The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

:biggrin: Hiya everybody! This is the society for ppl that like dance and trance music and would like to talk about the music, singers/groups, clubs and performances they went to/recommend, the videos, charts, why they like this type of music; comparing it to other types of music if you like and how the music makes you feel. Techno and house can be mentioned to as they are sub-genres. :rolleyes: There's got to be other ppl apart from me that likes this stuff too :p: , right? :rolleyes:

Members list:

Me: Elements
Higgy
carla18
Miss Natalie
beach surf babe
Magician
Xanthe
mangomaz
.:fluff:.
goonerjack
gwerty sf/ n
Naino
vin
Phil_D
Economist
Phonicsdude
Dupoynt
Chaoryngmaster
kornkamper
Cortez
superstardj4eva
supacook2k
valdamas
jamiec1988
Zweig
Creative02
kim3
Bluebird93
SunnySunday

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Trance Music - a magical incantation, a journey which breaks free of all physical and spiritual bounds, diving deep into the midst of imagination where no laws apply. It is a means to a higher state of consciousness.

We should have a trance society and separate ones for other genres? :wink:
Reply 2
TheWolf
Trance Music - a magical incantation, a journey which breaks free of all physical and spiritual bounds, diving deep into the midst of imagination where no laws apply. It is a means to a higher state of consciousness.

We should have a trance society and separate ones for other genres? :wink:

I love the description! Lol, I prefer dance and trance music out of the genres I mentioned with a little bit of techno limited to Scooter :p: . Do you want to join then?
Reply 3
scooter isn't techno, its rubbish happy hardcore, and there isn't a genre called 'dance', house and techno are different to trance.
Reply 4
Scooter happy hardcore? Your having a laugh arent you, happy hardcore is about 200% better than that tripe called scooter. Proper happy hardcore is made by djs like darren styles, hixxy,dougal etc. But anyway yes i'd like to join this society lol
Reply 5
scooter is happy hardcore but its crap...................just like i said.

and technically speaking styles, hixxy etc. isn't hhc, it's freeform.
Can i join?
Reply 7
Id more say hixxy is trancecore to be honest, sharkey is more freeform,
i like dance...but i aint too good on genre's really......im into wrong music ..i.e shitmat, mully, ladyscraper, chevron, dj scotch egg.....listening to these guys has lead me onto getting into gabber type tunes, ive downloaded some doormouse and hellfish i like some of it......i like the obvious dance acts like squarepusher, aphex, venetian snares. i've recently been listening to a few pendulum tunes (although i find some of there songs a bit poo) ....i saw mamapi swift and pendulum this new years at voodoo..top stuff it was...so erm ye i would like to join this society simply to share and gain knowleadge about nights/acts......i've discovered my space is a really good way to find out about top acts....ive been cheaking out tunes by eraserhead, dj rupture and headphobe... great stuff! oh i could go on forever....
Reply 9
Miss Natalie
i like dance...but i aint too good on genre's really......im into wrong music ..i.e shitmat, mully, ladyscraper, chevron, dj scotch egg.....listening to these guys has lead me onto getting into gabber type tunes, ive downloaded some doormouse and hellfish i like some of it......i like the obvious dance acts like squarepusher, aphex, venetian snares. i've recently been listening to a few pendulum tunes (although i find some of there songs a bit poo) ....i saw mamapi swift and pendulum this new years at voodoo..top stuff it was...so erm ye i would like to join this society simply to share and gain knowleadge about nights/acts......i've discovered my space is a really good way to find out about top acts....ive been cheaking out tunes by eraserhead, dj rupture and headphobe... great stuff! oh i could go on forever....

