The Student Room Group

riots+ NO shopping

with all this riots their is no chance of doing any shopping for my first year of college.
and am not much of a onliner if that's is possible with all this miss in the streets.
which means its back to the back of the closet pulling out old clothes. O_O

Scroll to see replies

Business destroyed
Hundreds injured
People homeless

I really pity you and your lack of new clothes
Reply 2
Good grief, you poor thing.
Well at least you'll be able to get all of your new course textbooks.
The riots won't last forever. Wait a week for it to blow over, then shop. Simples.
Reply 5
Is this thread a joke? Peoples lives have been destroyed from beneath them, through no fault of their own, and you're worried about what to wear this weekend?

Gimme a break.
Original post by noor momo
with all this riots their is no chance of doing any shopping for my first year of college.
and am not much of a onliner if that's is possible with all this miss in the streets.
which means its back to the back of the closet pulling out old clothes. O_O

**SIGH**

If where you are has been really badly hit, why don't you get out and go and volunteer to help sort out the mess so that the people whose livelihoods have been devastated by the riots can get back on their feet quicker and so that your community can be cleaner and safer again?

Also, when does your college year start? Most people don't go back until at least September so you've got another 2 weeks to sort out your wardrobe. Why don't you browse online so you know exactly what you want when you can get to a shop and try it on etc?
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh my, what a hard life you have.

Seriously? London is burning, and you're bitching because it interferes with your shopping?
(edited 12 years ago)
Awww diddums.
BITCH.
You'll have to be an "onliner" - most of the shops on the high street have websites, so just stick with them as you'll know their sizes

Original post by DarkSenrine
Well at least you'll be able to get all of your new course textbooks.

Ha! Waterstones is still in tact!
So what about the people who had to watch their homes burn down to ash, including all of their personal belongings?!

But poor you...you can't go shopping for new clothes. :curious:
Reply 11
Got to love the holier than thou art attitude of some of you here, it's pathetic. Why aren't any of YOU helping with the clean-up rather than bitching at someone on TSR? Grow up.

Try Amazon and Ebay, the postal service hasn't been disrupted too much unless you're slap bang in one of the affected areas.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Derfel
Got love the holier than thou art attitude of some of you here, it's pathetic. Why aren't any of YOU helping with the clean-up rather than bitching at someone on TSR? Grow up.

I understand what you're saying but not all of us are based in affected areas. If anyone needs to grow up, it's the OP.
Original post by Derfel
Got love the holier than thou art attitude of some of you here, it's pathetic. Why aren't any of YOU helping with the clean-up rather than bitching at someone on TSR? Grow up.

Try Amazon and Ebay, the postal service hasn't been disrupted too much unless you're slap bang in one of the affected areas.

jesus christ, this is like some kind of second level holier than thou attitude .
Reply 14
Your really pathetic you can get your clothes in a months time i dont think anyone will care what your wearing anyway.
Original post by LordJolliffe
Business destroyed
Hundreds injured
People homeless

I really pity you and your lack of new clothes

Whilst I agree there is such thing as prioritising, it's getting quite tedious on the forum whenever anyone asks anything and the response is simply 'You're ungrateful, such and such is worse off'

Example: 'I'm hungry' = 'YOU SELFISH ******* PEOPLE ARE STARVING'
Wait for the sales.
Original post by Derfel
Got to love the holier than thou art attitude of some of you here, it's pathetic. Why aren't any of YOU helping with the clean-up rather than bitching at someone on TSR? Grow up.

Why aren't YOU helping with the clean up rather than bitching at the bitches on TSR??

Those in glass houses.........
Reply 18
Steal them then. Apparenly, it's all the craze these days :colonhash:
Reply 19
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Why aren't YOU helping with the clean up rather than bitching at the bitches on TSR??

Those in glass houses.........

Because it has nothing to do with me and I have better things to do, I'm not attacking someone and using the argument "why aren't you doing anything" merely pointing out the hippo crazy of using said argument when you're busy bitching at the person on a forum. Glass houses comment doesn't apply.

jesus christ, this is like some kind of second level holier than thou attitude

Merely pointing out the holier than thou art attitude people are adopting in this thread, call it what you wish.

I understand what you're saying but not all of us are based in affected areas. If anyone needs to grow up, it's the OP.

Perhaps the OP isn't based in said areas, perhaps the OP wanted to take a train down into London? If the OP didn't cause the damage nor aid in the rioting, why should he/she be expected to help with the cleaning up? People on the internet/forum tend to adopt the holier than thou attitude and try to give off this vibe that they're a caring and wonderful person who helps their local community, when truthfully they're selfish like the majority of the world. It's disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending