Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Islamic Sharia Council makes clear that its ultimate goal is to have their sharia law

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superdamn)
    i belive they are as muhammed instructs it and the quran instructs feet and hands to be cut off for theft - i know sooo peacefull , all muslims follow muhammed , he is the perfect example - so they must be lying as muahmmed supported sharia law
    I think you quoted the wrong guy... Seeing as have said nothing on Muhammad.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9&postcount=96

The threats listed there, to name but a few.
    Your points relate to Islam, not Sharia Law.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Your points relate to Islam, not Sharia Law.
    As did my original comment.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shariah law will be only applied on Muslims, non- Muslims are not involved.

For the taqiyya, can you shut up? No Sunni Muslims follow this rude thing, only Shia whom are not considered Muslims. But your small minds can't understand this.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CIE password)
    Shariah law will be only applied on Muslims, non- Muslims are not involved.

For the taqiyya, can you shut up? No Sunni Muslims follow this rude thing, only Shia whom are not considered Muslims. But your small minds can't understand this.
    do shia worship allah , the muslim god ? i think you will find the answer is yes - therefore muslim
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, prehaps you should take your debate to this website , I'm sure you will find more like minded people there.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    As did my original comment.
    Let me get this straight: both Sharia Law and Islam are threats to the UK?

Let me ask you this: how revered are you in both the BNP and EDL?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I'm only reacting to what I see going on. Read the article, and you'll discover that in Islam, a man can divorce his wife just by saying one word, but a woman has to go through a legal system to divorce her husband. Not exactly Western, is it? I understand exactly why Muslims have their beliefs: it says it in the Koran! That's why they get their beliefs. And their beliefs are that women should be stoned for having sex. A recent poll showed that a third of Muslims in British universities back killing in the name of Islam. These are supposed to be young, modern, forward thinking Muslims, but yet a third of them support killing in the name of religion?

Yeah, because nothing about this is worrying at all...
    Instead of reacting like an animal, try thinking like a human. There are reasons for everything. Such as your reason for having such silly views may be derived from your inability to think independently which you have just stated. Again you have showed ignorance on this topic by stating such primitive arguments. There are whole books regarding marriage in islam. Your just summing it up in 2 sentences which is stupid. So what if the man can say he wants divorce but the woman has to go through legal process? The woman gets to keep all of her property and the man still has to support her financially. I don't see you making a fuss about that. There's are other source's knowledge for muslims other than the quran.
    Also what do you mean not exactly western?
    Please link to the polls. Muslims beliefs are not that women should be stoned for having sex. You just keep saying one misinformed thing after another.

Go worry about the riots or something. Something that exits...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbadon27)
    I'm not a Muslim. Allah did not instruct lying, but Muslims are allowed to lie if they're lives are at risk, which is the same universally in most religions.
    Dont say Muslims as if its all of them. Taqiyya is a practice emphasized in Shi'a Islam only.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do shia worship allah , the muslim god ? i think you will find the answer is yes - therefore muslim
    So do ahmadyiah but there not considered muslims by the majority of muslim countries. Your logic is not consistent.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Dont say Muslims as if its all of them. Taqiyya is a practice emphasized in Shi'a Islam only.
    I went on to that later in a later post. Same it was wasted on the OP.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I'm sorry, but do you have any evidence whatsoever that he's unemployed?
    So you are proud of him then :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbadon27)
    OP, prehaps you should take your debate to this website , I'm sure you will find more like minded people there.
    again muslims resorting to abuse ......like not the first time and not the last ..
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bill-e)
    Instead of reacting like an animal, try thinking like a human. There are reasons for everything. Such as your reason for having such silly views may be derived from your inability to think independently which you have just stated. Again you have showed ignorance on this topic by stating such primitive arguments. There are whole books regarding marriage in islam. Your just summing it up in 2 sentences which is stupid. So what if the man can say he wants divorce but the woman has to go through legal process? The woman gets to keep all of her property and the man still has to support her financially. I don't see you making a fuss about that. There's are other source's knowledge for muslims other than the quran.
    Also what do you mean not exactly western?
    Please link to the polls. Muslims beliefs are not that women should be stoned for having sex. You just keep saying one misinformed thing after another.

Go worry about the riots or something. Something that exits...
    If Muslims don't believe that women should be stoned for having sex, then why do Muslims keep calling for such laws in the UK?
    And the simple fact is that it's incredibly unfair that a man can divorce a woman by saying a word, whilst a woman has to go through a legal process. I don't need to read whole books to see that.
    Islam also promotes a man's right to hit his wife. The Liberals always bring up that video of the guy saying that he's not allowed to hit her to hurt her, but instead to shame her. That's right on the Liberal fringe of Islamic beliefs, but it's still fundamentally wrong - husband and wife are equal in Western society, the man should have no right to shame his wife.

As for the poll, it can be found here
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    again muslims resorting to abuse ......like not the first time and not the last ..
    For the second time, I'm not a Muslim. I've tried having a rational debate, but you are just unwilling to listen.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you are proud of him then :rolleyes:
    No. Of course not. He's a verbally incontinent moron. But it's not fair to stereotype him as unemployed. After all, everyone keeps saying we can't generalise Muslims. This should mean that we can't generalise the EDL.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No. Of course not. He's a verbally incontinent moron. But it's not fair to stereotype him as unemployed. After all, everyone keeps saying we can't generalise Muslims. This should mean that we can't generalise the EDL.
    Can you tell me a a bit about your beliefs if you dont mind? I see you have a pat condell picture, are you a fan of him?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohsanrabbani)
    a quote from the archbishop of canterbury:

"Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7232661.stm
    Why would I be interested in what a member of another Abrahamic religion has to say on the matter? The law should be entirely secular of any religious persuasion.

Now please, I am asking your opinion. What aspects of Sharia Law could benefit British society. Please don't quote some other religious leader to seem less biased.
    • 25 followers

(Original post by Alpharius)
    Tell those that want it to move to Saudi Arabia.
    Exactly what I've been thinking.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me a a bit about your beliefs if you dont mind? I see you have a pat condell picture, are you a fan of him?
    I am a fan of Pat Condell. I fundamentally oppose multiculturalism, at least without some kind of proper mandate for its enforcement, i.e. a referendum. I despise the loony left who have coined terms such as 'Islamophobia', which now means anyone who dares to criticise Islam. I fail to see why we should accommodate religions with such a barbaric basis, who cause nothing but trouble in our country.
Updated: August 11, 2011
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Share your study tips

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.