You've been added. Wow, I've never heard of any of those ppl that you've mentioned! :eek: I'll have to check them out somewhere...have you or anyone else heard of and like music by Jurgen Vries, Milk Inc, Sylver, Lasgo, Ian Van Dahl, DJ Tiesto, Kelly Llorenna and Angel City, just to get started? :p:
hahha......welll i have heard a few tunes by dj tiesto....not a big fan from what ive heard.......but i am not familiar with any of the other people who you mentioned i will download some songs and see what there like.......there not psy trance acts are they?-----i kinda blah ergh argh...psy trance bores me to be honest...
haha...but i've been getting into drum and bass, gabber, some happy hardcore, mashcore, noise mooosic makes me smile (sometimes)......haha :redface:
maybe im joining the wrong society? ha
Reply 11
Miss Natalie
hahha......welll i have heard a few tunes by dj tiesto....not a big fan from what ive heard.......but i am not familiar with any of the other people who you mentioned i will download some songs and see what there like.......there not psy trance acts are they?-----i kinda blah ergh argh...psy trance bores me to be honest...
haha...but i've been getting into drum and bass, gabber, some happy hardcore, mashcore, noise mooosic makes me smile (sometimes)......haha :redface:
maybe im joining the wrong society? ha

I didn't like DJ Tiesto's alb Just Be when I first got it bcos it's not what I expected but I now love tracks 2,4,5,7,8,9 and 10. Sorry, will expand on the names of the tracks a few days later- after my bio exam to be precise! :p: No they're not psychedelic trance acts. :rolleyes: Milk Inc, Sylver, Lasgo and Ian Van Dahl are all Belgian dance acts though Ian Van Dahl is also classed as Dream trance. Kelly Llorenna and Angel City are dance and Jurgen Vries is just trance. I don't like all the dance tunes under the sun etc btw, obvious though. :rolleyes: But I can't believe that you don't like psychedelic trance! :eek: It's brilliant as is goa trance- do you not like this either then? :biggrin: I like some happy house, lol! :biggrin: All the other types of music you've mentioned I haven't heard about b4 apart from drum 'n' bass, which I don't like. Could you give me a brief description of them bcos I'm not an ultra genre genius? :redface:
Reply 12
gabber is ok and so s happy hardcore, though its a bit boroing, repititve nasty kick drum. Trance and house is the most boring form of dance music imo, i listen to DnB, grime and HHC.
Reply 13
Dj Nastie
gabber is ok and so s happy hardcore, though its a bit boroing, repititve nasty kick drum. Trance and house is the most boring form of dance music imo, i listen to DnB, grime and HHC.

Er no.
Reply 14
gabber is like 180-220 BPM, its mash head music, speedcore, noisecore (which is absoloute rubbish, sounds like you're in a metal works factory) is faster.

--------------

TheWolf
Er no.

er yes?
Are we allowed to mention other websites to go on and listen to music for free?
i am not a genre genius either hahaha...but i could name some acts that i think fit the genres if you like?----(if i get it wrong correct me)hahh
cause if i name some people you could download em..and hear what its like fo your self....
i have been to many a psy trance night and when ive been to glade festival i have bopped about to it and alot of people i kno are into it..hahha including my mum.....but hmmmm i dunnno the people are always friendly hippy types (which is nice) but id rather dance to a bit of drum and bass or mashcore to be honest.....

mashcore----shitmat (apparently he invented this genre)
drum and bass---mampi swift, pendulum, plug, squarepusher(some of his stuff anyways)
noise moosic--dj scotch egg

i think mashcore is named that beacuse his tunes are a mash of everything really and core as in GRRRRR..hahha oh i dont know.....we need some people to educate us dont we......come on boys and girsl...help..... :redface:
Reply 17
Dj Nastie
gabber is like 180-220 BPM, its mash head music, speedcore, noisecore (which is absoloute rubbish, sounds like you're in a metal works factory) is faster.

--------------

er yes?

nah
Reply 18
carla18
Are we allowed to mention other websites to go on and listen to music for free?

Yes please!I'd love to know of some for this type of music! :biggrin: That's if it's not against forum rules or anything... :redface:
Reply 19
i dont know anything about that type of hardcore, i only know DnB (liquid, jump up, hardstep, jungle) and HHC (freeform, trancecore)

--------------

TheWolf
nah

house is boring, 130 bpm, surrounded by pretty boys wearing scarves who are scared of dancing incase they break into a sweat.

Quick Reply

Latest