The Student Room Group

Britains youth called the 'Most violent and unpleasant in the world'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Aren't you the person who was a known rioter? A few people said someone with your username was part of the riotings and lootings. Disgusting.

No I ****ing wasn't. Who the hell ever said that?
Original post by im so academic

He/she was just baiting you(probably making it up), don't rise to it.

As for the main question, I have to agree; the youth of this country are a disgrace compared with much of Europe.
Reply 22
I feel honoured. What a prestigious accolade.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024486/UK-RIOTS-2011-British-youths-unpleasant-violent-world.html

Sad that you'd maybe be inclined to agree after the past few days.... it's a shame. Oh hope none of this has put off people coming for the olympics next year though! It's not all of our youths

Let's be clear it is not British rather English. The Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish have proved time and time again to be civilized. There is something fundamentally wrong with the English youths. It is true, youths in England are deeply vile, unpleasent and violent. One only has to look on here, on tsr to see such things.

The rioting started and ended in England. The rioting occured in England and England only. It sums up what is wrong with England and it's youth population.
(edited 12 years ago)
What?! Whoever thought of this is stupider than any violent youth.
Original post by U.S Lecce
Hahaha lol daily mail strikes again!

****ing idiots!

Even though it is not the Daily Mail saying it, they are actually specifically quoting another person, Dr Anthony Daniels? How does simply reporting the informed opinion of a renowned doctor-writer reflect badly on a newspaper?

I don't agree with the statement 'the most unpleasant in the world', but probably some of the most unpleasant in the developed world. These riots are testament to that fact.
(edited 12 years ago)
If anyone calls me violent and unpleasent, I'll ****ing nut them.
Reply 27
Good. I don't blame people thinking that British youth are scum. In many circumstances, it is true.

First time I agree with you.
Reply 28
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
If anyone calls me violent and unpleasent, I'll ****ing nut them.

You're not a youth, so it doesn't apply to you.
Reply 29
Original post by lukejoshjedi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024486/UK-RIOTS-2011-British-youths-unpleasant-violent-world.html

Sad that you'd maybe be inclined to agree after the past few days.... it's a shame. Oh hope none of this has put off people coming for the olympics next year though! It's not all of our youths

what film is that, in your sig?

To be honest that paper is taking a very biased point of view, the youths that were robbing the shops, majority of whom properly aren't what a typical British youth is.
Original post by merck
You're not a youth, so it doesn't apply to you.

:frown:
Reply 31
I think that's nonsense.
Looking at the youth of our country and then looking at the youths in other countries that have more poverty and corruption and crime, I think that's silly
Reply 32
I think that the rest of the world thinks that we are all posh,so I that's why everyone is so shocked at the riots.
Reply 33
Original post by Tommyjw
**** off.

This incident may be bad, but that's only because we are comparing it to our 'modern society' with our systems etc.

I guarantee you will see much worse in other countries but i'm on my phone so can't specifically be assed to go around sites atm. But they won't 'look as bad' because the country will be used to it/used to much worse and things such as that.

Can u imagine been mocked by nations that nearly everyone in their countries have guns *cough* America.
Reply 34
So, going by these completely incidental generalisations, I'm now technically perceived as being more hardcore and violent than gun-running drug mule teenagers in South America, war children in certain parts of Africa, and gang members in all parts of North America, all because a bunch of yobs threw some bricks, started a few fires, and stole some iPhones? Interesting.
Reply 35
Original post by Mr. Gutsy
So, going by these completely incidental generalisations, I'm now technically perceived as being more hardcore and violent than gun-running drug mule teenagers in South America, war children in certain parts of Africa, and gang members in all parts of North America, all because a bunch of yobs threw some bricks, started a few fires, and stole some iPhones? Interesting.

Exactly, it isn't sensible to start comparing youths around the world. We need a sense of perspective here. I think the standard here is pretty low, but to say we're the most violent in the world is just silly.

Loads of people did :rolleyes: Can't believe you are denying it. There was even a pic posted of you with some looted item i think!!
Reply 37
Loads of people did :rolleyes: Can't believe you are denying it. There was even a pic posted of you with some looted item i think!!

I'm so academic was the only looter to loot Waterstones.

Let me see then. :rolleyes:
Let me see then. :rolleyes:

I'm not trudging back through 500 pages to find a photo blud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending