The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athelian
Same here. Does anyone know what this means in terms of where I am on their list? Is this a reserve list for when other candidates reject their offers? And if so what proportion of people get put on this list?

I'm afraid, i dont think any of us really know whats going on..
Original post by shanniejane
I'm afraid, i dont think any of us really know whats going on..

Got the letter too, no idea, It talks about 'intense competition' so I guess we must be sort of borderline but who knows. At least now I can stop checking track every hour now haha
Reply 1642
Are there still a lot of people who havn't heard anything?
I had my interview in December and have not had any contact since then! Still hoping!

Today's the day!
Good luck to you all!
Reply 1643
Original post by priya90
Well Done Gago99! Fellow int'l student! haha!
My offer came through today too! Around about the same time as yours...*Snap!*
I cried my eyes out....but I'm glad the wait is over now.:biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations!!! Hopefully see u in September :smile:!
Has anyone who emailed UEA confirming their attendance for Saturday had a confirmation email back at all??:confused:
Reply 1645
Original post by platty1907
Has anyone who emailed UEA confirming their attendance for Saturday had a confirmation email back at all??:confused:

Only an automated one saying how busy they are. Don't worry, I'm sure they've taken it on board. :smile:

On another note:

Officially firmed UEA! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1646
Original post by platty1907

I don't know if they're sending out confirmation emails, but fear not there is an ever growing list of people who are attending on someone's computer. Don't worry, even if you're name isn't on the list we won't turn you away!
I forgot to put that I'm vegetarian in the email...ah well, I'm sure they weren't planning on force-feeding me a steak so not to worry!
I hope you all have an awesome time at the Open Day!!! Take some pictures and share them :biggrin:
Reply 1649
Original post by shanniejane
im doing my very best :biggrin:

but don't you think this system of leaving us all hanging until the very end is a bit unfair? i have had to wait 8 weeks, and if i'm rejected i just wish they could of told me a lot earlier.. give me the time to process the information and and make adjustments for plan B. the worst part is the nervousness and anxiety! I have been agonising over this for ages! :P i just want an answer, but hopefully a real good one :wink:

hey have u heard bk yet?
Original post by sag_2u07
hey have u heard bk yet?

nope not at all, obviously apart from that letter saying they cant decide..
Hi everyone,

Just jumping in (practically) at the end of the journey - I just got back from the post-offer open day and realised there were a bunch of questions I didn't ask :erm: If anyone wants to be lovely and help out...?

- How do we get sorted into PBL groups - is it random/alphabetical? Also do you have a new PBL each year or each semester (I think someone said year...)?

- Might we be in the PBL groups we were in today (A-I, assuming the people you were with got a place in Sept)?

- I'm still confused after asking a number of medics about the whole PBL/Integrated thing. I can see the course is predominantly PBL but apparently you get an average of 25hrs contact time - which is in line with integrated, no? So which is it and why are these two pesky terms...pesky? :confused:

Thank you!
Original post by Roseurbane
Hi everyone,

Just jumping in (practically) at the end of the journey - I just got back from the post-offer open day and realised there were a bunch of questions I didn't ask :erm: If anyone wants to be lovely and help out...?

- How do we get sorted into PBL groups - is it random/alphabetical? Also do you have a new PBL each year or each semester (I think someone said year...)?

- Might we be in the PBL groups we were in today (A-I, assuming the people you were with got a place in Sept)?

- I'm still confused after asking a number of medics about the whole PBL/Integrated thing. I can see the course is predominantly PBL but apparently you get an average of 25hrs contact time - which is in line with integrated, no? So which is it and why are these two pesky terms...pesky? :confused:

Thank you!

New PBL groups every year, I think I remember someone saying it was random as well but can't guarantee if I just made that up

The groups we were in today was random.

Sorry can't answer the rest.
Reply 1653
Original post by Roseurbane
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

I went today too, now only just remembering everything I wanted to ask but forgot to! :rofl:

1- I think the PBL group sorting is random, and it changes every year.
2- I don't think we'll be in the groups we were in today, as more offers are made than places so not all of those people will firm UEA, furthermore, not everyone made it to the open day.
3- Integrated - so you learn clinical skills at the same time as theory, but the teaching style is mainly PBL - like we did in those rooms today.

I hope that helps a bit...

Really looking forward to it now! :biggrin:
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

I'm not sure how many people showed up today but I think parents made up the majority, would have been nice to get a chance to meet everyone :smile:

Yay integrated! Roll on Sept!
Did they mention anything at the open day about what most postgrads when sorting out their accommodation?
Reply 1656
Hi everyone,
sorry to cut into the conversation about the open day, hope you all had a good day i was very jealous of you all.

Just wondering about the people like me that had a letter saying they're still considering my application. I dont understand what's going on/when we'll hear? Wondering whether anyone in the same situation has had an progress yet.

Thanks
Original post by alice24
Hi everyone,
sorry to cut into the conversation about the open day, hope you all had a good day i was very jealous of you all.

Just wondering about the people like me that had a letter saying they're still considering my application. I dont understand what's going on/when we'll hear? Wondering whether anyone in the same situation has had an progress yet.

Thanks

Nothing yet
Reply 1658
What did everyone think of the accomadation?
Original post by 5cantej
What did everyone think of the accomadation?

Premium En-suite was really nice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending