The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by franynli

would it be too risky if i put UEA medicine and pharmacy as the 5th choice, esp that pharmacy is ranked 2nd?

I did that :smile: Just had my med PS and I got offers for both. Although that was when Pharmacy offers were ABB-BBB rather than whatever they are now :dontknow:
Reply 221
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I did that :smile: Just had my med PS and I got offers for both. Although that was when Pharmacy offers were ABB-BBB rather than whatever they are now :dontknow:

do they allow for a separate ps?

do they allow for a separate ps?

I have no idea. They didn't ask for a separate PS, I didn't ask them if they wanted a separate one. And the PS that was sent to them was 100% medicine :smile:
Reply 223
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I have no idea. They didn't ask for a separate PS, I didn't ask them if they wanted a separate one. And the PS that was sent to them was 100% medicine :smile:

i see okay thanks :smile:
Reply 224
Got my acknowledgement- thank goodness.
Applying with 3A*. 4A. 2B. C (GCSEs), ABB (A levels), 2.1 degree in Biological and Medicinal Chemistry BSc Hons and currently doing a MSc by Research...
Original post by Dwightman2

Original post by Dwightman2
Applying with 3A*. 4A. 2B. C (GCSEs), ABB (A levels), 2.1 degree in Biological and Medicinal Chemistry BSc Hons and currently doing a MSc by Research...

I'm 99% sure you have to have completed your masters degree before applying.

From the website......

"A completed Masters degree together with evidence of a significant knowledge of biological science at A2 level."
Reply 227
They have a 2.1... so they meet the entry requirements.
Reply 228
Original post by Oggz
They have a 2.1... so they meet the entry requirements.

Yes but they're now doing a masters degree. If that's been stated on the application then it would most likely be considered should an offer be made. The entry criteria for those doing masters is that it must be completed before applying.
Reply 229
Oh I see. Strange.
Got the Med school acknowledgement today - it was in the junk folder. How helpful of hotmail.
Wow, I thought all med school acknowledgements would have been sent off by now. :smile:
Reply 232
anyone received an email about fee status? Im a home student so dont know what they are on about... :s-smilie:
Reply 233
Original post by b-beauty
anyone received an email about fee status? Im a home student so dont know what they are on about... :s-smilie:

No. iirc you're a graduate.. so maybe it is do with that?
I have a question, in the acknowledgement it says we won't hear until mid-December but looking at last year's thread interviews were given out in November... do you think the same will happen this year??

I just can't wait!
Reply 235
Original post by Oggz
No. iirc you're a graduate.. so maybe it is do with that?

They said its in line with current legislation so maybe its to do with the tuition fee rise.
Reply 236
When will the people who get rejections without interviews know about their rejection? Will that be in mid december too?.
Reply 237
I think it is when the UKCAT results go out on Nov 4th
Reply 238
Anybody know if the interviewers read any personal statements before conducting each interview?
Reply 239
:zomg: On a side note : the UEA website has changed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending