The Student Room Group

Things you hate in the gym?

Ok so i apologise for the minor rant i am about to go on but over the last three days some things have really been getting to me. I am interested in what you guys hate in the gym, what people do? how they act? ect. I shall start :cool:

. Poeple who use terrible form on the erg (rowing machine). In may be becuase I actually row and have done for quite some time but it gets to me soo much. I have actually seen people do this about 3 times in the past week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUK1EIQ9r0

.When people who don't ussualy lift come into the free weights section and use the one and only squat rack in my gym to do 4-6 easy reps then talk for 15 mins then do another 4 pathetic reps. It's so rude. I was waiting today and i asked the 3 runners how many sets they had left (in a very kind and easy manner), he snapped back "we won't be long". They proceeded to talk for ****ing ages inbetween sets to the point were it rendered any pathetic rep they did useless.

.When dudes come in wearing espadrilles, demin shorts, and v necks. When you go the gym you go to work, i hate people who prioritise fashion above work rate at the gym.

I could name so many more :colondollar:, what do you guys hate about the gym :smile:

Scroll to see replies

People. Haha. But seriously, I think my gyms are quite nice. If you don't like it, just go to another one
Reply 2
im to busy working out to care
Reply 3
Fat people not helping themselves by sitting on the machines and doing **** all. Doesn't really annoy me, I just feel sad for them. :frown:
Reply 4
having to wait for weights and the decline fly machine which are usually all I'm interested in
Some people stare at you creepily while you work out, they annoy me.
Reply 6
Creepy old men that stare at you whilst they're doing squats. :L
Seeing Arnie shag his mistress
Reply 8
People complaining about things they see in the gym
Reply 9
Original post by a_t
People complaining about things they see in the gym

this is not occurring in a gym :colonhash:
Reply 10
My Top Ten...

1. Having to much awkward eye contact with sweaty strangers.

2. Guys wearing vests.

3. Guys that just stand around and flex in the mirror.

4. People that clearly have no idea what they're doing

5. People that don't really put any effort in

6. Groups of like 6 lads that stand around machines and do one set each.

7. Being too close to smelly, sweaty people.

8. When people leave free weights literally everywhere.

9. When someone narrowly beats you to a machine and you have to make it look like you weren't going for that piece of machinery.

10. Guys that think they're hench.
Reply 11
I just hate it when people sit around on machines for ages. The last time I went someone used the assisted pull up machine for about 20 minute straight.
Reply 12
People complaining about wiping equipment. It's supposed to be all sweaty.

Women walking on the treadmills. In fact just women in general.

I love seeing fat people put a genuine effort in though.
Reply 13
Original post by eaasy
My Top Ten...

1. Having to much awkward eye contact with sweaty strangers.

2. Guys wearing vests.

3. Guys that just stand around and flex in the mirror.

4. People that clearly have no idea what they're doing

5. People that don't really put any effort in

6. Groups of like 6 lads that stand around machines and do one set each.

7. Being too close to smelly, sweaty people.

8. When people leave free weights literally everywhere.

9. When someone narrowly beats you to a machine and you have to make it look like you weren't going for that piece of machinery.

10. Guys that think they're hench.

Number 9 reminds me, when ****ing *******s look at your machine to check your heart rate and time to compare it to theirs and be a competative ****er. :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by spocckka
People complaining about wiping equipment. It's supposed to be all sweaty.

Women walking on the treadmills. In fact just women in general.

I love seeing fat people put a genuine effort in though.

I have to say your last oen is great, their is a dude ay my gym who is actually massively obese but he just kills every thing he does. He lifts hard and his cardio leaves him in stiches. Its cool to see that :biggrin:
Reply 15
1. the trek to get ther :P lol
2. wiping the equipment... WHO GIVES???
3. the overcrowding in the weights section! :angry:
4. pp listening 2 ther music WAY 2 LOUD!
Reply 16
Original post by seasons of wither

this guy

were better than you,,,,,AND WE KNOW IT
Reply 17
11. Women that put the treadmill on a massive incline and walk uphill holding onto the machine.
Reply 18
This threads been done before.

Soon it'll descend into obnoxious rants from people who look down on everyone else in the gym because they think theyre the ****

Thats what i hate in the gym :colonhash:
Reply 19
The big guys that make me feel like the little bitch that I am.

Quick Reply

Latest