UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
A*A*A - I'm in! I guess I'll be seeing you all in September :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1821
Original post by ayajul
Erm wasn't your offer 3 A's? :s-smilie:

No I didn't get an offer, initially i was rejected. But because I was a 'strong applicant' they put me on a waiting list for results day in case places become available due to people either not choosing uea, dropping out or not getting the grades. Slim chances but I have my fingers crossed :P
Original post by omnomnom1234
Hey I'm a resit, got AAAA, but needed A*AA, one UMS off the A* in Biology. ANyone reckon I have a chance based on UEA's history on giving out offers to people who don't quite meet the grades.

Might be worth getting a remark on that one.
Original post by UEAMedic
I can appreciate that this is frustrating for you but calling them again will not speed up their decision. In fact, the more people call the slower they're going to be in getting things processed!

The admissions office will get in contact with you when the medical school have made their decisions. I know you've all been patient up until now, but hold on for a bit longer please!

Yes I know, I'll wait and let them contact me.

Do you know in what order they'll be going through the applications by any chance? Like when they were interviewing, 5 years were invited and done first, and foundation students after?
Reply 1824
Original post by ayajul
I'm in :tongue: there a facebook group yet for uea medstudents 2012?

Congratulations, me too! :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/315429885181190/

Good luck to anyone who's still waiting for a decision, fingers crossed for you all.
Reply 1825
Does anyone know when the medicine freshers week starts?

Original post by domzy_7
Does anyone know when the medicine freshers week starts?

Should be the week before the normal one so the 17th sept.
I'm confused, does our cousre start before we are assign accomidation? beacsue the date on the website and on Track suggest so. I think?
Reply 1828
Original post by DOCTOR_FALCON
I'm confused, does our cousre start before we are assign accomidation? beacsue the date on the website and on Track suggest so. I think?

The weekend you move in is the start of the Medics freshers week. 15th/16th I believe. Semester starts on the 17th.
Original post by shanniejane
im in :biggrin: A* 2A's and a B, so glad, see everyone else who makes it very soon!
good luck!

Yaaaay you got in, congratulations! SO DID I!

SO EXCITED.
Are many of you on the offer holder facebook page? I just requested to join it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DOCTOR_FALCON

Hello. When I called the accomodation office they told me we can move in from the 14th September. Enrolment starts on the 17th. I think the dates on the website are for the rest of the courses.
Oh thanks, that clear things up

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Guys, a quick question:

Did they ask for an A in biology specifically when you got offers? :smile:
Original post by handsome7654
Guys, a quick question:

Did they ask for an A in biology specifically when you got offers? :smile:

Yup :smile:
Original post by puddleduck
Yup :smile:

Aw crap! Thanks.
I can see ur waiting to hear from them, good luck btw! Hope you get in! :biggrin:
Original post by handsome7654
Aw crap! Thanks.
I can see ur waiting to hear from them, good luck btw! Hope you get in! :biggrin:

Thanks! Are you in this funny "On hold, we're having a meeting on Monday to decide your fate" group too? I just hope we all get in 'cause it's a scary position to be in as we can't do clearing! :redface:
Reply 1836
Hi there!
Wondering if anyone knows of any recommended book lists for year one?
xx
Original post by salad_fingers
Yaaaay you got in, congratulations! SO DID I!

SO EXCITED.
Are many of you on the offer holder facebook page? I just requested to join it.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ^^
Original post by franynli
Hi there!
Wondering if anyone knows of any recommended book lists for year one?
xx

Not a clue, my sister bought me a massive illustrated medical dictionary as a present though haha :')

I have a feeling the books are going to be just a bit expensive...
Reply 1839
Original post by MaragonLy
Hello. When I called the accomodation office they told me we can move in from the 14th September. Enrolment starts on the 17th. I think the dates on the website are for the rest of the courses.

So is freshers from the 14th of Sept? :/ i'm still a bit confused...I'll probably be the only retard to get in...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending