The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Baines_22
The advanced registration thing should be sent via email not in the post, and I still haven't received it.
The one in the post is from the student union and basically says some things happening during freshers.

Yea I knew it was meant to come in the email just saw someone mentionig about it as well for the welcome packs as I have no idea what's in them. Thanks though :smile:
Reply 1881
Original post by jelly1000
A small welcome pack with a couple of flyers were sent out to all home students (not EU/International as its too costly to post abroad). All the information in it can be found online- it included an NUS extra leaflet- these can be ordered online should you wish to buy one. A leaflet outlining what the union has done for students. And a listing of whats on in the main freshers week- including the freshers fair, society fair and sports fair and the nightime events- although this is the week after your freshers week you are welcome to attend any events - I met a medic at one of them last year.

And that might explain why a couple of the ones we sent out had something 'school' as the address.

Oh I see thanks for the info! :smile:
Reply 1882
Original post by H.R
I really want an offer from UEA! Insha'Allah I can get it. I wish you all the best people.

did u get in to med school at the end bro??
Reply 1883
Original post by EternalDoom
Hello everyone,

I'm going to be applying to UEA for 2013 entry.

I'm struggling to find on UEA's website about how their selection procedures work, could anyone please tell me how they shortlist candidates for interview?

Thanks

Your application as a whole gets considered before interviews. Therefore GCSE grades, AS grades, UKCAT result and quality of personal statement. I'm going to be entering this year as one of the 6 year medics but it's the same procedure :smile:
Reply 1884
Has anyone recieved an email about the advanced registration stuff. I've had an email about the registration event which we go to on Monday 17 sep but nothing about advanced registration.
Reply 1885
Original post by nazza_17
Has anyone recieved an email about the advanced registration stuff. I've had an email about the registration event which we go to on Monday 17 sep but nothing about advanced registration.

Yeah me too. I emailed and they are now saying they are behind and are sending out the advanced reg emails until September 6th (:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1886
Ok. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Such a nervous wait. I don't want to miss anything.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by salad_fingers
Sad face. Coleman was too expensive for me :'(

well it was my third choice! i'm not sure why it was given to me! but my maintenance covers it so i'm thankful for that although my food budget will be closely monitored!
Original post by shanniejane
well it was my third choice! i'm not sure why it was given to me! but my maintenance covers it so i'm thankful for that although my food budget will be closely monitored!

probally because your first two were full- if either one of those two was the village then it was very very popular this year.
Original post by jelly1000
probally because your first two were full- if either one of those two was the village then it was very very popular this year.

they were both the cheaper campus ones.. can't say I mind though really having to have a nice room :wink:
Original post by nazza_17
Ok. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Such a nervous wait. I don't want to miss anything.

Hi. Also remember to check your junk mail. My registration task ended up there. :smile:
For anyone without facebook this is the UEA medsoc freshers guide
http://www.scribd.com/doc/104537346/UEA-Medsoc-Fresher-s-Guide-2012
Original post by Baines_22
For anyone without facebook this is the UEA medsoc freshers guide
http://www.scribd.com/doc/104537346/UEA-Medsoc-Fresher-s-Guide-2012

:smile: thank you !!!
Reply 1893
Could anybody tell me how UEA are using the UKCAT for 2013 entry? Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 1894
I haven't received the email which talks about registration on the 14/17th and the surname ordering :s-smilie:
Hello guys. Can we now pay for our MedSoC memberships and buy the freshers ticket? If so, where can we do this? :tongue:
Reply 1896
Original post by Sabali
I haven't received the email which talks about registration on the 14/17th and the surname ordering :s-smilie:

I havent got it either but is this what you're talking about?
I found it on the portal!

Registration Timetable
Please attend registration at your allocated slot on Monday 17th September.
You will need to go to the first floor of the Med Building room 1.02.
If you have any queries please contact Dale Larwood [email protected]
Surname A-D: 09:00-09.30

Surname E-L: 09.30-10.30

Surname L-S: 10.30-11.00

Surname T-Z: 11.00-12.00
Reply 1897
Original post by MaragonLy
Hello guys. Can we now pay for our MedSoC memberships and buy the freshers ticket? If so, where can we do this? :tongue:

I copied this from the UEA Medicine 2012 Facebook page!
This is for MedSoC membership!
http://www.ueastudent.com/socweb2/details/24

You will need to sign up as a ‘socweb member’ and purchase your ‘medsoc membership’. They may ask you for your student number; just leave this blank for now until you receive your campus card. The site may automatically add ‘SA membership’ or ‘sports membership’ to your basket. This is the insurance you need to join most of the university societies/sports. Although you may end up getting it, you do not need it for medsoc so just remove it from your basket. You can always decide to get it at a later date. Once you are a medsoc member you can purchase your freshers supersaver ticket and merchandise. Any problems just get in touch ([email protected]).

And I think this is for the Fresher's Tickets:
http://www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/events/default.aspx
Reply 1898
Original post by MaragonLy

btw use 0000000 for student id
just to clarify, we have not yet received the "advanced registration task" only that not advanced one? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending