The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Just thought I'd let you all know that we have a new leader by the name of Phil_D!! Neither I or Elements are around that much anymore so we need someone else to keep an eye on things and add new members and we reckon Phil is the guy for the job!! :biggrin:
Reply 1021
beach_surf_babe
Hi! Just thought I'd let you all know that we have a new leader by the name of Phil_D!! Neither I or Elements are around that much anymore so we need someone else to keep an eye on things and add new members and we reckon Phil is the guy for the job!! :biggrin:

Thank you. Like the sad bastard i am, i'm always around so i'll have no problems keeping an eye on things.
Reply 1022
Guys, you know what really annoys me about trance and dance music?
It's that if you hear a song, and don't know who it's done by, you've got no chance of finding out!:p:
Reply 1023
Guys, you know what really annoys me about trance and dance music?
It's that if you hear a song, and don't know who it's done by, you've got no chance of finding out!:p:

That can be a problem - especially if you hear a song in a club and you're a bit p*ssed up. You've got practically no chance.

I normally find that'll ignore the name and artist for ages, maybe even ignoring the song itself because not knowing who it's by is annoys me too much, and then all of a sudden i'll just happen to download a track and say, "oh, yeah, it's that song - so that's what it's called." But that's always a nice feeling though.
^^ lol yeah i know what you mean.

it's taken me a good couple of years to realise that *that* song was Lost Witness - Red Sun Rising :redface:
Reply 1025
Phil_D
That can be a problem - especially if you hear a song in a club and you're a bit p*ssed up. You've got practically no chance.

I normally find that'll ignore the name and artist for ages, maybe even ignoring the song itself because not knowing who it's by is annoys me too much, and then all of a sudden i'll just happen to download a track and say, "oh, yeah, it's that song - so that's what it's called." But that's always a nice feeling though.

Omg Phil_D there's a song which I don't know the name of which is really really pi***ng me off atm lol.
Although itwas bliss to 'rediscover' Darude- Sandstorm:biggrin:
Reply 1026
Really, really sorry for the double post guys...
How fo you dance to trance? lol, i always end up looking like a wally
Reply 1027
Omg Phil_D there's a song which I don't know the name of which is really really pi***ng me off atm lol.

Give us a bit of a description and maybe we can help you out.

mm, don't try too hard or do stuff thats cliched or obviously lame...an example would be that horrible small box, little box stuff :/

just do what you want, try moving your body in time to the beat
Really, really sorry for the double post guys...

Thats what I love about trance - theres no 'way' to dance to it, you just do whatever the hell you want. Whether its jumping to the beat or waving your hands around etc..

Just the only guideline I would give is dont dance to it like rnb... ie. you dont need to grind away :p: i dont think it works too well.

On another note - psytrance night at mass in brixton on fri! I think its called chichime or something... anyone going or been before and can tell me if its any good?

Reply 1030
nah, but i might go to global gathering.
DJDJ
nah, but i might go to global gathering.

Woo me toooo! But I'm only going on the sat for the day/night. Tickets wont sell out will they? :s
Reply 1032
mangomaz
Woo me toooo! But I'm only going on the sat for the day/night. Tickets wont sell out will they? :s

dunno, i might be goin sat. too, if you see a gurnin' nutter wonderin' about, say hi!
haha yeah, cos gurnin' nutters will really be few and far between won't they!
mangomaz

On another note - psytrance night at mass in brixton on fri! I think its called chichime or something... anyone going or been before and can tell me if its any good?

A friend went to that for her birthday.
But I didnt go as I had an offer to go see standup.
But I didnt go cos they guy is rubbish.
So I went to talk to The Jesus Army.
Im not even lying :/

What is this Global Gathering thing.
Phonicsdude
A friend went to that for her birthday.
But I didnt go as I had an offer to go see standup.
But I didnt go cos they guy is rubbish.
So I went to talk to The Jesus Army.
Im not even lying :/

What is this Global Gathering thing.

Global gathering - biggest dance music festival IN THE WORLD (some might say). Should be awesome, they got some pretty big names who I cant be bothered to list right now hehehe...

Btw djdj, I've heard rumours of sniffer dogs and xray machines at the entrance to global..... im so scared they'll find stuff on me or chuck me out waa!!!!!
Reply 1036
mangomaz
Global gathering - biggest dance music festival IN THE WORLD (some might say). Should be awesome, they got some pretty big names who I cant be bothered to list right now hehehe...

Definately not! It's possibly the biggest dance festival in the UK but definately not in the world. One of the ones in Holland is probably the world's biggest (i'd be very surprised if I was wrong about that) - either Trance Energy or Dance Valley. Love Parade in Berlin is pretty damn big aswell.
Reply 1037
mangomaz

Btw djdj, I've heard rumours of sniffer dogs and xray machines at the entrance to global..... im so scared they'll find stuff on me or chuck me out waa!!!!!

doubt it, i've seen sniffer dogs at loads of dnb raves and ive never been caught. stick'em in ya sock or underwear and you'll be fine.

dunno if im going now anyway, too much money, £62.50 including booking fee and i only wana go to the dnb arena, apparently cant leave london till 8, so 65 quid for a 10 hour rave................ aint worth it.

btw, says in ya profile you study at warrick, you doing amensia house in september?
Global sounds great! Very jealous of anyone who's gone to it :biggrin:
DJDJ
doubt it, i've seen sniffer dogs at loads of dnb raves and ive never been caught. stick'em in ya sock or underwear and you'll be fine.

dunno if im going now anyway, too much money, £62.50 including booking fee and i only wana go to the dnb arena, apparently cant leave london till 8, so 65 quid for a 10 hour rave................ aint worth it.

btw, says in ya profile you study at warrick, you doing amensia house in september?

Aaah I went and it was beautiful! Although very disappointed with the dnb tent- it was really quiet! Maybe you had to be at the front but I mean I was comfortably in the middle and could speak to my friend at normal volume quite easily what was that :confused: Fair enough if it was a crappy venue but for £62 you expect a half decent soundsystem!

The other tents were awesome though, was in polysexual most the night and it was sooo beautiful. Aaaah and so nice and hard! First like mainstream non dnb night I've done in ages since my psytrance world began and the trance in godskitchen just wasnt hard enough, I was like what is this lol. But aaah sooo good in poly. Lisa Lashes was blinding I wanted her to stay forever! And when it got super hard aaaaaaah wowwwwww!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest