The Student Room Group

Resitting Higher Maths?

I failed both the prelim and actual exam for Higher Maths but got a credit pass in it last year. I want to resit it this year as I honestly believe that I could get a B if I actually put effort into it. I've spoken to my guidance teacher and she is reluctant to let me sit Higher maths again and feels that I would be better placed in Int 2. I've told her that I'd rather do Higher Maths because I feel that I can build on what I've learnt and pass it this year. She was still uncertain and told me that it would be discussed in more detail when I go back to school next week. Would anyone else agree with her that I should do Int2 Maths or would others think that I should do the higher course.
Original post by Darrenh800
I failed both the prelim and actual exam for Higher Maths but got a credit pass in it last year. I want to resit it this year as I honestly believe that I could get a B if I actually put effort into it. I've spoken to my guidance teacher and she is reluctant to let me sit Higher maths again and feels that I would be better placed in Int 2. I've told her that I'd rather do Higher Maths because I feel that I can build on what I've learnt and pass it this year. She was still uncertain and told me that it would be discussed in more detail when I go back to school next week. Would anyone else agree with her that I should do Int2 Maths or would others think that I should do the higher course.

I'm not going to offer any advice because I feel that anything TSR could tell you about YOU would be b*llocks and your teachers and yourself will know far better than any of us will. But instead I'll provide an anecdote.

My friend who was in the year above me got a D in his prelim and then a D in his exam. He resat Higher but our teacher made him follow the condition that he had to pass every homework and every NAB to be allowed to stay in the class. He got straight A's all year round in the subject and then an A in the exam. It's definitely possible!
Reply 2
I think u should b doing higher if u got a credit pass what would b the point in doing int 2 when its obvious u have capability . If u r doing highet again u need to put the work in if u do trust me u will get that B or even an A
Reply 3
Not much point in doing Int 2 if you've already went through the Higher course. If you put the work into it (which it seems you will), then you'll find it much easier second time round. I'd go for it :smile:
It's worth another bash, just make sure you put the effort in this time!
It's a lot of work, but higher maths is a great qualification to have, I'd say you should go for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending