
Firsty, I wasn't up all night - I always give myself 3am/3:30am as a cut-off point, or I'm good for nothing (besides, the odd 3 hour night always gives me energy).

As for the exam: I think I did alright on question 5a).. Did Freud and activation synthesis, but couldn't remember the cells that fill with acetylcholine.. goddamn. 5b) was a bit of a pain, I think I just rambled about Freud and Solms and problems/criticisms of Freud.. couldn't remember much else :s blegh.

Question 10 was a bit off - Describe and evaluate one theory of moral development and/or pro-social reasoning.
One? ONE!? I skritched around a bit with a proto-plan, then decided to go for Kohlberg, constantly comparing it to the behavioural approach. Not so good.

As for question 11 - Discuss research into relationships during adolescence.
... This was pretty much the one topic I hadn't done last night. I rambled a bit, rushed the last few lines to make it look like I'd run out of time (must try to save face), and left it...
My predictions?
5a) ~8/12
5b) ~8/12
10) ~16/24
11)~6/24
Written comm. ~4/4

Overall, likely to be a big fat D. Retake ahoy! Perhaps I should have been up all night. :rolleyes:
supercat
I have a media exam this afternoon, writing practice essays at the moment. You did exactly the same questions as me! I'm not going to go into it though! Hope everyone did well xx

Hello Cat. this is philippa and daryl. ITS OVERRRRRRR! YEAHHHHHHHHH.
you are in media HAHA.
:eek:
Reply 72
I dont know how i should feel happy its over or sad because i think i did rubbish :confused: :eek: :smile:
Reply 73
i did the aqa spec A exam this morning. we study relationships, sleeping and dreaming and evolutionary stuff. has anyone had any annoying invidulators (sp?)? we had this guy sitting on a table swinging his legs. i could see hi, out the corner of my eye!! how did everyone else find the exam this morning?
Reply 74
I did the question on biases in the attribution process, which was OK, and relationships. However, the dream one was a shock. I had done next to no revision on it on the pretense that sleep was going to come up. However, last ditch revision at 6:00am gave me atleast something to write about.

On the whole, I think the stress of the exam got to me and I don't think I did aswell as if I had prepared in a more thorough manner.
Reply 75
My allnighter paid off on evolutionary psych coz our techer didn't even go through it with us. Read the textbook through the night. Now been awake for 26 hours.
Reply 76
I've been awake for 27 and a half hours *dies*
I've got the exam in June and can't believe how much we're gonna have to revise- its gonna be bloomin insane!!! And we've still got the coursework to do!! Yikes!!! We haven't even finished the stuff for this exam yet. Time is gonna be so tight! :eek:

Oh and what were the questions for Pro and Anti social behaviour, Biological rhythms and Personality development etc??? Might give me a clue as t what could come up in the June exam!!
Reply 78
Oh and what were the questions for Pro and Anti social behaviour, Biological rhythms and Personality development etc??? Might give me a clue as t what could come up in the June exam!!

Don't know about the other two but for the social psychology question it was "outline + evaluate 2 social psychological theories of aggression".
Reply 79
beach_surf_babe

Question 5 (bio rhythms etc) was:
5a) Outline two theories of dreams. (12 marks)
5b) Evaluate one of these two theories. (12 marks)

Not sure which topic personality development falls under (since I did two cog. dev. sections), so here, have these:
Question 10: Describe and evaluate one theory of moral development and/or pro-social reasoning. (24 marks)
Question 11: Discuss research into relationships with peers and/or parents during adolescence. (24 marks)

Latest

Trending

Trending