The Student Room Group

Has anyone had a tattoo removed by laser before?

I'm having two tattoos lasered on Saturday prior to cover ups.
One is on my wrist and the other is at the bottom of my back, in order to get the cover ups I want they need to be lightened by the laser as they both have a lot of black in them. Some people say it is agony, other's say it dosn't hurt as much as getting a tattoo. The girl who tattoos me has had it done and described the pain to be like being flicked with an elastic band (which is bloody painful!) but not as painful as a tattoo.
Just wondered what your experience was like? and how did it heal?
I don't know how many laser sessions I will need as I don't need the tats totally gone, just lightened up.
Sounds like you regretted getting the slag tag now.
Reply 2
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

Grow up. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

Don't be a prick all your life.
Original post by Sendaii
Don't be a prick all your life.

It clearly is.
My friend says it absolutely kills. Although he's prone to exaggeration.
Reply 6
Hi everyone,
I had my first laser session yesterday on two of my tattoos and thought I would come back and tell everyone what it was like incase they are thinking of having it done.
It is NOT agony like everyone makes out! It is just about as painful as a tattoo is, but much quicker! My wrist took 30 seconds to laser and my back only 5min, and they are not tiny tattoos either. The pain was sharp, kind of like being flicked with an elastic band, it did hurt a little bit but was nothing like what I expected it to be like. It didn't blister or scab afterwards and dosn't even hurt at all, I was told to get some aloe vera gel to ease the itching once it heals but havn't had to use it so far. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. :smile:
Out of interest, what tattoos? and why the motivation for suddenly getting both of them removed?
Reply 8
Original post by Pwn4g3_P13
Out of interest, what tattoos? and why the motivation for suddenly getting both of them removed?

One is a tribal at the bottom of my back, It was my first tattoo. I got it when I was 16 and basically just got it for the sake of getting a tattoo. I hate it, it's so chavvy. :frown:
The other is a pink bow on the inside of my right wrist. I do like it but I feel like it's upside down :confused: and there is a little gap in it which bugs me, It's not all that great either because the artist was a bit rubbish, again tattood under 18 so what can I expect? :rolleyes:
So I have wanted the tribal covered with a peacock for a while and the bow covered with a feather, but the tribal is mainly black and the bow has a black outline which would be hard to cover with colour. So i'm having them lightened with the laser so I can get the cover ups I want. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest