The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
DJDJ
you talk absoloute crap :rolleyes:

you've just contradicted yourself in that post, i didn't misunderstand you in the slightest. Effects are something the dj adds to the song, the melody is the song itself.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. My posts are entirely consistent. And a song is not just a melody - it's the totality of all it's elements.

(And correct me if i'm wrong but i thought you said it was the beats that make a song not the melody :rolleyes: )

DJDJ

can you put up any links to any trance songs that i can isten to? the more 'complex' the better :wink:

I might do later - i actually have more important things to do like revision at the moment.

However, what posting tracks here will achieve i don't know. It's clear from our exchanges that we see what makes a song "good" or "complex" entirely differently.

I'm being 100% honest here, mate - i can't access any of those soundfiles.WMP won't connect me so i'm unable to listen.
Christ does anyone stop arguing on this thread? I was expecting messages like 'did you go to hifi festival' or 'did you go to run in the sun' or 'im having a problem with the balance of my turntable arm' or 'what do you think to creamer and k's new cut' but nooooooooooooo. arguing about definitions of music and trying to categorise cheese.
Reply 902
The Boosh
Christ does anyone stop arguing on this thread? I was expecting messages like 'did you go to hifi festival' or 'did you go to run in the sun' or 'im having a problem with the balance of my turntable arm' or 'what do you think to creamer and k's new cut' but nooooooooooooo. arguing about definitions of music and trying to categorise cheese.

I take it you missed the massive "CD DJs/Hip-hop DJs" argument?:p:
lol no im afraid thats when i first started posting and i got into an argument about categorising music. Do you go out in bristol much then? Im in exeter and they have a big underground/alternative scene - loads of breaks, hiphop, deebee and house. I think the bristol and exeter have close links - blowpop is a bristol based thing right?
Reply 904
its just annoying talking about dance music to someone who listens to trance, house, techno, hardcore or any music made up with a 4x4 kick, their perception of dance music is completely different to someone who listens to a broken beats.

we'll stop the argument now, but i will say that the melody is the totality of all the elements within each song, including the beats :rolleyes:
Reply 905
DJDJ
its just annoying talking about dance music to someone who listens to trance, house, techno, hardcore or any music made up with a 4x4 kick, their perception of dance music is completely different to someone who listens to a broken beats.

I know, mate. That's the problem. It's not that either of us is wrong - it's just different interpretations, different understandings of what constitues a good track, different definitions of musical complexity.

DJDJ

we'll stop the argument now, but i will say that the melody is the totality of all the elements within each song, including the beats :rolleyes:

To me, melody isn't the entire song. It's just important part of it. To me, melody is the tune - the part complimented by the beats and bassline.
Reply 906
Just wondering if someone can help me... posting here since it seems the most obvious place..

Im desperately looking for a copy of Fatkid's 2004 version of "Be As One" (orginally Sasha), any ideas where I can get a copy? Ive found a 12" version on Juno and a few other sites but thats no good- I dont have anything to play it on and preferably need it on cd/mp3. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions!
Reply 907
adverse_reaction
Just wondering if someone can help me... posting here since it seems the most obvious place..

Im desperately looking for a copy of Fatkid's 2004 version of "Be As One" (orginally Sasha), any ideas where I can get a copy? Ive found a 12" version on Juno and a few other sites but thats no good- I dont have anything to play it on and preferably need it on cd/mp3. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions!

I've not actually heard this one before. But i'll have a route around around see if i can find a copy for you.:wink:

EDIT: Yeah, i've found a copy - will try and grab it for you as soon as i can and pass it on.
ooooooooooooooh fatkid that version is well chavy. stick to the original.

if you need a copy get soulseek - its bound to be on there, especially at weekends.
Can I join as well?:biggrin:
Erm...ok question...What is the best trance/techno/dance club in and around London everyone. I would have to say MOS but becus its one of the only clubs I;ve been too that plays this type of music all night. Also Fabric is alright? Anyone thoughts?
Woo...long time, not chat!! Welcome to the new members of the soc!

I've got a huuge request- can someone please find me a stream/ audio download of Livin' Joy- Don't Stop Movin?? If you do, PM me ASAP!! Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 912
Phil_D
I've not actually heard this one before. But i'll have a route around around see if i can find a copy for you.:wink:

EDIT: Yeah, i've found a copy - will try and grab it for you as soon as i can and pass it on.

Wow thanks you're a star! Had given up hope of ever being able to get hold of it!

I already have the original version but just wanted a copy of the Fatkid remix as well.
Reply 913
i've surprised myself.....................i've found a house tune that i like and that i've BOUGHT! amazing huh? i plan on mashing it up with some loverly speed garage.

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/sr?C=SLIP174&S=A

listen to the lyrics at the end, sums up why most (i have to use that words now because of this tune) house is complete ****.

3 single, and a fourth, triple kick create the melody and rhythm, with simple bass stabs, this echos late 80s, early (very early) 90s house (when it was good). spose nobody knows anything else like this? i dont like minimal house, and i dont like tech house, and i LOATH funky house (whats funky about it? this tune has more funk than an entire crate of supposed funky house).
Reply 914
adverse_reaction
Wow thanks you're a star! Had given up hope of ever being able to get hold of it!

I already have the original version but just wanted a copy of the Fatkid remix as well.

I did manage to get the version you're looking for but it's very poor quality - data errors all over it. I'll keep looking.

Let me know if you manage to find it yourself.
Got Ferry Corsten's new album

Some quality stuff, well worth a listen
Reply 916
Economist
Got Ferry Corsten's new album

Some quality stuff, well worth a listen

oo whats it called?:smile:
vin
oo whats it called?:smile:

L.E.F

Definitely worth getting
Reply 918
Economist
L.E.F

Definitely worth getting

lol another one on the list:biggrin:
Do you guys know shine on (Heiko & Maikos Gute Laune Remix) ???

amazing sound.

Quick Reply

Latest