Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dance and Trance Music Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJDJ)
    i have, they're not so good, and pretty much everyone into dance music would agree with me.
    Again, mate, that's a very arrogant opinion you have there. You have a habit of assuming everyone should or does agree with you.

As i said, anybody is entitled to say Scooter are bad after listening to all the material they have on offer but have many people really heard everything they have to offer? More often than not, people form opinions of Scooter without even knowing what they are talking about.

Anyway, like the victory james you are into your drum & bass and other underground genres - you are unlikely to appreciate Scooter.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i have the entire scooter backcat. from Vallée De Larmes to the Age of Love (including albums and remix singles). I had a few of there singles after that (we are the greatest, how much is the fish). They currently reside in my dusty attic, I was going to burn them last time I moved house but I couldnt bear to see my teenage effort wasted. My girlfriends used to laugh at me when i played scooter. Now I am ashamed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I also have a load of stuff from Blumchen (& Blossom), Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo, Dune, Masterboy and other 1990's popjizzm.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I feel embarressed even admitting this.

There is no excuse for a grown man to own such cds.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I will walk away with shame....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Im just reading the backthreads - how can people NOT know about Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez :eek: :eek: this is a dance music society???? :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    somebody please talk to me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boosh)
    Im just reading the backthreads - how can people NOT know about Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez :eek: :eek: this is a dance music society???? :confused:
    because they're crap
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have the entire scooter backcat. from Vallée De Larmes to the Age of Love (including albums and remix singles). I had a few of there singles after that (we are the greatest, how much is the fish). They currently reside in my dusty attic, I was going to burn them last time I moved house but I couldnt bear to see my teenage effort wasted. My girlfriends used to laugh at me when i played scooter. Now I am ashamed.
    Don't be ashamed, my friend. Between Vallée De Larmes and Age Of Love there are plenty of tracks that i don't feel ashmed to like. The likes of Awakening and Rhapsody In E are huge songs - the stuff of genius, IN MY OPINION!

(Original post by DJDJ)
    because they're crap
    The tone of your replies throughout this thread really is quite irritating. Are you actually capable of using phrases such as "in my opinion" or "for me personally"? Music, mate - it's about subjective opinion - get used to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil_D)
    The tone of your replies throughout this thread really is quite irritating. Are you actually capable of using phrases such as "in my opinion" or "for me personally"? Music, mate - it's about subjective opinion - get used to it.
    irrelevant whether i use those phrases or not; its pretty obvious that what im saying is my opinion :rolleyes:

and they are crap, simple music.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJDJ)
    and they are crap, simple music.
    Well, in my opinion, both Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez are pretty good. Robert Miles' Dreamland album being especially good.

And also i don't believe simple music is any less effective - in fact, with many tracks their genius is in their simplicity. Depends entirely on the merits of each individual song.

But then again, i don't find Robert Miles' music simple in the slightest. I think most of his tracks have a lot of depth in them and some of those piano melodies are sublime.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Roger shanchez gets full marks and in all fairness miles did do a lot of good stuff in his day. its a bit simple to assume people havent heard of sanchez and miles 'because they are crap' lol. Sanchez was good fun at cafe mambo last year in ibiza and some of this older mix cds are cracking. Not a bad producer too actually. Hes great fun at festivals, did a good set at global 04 on the beach and has rocked homelands enough times.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    a bit of scooter - posse http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF112346-01-01-20.mp3

or

Ltj Bukem - who knows? http://hardcorewillneverdie2.com/arc...3/whoknows.ram
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJDJ)
    a bit of scooter - posse http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF112346-01-01-20.mp3

or

Ltj Bukem - who knows? http://hardcorewillneverdie2.com/arc...3/whoknows.ram

I don't have Real Player (and have no intention of *****ing around downloading it) so can't hear the 2nd track.

And what is the point of posting these 2 tracks, might i ask? Ripped melody i don't know about? Just trying to say the 2nd is musically better than the 1st? Or both maybe?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    mooooooove youuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss sssss its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice. POSE! You keep the spirit aliiiiive, come on!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mooooooove youuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss sssss its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice. POSE! You keep the spirit aliiiiive, come on!
    Inspired words, my friend.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that scooter tune is well cheesy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJDJ)
    that scooter tune is well cheesy.
    Yes, agreed. But it's only 1 song. Just because Posse is cheesey doesn't make all their material cheesey. To say Scooter are cheesey is too much of a generalization.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Posse is a good tune
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I always cringed at 'break it up', a love ballad by hp baxter *cringes* - the videos are quality. pointless but crazy. Back in the UK - black and white flick with 100 girls daning in their pants around an old house. Let me be your valentine was great too - i think that was his real life wife he was trying to save in the video.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2014
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.