The Student Room Group

Police cant win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14482695

Police beating suspected rioters.

So on one hand they are being critised for being too reserved and hanging back when they do go out and do something about it the media organisations jump down their neck. Yes the images are not pleasant, but neither is seeing parts of London looking like a war zone. I feel sorry for the Boys in Blue who have to deal with it. dammed if you do, dammed if you dont. I really doubt the people in the video were taking a quiet evening bike ride through Manchester while there were riots going on all around them. Of course they were involved, and therefore deserve everything they get.
Reply 1
No one cares except overconcerned drippy hippies.
Reply 2
There will be no sympathy for those people anyway. All the rioters have done is give the police a chance to beat the **** out of them without a massive public backlash since the majority of us support the police in the riots anyway.
Reply 3
Nobody in the poor community respects the police anyway.
Reply 4
If you are in the streets a riot then you should expect this tbh
Reply 5
This is what should be happening tbh.
Reply 6
For the amount of **** the police have taken over the last 4 days, you can't not expect them to want to blow of steam. And if it was a rioter then good, least they pawned him good, if not then really you have the ask why go out when there's rioting about? I mean, unless you have a very good reason, like an emergency, I wouldn't have gone outside.
Reply 7
I don't feel sympathy for the rioters.

You go out and cause mayhem, you should expect some retaliation from the police.

Don't want to get hit? Don't go out.
Reply 8
Good on him/her... Didn't the lad on the bike just walk away? Can't have been that bad. I'd of at least made sure he couldn't walk away
good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending