The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
can i join, on the basis that i like happyhardcore? thanks.
I started off more into dance, but I moved more to Trance, like Ian van Dahl, PvD, Tiesto, etc, but still enjoy a bit of dance still.
Reply 142
chaoringmeister
I started off more into dance, but I moved more to Trance, like Ian van Dahl, PvD, Tiesto, etc, but still enjoy a bit of dance still.

Would you like to join the society then?
Reply 143
Is anyone else listening to the North American Hardcore Movement now?
Dupoynt
Is anyone else listening to the North American Hardcore Movement now?

never heard of it tbh, is it anywhere near as good as the current UK hardcore?
Reply 145
i like it, and there's very few 'chipmunk vocals' (correct me if i'm wrong) i'd say better than UK hardcore, imo.
Reply 146
chaoringmeister

There isnt one genre called 'dance', thats is a general term for trance,house,hardcore...whatever you want really. UK hardcore doesnt have chipmunk vocals anymore what do others think?
Reply 147
Higgy
There isnt one genre called 'dance', thats is a general term for trance,house,hardcore...whatever you want really.

Spot on

Higgy
UK hardcore doesnt have chipmunk vocals anymore what do others think?

It hasn't for a long long long time - if at all.
Yes, I would like to join the society.

Thanks
Reply 149
america doesn't really produce any happy hardcore, US hardcore is gabber.
Reply 150
Hi there fellow members! :hello: Did any of you listen to Dance Anthems today on radio 1 from 7pm to 9pm? What did you think of the songs played? Liked any of them? I only listened to a bit of the show but I loved the Ian Van Dahl song that they played and the song after it, around ten past 8 time. :biggrin: Am just going to find out the name of that song now! :p: Or have you listened to Dance Anthems in the past?
i have listened to it in the past but i'm afraid emmerdale was more important, as was corrie...so yeah i missed it.

but if we're gonna talk about radio shows...does anyone else listen to stu allan's hardcore nation on a thursday night 9-11, on puredance.co.uk (or sky digital?)
Reply 152
You rate Emmerdale and Coronation Street as more important and might I add, more fun, than listening to Dance Anthems!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Elements
You rate Emmerdale and Coronation Street as more important and might I add, more fun, than listening to Dance Anthems!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

well yeah! i mean god forbid if i'd missed Betty's birthday party in The Woolpack :eek:
Reply 154
anyone go to raves this weekend?
Dj Nastie

no, sadly not...i've not been out to a rave since last year. could have gone to 'totally lost it' at the phoenix in manc but i was skint.
Reply 156
well friday was my first one of the year and i needed it! saw high contrast, total science and logistics, was a sick night, got pretty messy too, goooooooooood vibes.
Reply 157
qwerty_st/n
well yeah! i mean god forbid if i'd missed Betty's birthday party in The Woolpack :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

--------------

Dj Nastie

I've never been to a rave before! I'm not old or wild enough! :p: :redface: What's it like then? :redface:
i have to say, the one thing i don't like about hardcore raves is that they're full of scallies and they're all off their faces on pills...see i'm not one to use chemical stimulation in order to enjoy a night out...and a fair few of these people are just total knobs but not all of them obviously. i dunno what dnb raves are like though, having never been :confused:

i mean would you believe it...some tosser tried to steal my glowstick :eek: he just walked away with it, and my lighter, and then he gave me back one that didn't belong to me and didn't work :frown:
mind i wasn't in the mood to go out that night so that's probably why i didn't enjoy it.
Reply 159
qwerty_st/n
i have to say, the one thing i don't like about hardcore raves is that they're full of scallies and they're all off their faces on pills...see i'm not one to use chemical stimulation in order to enjoy a night out...and a fair few of these people are just total knobs but not all of them obviously. i dunno what dnb raves are like though, having never been :confused:

i mean would you believe it...some tosser tried to steal my glowstick :eek: he just walked away with it, and my lighter, and then he gave me back one that didn't belong to me and didn't work :frown:
mind i wasn't in the mood to go out that night so that's probably why i didn't enjoy it.

What are scallies? :redface: I'd never do drugs. I can have fun without resulting to pills or alcohol. Stealing a glowstick! :eek: :eek: I wouldn't be happy either! Do you buy your glowsticks there then? How much do they cost approx.? :p: :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest