The Student Room Group

rah girl rioter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suggsina
no one needs HD tvs, iphones, fancy clothes etc etc

people stealing trainers and t-shirts from jd sports - hardy fancy clothes :lolwut:
Original post by bbq1948
Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a successful company director. She lives in a detached converted farmhouse in Orpington, Kent, with extensive grounds and a tennis court.

She is an English and Italian undergraduate at Exeter, favourite of the Boden-wearing classes. Before that, she attended St Olave’s Grammar, the fourth-best state school in the country, and its sister school, Newstead Wood, gaining nine GCSE A grades and four A*s.

At St Olave’s, she studied A-levels in French, English literature, geography and classical civilisation. Yesterday, at Highbury, she was accused of something slightly less civilised looting the Charlton Curry’s superstore of electrical goods worth £5,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8694494/UK-riots-David-Cameron-condemns-sick-society-as-grammar-school-girl-in-court-over-riots.html

I guess if she was black her case could be jammed in with all the "black and foreigner rioters' threads. So this is just going to confuse the bnp set
Original post by Fires
To me she has the typical "posh girl" look

I get that vibe ... I wonder how she'll look in court ... or in prison :colone:

Original post by Fires
well maintained hair

Come on, any girl can have well maintained hair ... it just takes some shampoo, conditioner, comb/brush and a tiny bit of patience :smile:.

Original post by Fires
I guess she normally wouldn't as much as glance at most of the guys on here, but perhaps she will be feeling a little less superior than normal today!

I don't know ... she's no beauty queen herself. I think she looks pretty average and I think quite a few of the guys here are atleast pretty average. But yes, maybe her name in the paper's will make her feel a bit more inclined to make more friends with ordinary guys to counter the enemies she will probably have if she is found guilty.
Reply 123
Original post by issyconnor

I don't know ... she's no beauty queen herself. I think she looks pretty average and I think quite a few of the guys here are atleast pretty average. But yes, maybe her name in the paper's will make her feel a bit more inclined to make more friends with ordinary guys to counter the enemies she will probably have if she is found guilty.

Well if she goes to prison it will be with women of course!

Someone from Exeter tells me that Laura is friends with party animal Emily Van Oss (she was one of those Country Life pinup girls) who somewhat laughably describes herself on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/vanossem

rapist wit ... what the ****??? FFS, did her parents drop her on the head as a baby.
Reply 125
Original post by blue_shift86
people stealing trainers and t-shirts from jd sports - hardy fancy clothes :lolwut:

can't find the article but they robbed fancy places as well. but my point is that people can't justify stealing based on necessity.
"Bailey, who earns £1,000 a month at Stockwell Primary School, south London, left court with a newspaper over his face. A headline about “copycat cretins” covering his eyes, he walked into a lamp-post."
Oh lol!
Looting is always wrong, as is obvious to anyone with sense. Unfortunately, this lass had none of that, and some would argue she had even less cause to loot than most (although come on, you're kidding yourself if you think anyone nicks a grand's worth of electrical goods out of necessity).

Shame she's probably wrecked her own life in terms of people having respect for her, her education (especially as, if she goes to prison, she will be chucked out of uni), her job prospects and (even if her influential parents manage to find her something) trust from employers and co-workers. So many people will be in that sorry state once all this is over- many of them with plenty to lose, jobs and reputations etc.

The only plus to come out of these stories of "normal" people getting caught up in the riots is that surely David Cameron will be forced to abandon his frankly ridiculous assumption that everyone involved was aged 16-25, of an ethnic minority, and working class.
Original post by suggsina
can't find the article but they robbed fancy places as well. but my point is that people can't justify stealing based on necessity.

Apparently they robbed a body shop, which isn't that posh, I guess, but their Body butter's are expensive :rolleyes:
Original post by L i b
If there was a riot in my pants, she'd be invited.

She's not been at all 'shamed' - and frankly I find this talk quite disturbing. She's been accused of something. It has not been proven against her and she has no criminal convictions. What you and some others have come out with here is frankly appalling.

Erm, how did the stolen items find themselves in her car? Magically?
Original post by blue_shift86
you posh rich bitch! I'm jealous of your richness :tongue:

geez, can no one take a joke? - you losers!

:lol: Not all of Orpington is rich and upper class, if that's the impression you were getting :p:. I think my own family is middle class (I don't really totally understand about these things). And we live quite near a council estate full of working class people.

I didn't neg you BTW :dontknow:
Reply 131
Original post by edgar allan bro

That is a question that we have a judicial system to answer. The thousands upon thousands of people who go through our legal system each year - who obviously raised suspicion enough to be arrested and charged - but are cleared of wrongdoing are in a similar position. We don't go around saying they're criminals until it can be demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt by people who are as fully as possible familiarised with the facts.
Reply 132
Original post by edgar allan bro

It does make you wonder what defence her (doubtless expensive) lawyers are striving to come up with. It will be something like "I saw those things lying there and I was very concerned they would be stolen, so I put them in my BMW for safekeeping to return them later to the store owner". Actually, that's such a good defence. I wonder if she will recruit me for her team? Laura? Reading this?
Reply 133
Amusing to see some of the replies proclaiming her innocence, if it has been someone lower-class or perhaps someone with a different skin colour they'd be clamouring for her to be beaten and jailed, yet because she's white and middle-class she's obviously innocent. Pathetic.
Reply 134
maybe Daddy wasn't satisfying her electrical needs, it was time she took a STAND!!!

¬_¬
Reply 135
They all deserve to be punished equally. And that means getting beat/arrested for a decent amount of time (more than a year imo). They are all scummy ***** that need to be eliminated from society regardless of their background.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 136
Original post by issyconnor

I'm not defending her, but you don't know anything about her other than her schooling and the fact that she has been involved in the riots. Not exactly what you'd hope for to make as detailed a character assassination as you've done.

Anyhow, seems to me that she got caught up in the whole thing, unfortunate for her, but it does make you wonder how exactly with her education she wasn't able to distinguish between right or wrong, or even think of the consequences of her actions.
Did they seriously say "in a smart blue adidas tracksuit"?
Reply 138
Although I despise rioting and looting - that girl seems far more sexually attractive to me now.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:lol: Not all of Orpington is rich and upper class, if that's the impression you were getting :p:. I think my own family is middle class (I don't really totally understand about these things). And we live quite near a council estate full of working class people.

I didn't neg you BTW :dontknow:

awww ty - sweet to know ^_^. Some people on TSR can't take a joke. It was meant to be funny in all seriousness :biggrin:. Working class people are awesome - I'm working class :smile:.

Have a great day and thanks for not negging me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending