The Student Room Group

Does Entry Requirement apply to AS results or predictions?

What exactly is the making of predictions by the college based on? (Would AS results themselves be a reference?) Why do they usually appear to be higher than the AS results released by CIE?

Have just collected my AS results today and I'm wondering when can I see my predictions. Are they to remain confidential?

Sorry for such a lot of questions but my centre has been very unclear about all these. Thank you!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
same question, i got b's in AS, can I get A's for prediction?
Reply 2
Original post by Schlegel

What exactly is the making of predictions by the college based on? (Would AS results themselves be a reference?) Why do they usually appear to be higher than the AS results released by CIE?

Have just collected my AS results today and I'm wondering when can I see my predictions. Are they to remain confidential?

Sorry for such a lot of questions but my centre has been very unclear about all these. Thank you!

The minimum entry requirements will be in reference to your A2 predictions. Well, in my school we were told that the predictions would be based on our AS results and how our teachers essentially believe we'll continue to work through the A2 year. Therefore you could have achieved a B, but be predicted an A depending on circumstances. For example: you worked hard during the year and achieved As but messed up on one of your modules for the subject, leading you to achieve the B at AS that can easily be bumped up.

They're not to remain confidential and once you start your UCAS applications they'll be out in the open for you, or even earlier- they can't remain confidential purely because you need to pick universities partially based on your predictions!

Hope your AS results were what you wanted :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zincoff
The minimum entry requirements will be in reference to your A2 predictions. Well, in my school we were told that the predictions would be based on our AS results and how our teachers essentially believe we'll continue to work through the A2 year. Therefore you could have achieved a B, but be predicted an A depending on circumstances. For example: you worked hard during the year and achieved As but messed up on one of your modules for the subject, leading you to achieve the B at AS that can easily be bumped up.

They're not to remain confidential and once you start your UCAS applications they'll be out in the open for you, or even earlier- they can't remain confidential purely because you need to pick universities partially based on your predictions!

Hope your AS results were what you wanted :smile:

Thank you for your input! It comes much clearer now. I thought the confidentiality has to be maintained to a certain degree to avoid endless bargaining from students...
I had AAB and a pathetic c in history, which I thought was going to be an A/B. It certainly would not look promising even with an A prediction I'm sure:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Schlegel
Thank you for your input! It comes much clearer now. I thought the confidentiality has to be maintained to a certain degree to avoid endless bargaining from students...
I had AAB and a pathetic c in history, which I thought was going to be an A/B. It certainly would not look promising even with an A prediction I'm sure:s-smilie:

In terms of the bargaining it was made clear to us that we simply in most cases weren't going to be able to; school's won't be too optimistic with your grades because it damages the school's credibility when students fail to meet their predictions by a lot.

You'll definitely know your predictions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest