The Student Room Group

Work Experience..

:smile:I'm hoping to study either Psychology or Neuroscience at University starting in September 2012, and i'm just wondering what would be good work experience to put on my personal statement? All i've done so far is volunteer in a carehome. I've contacted so many psychologists in my area and they all said the same thing: confidentiality doesn't allow me to gain work experience with them. I've applied to work in a Neurology department in a hospital, yet i've been waiting for a reply for a few months, and i'm edging more towards Psychology at Uni anyway. I've been researching quite a bit into the subject, but is working in a carehome enough?
You don't need work experience for most degrees, including psychology. Admissions tutors will realise it's difficult, for the reasons you've described. Focus on the reading stuff instead :smile:
Why don't you try and get some work experience with the Police? It could be relevant :smile:
Reply 3
Don't worry too much about it, I got 5 offers and I have no work experience, other than working in a primary school, so you should be fine! :smile:
Although you can't get work experience, most psychologists are happy to talk to you about their job if you email them...
Reply 5
yeah i've e-mailed a few psychologists and just doing the research, so okay thank yoou :smile:
Reply 6
Anything with children/people is fine.

I volunteered with the scouting association and RDA myself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest