The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Lucy Cavendish College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

this thread is kinda slow, if you're on facebook, then their Lucy site is more active :smile:

the food is great! seriously. it is worth doing the degree just for the food! :biggrin:

what's your subject?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
Yay, I love food!

Hoping to do Computer Science, a bit worried as the female applications for that are quite low so Lucy might not want me anyway. But hoping for the best. :smile:
Reply 42
Hi,

Just wondered whether anyone has received an interview invitation from Lucy Cavendish College? or if anyone knows when they send invites out?

thanks
athomas100
Hi,

Just wondered whether anyone has received an interview invitation from Lucy Cavendish College? or if anyone knows when they send invites out?

thanks

It may be as late as two weeks before interviews.

I think last year's interviews were just after the standard age colleges. The summer round of interviews were delayed by a couple of weeks due to staff holidays etc. So don't book any train tickets or hotels until you know for certain.

Hmn, given that it is the 19th of Novemeber now, it may be a good idea to send Gabby an email asking as the postal strikes have created a backlog. Much of the information in the interview pack you can find on the website, however there is an example test paper included in the pack (I didn't look at it until the night before though). If you ahve any questions about the interview process I'll be happy to share with you what will happen etc.

Good Luck.

What's your subject?
Reply 44
Miss Prankster Pixie
It may be as late as two weeks before interviews.

I think last year's interviews were just after the standard age colleges. The summer round of interviews were delayed by a couple of weeks due to staff holidays etc. So don't book any train tickets or hotels until you know for certain.

Hmn, given that it is the 19th of Novemeber now, it may be a good idea to send Gabby an email asking as the postal strikes have created a backlog. Much of the information in the interview pack you can find on the website, however there is an example test paper included in the pack (I didn't look at it until the night before though). If you ahve any questions about the interview process I'll be happy to share with you what will happen etc.

Good Luck.

What's your subject?

Oh Thanks - I think I'll send her an email today. I've applied for PPS. I'm a bit worried as although I'm studying psychology and sociology on my Access course, i haven't yet done any politics. So wanted to read up a bit if I do get an interview.

Test? - god i'm dreading that!

x
Reply 45
Just received my letter - have an interview 11/12/09!

Cannot believe it!!
Reply 46
A letter has arrived for me from Lucy Cavendish, but where I used to live!!! My mate is sending it onto me first class today. Hopefully Ive got an interview!!!
Reply 47
ub2008
A letter has arrived for me from Lucy Cavendish, but where I used to live!!! My mate is sending it onto me first class today. Hopefully Ive got an interview!!!

It was a big envelope. I figured it was too much paper to be just a rejection. Still s*** myself when i opened it though!

Good luck - what have you applied for?
Reply 48
PPS. How big was your envelope, apparently mine is bigger than a normal one, but not quite A4 size.
Reply 49
Yep it was A4 size and brown with about 20 bits of paper in it. ask your friend whether it felt like one sheet or more.

the anticipation!

yes im PPS too. are you doing an Access course or A-Levels?
Reply 50
God knows, I suspect its a rejection, but Im ever hopeful. Pm sent.
Reply 51
Hi, I think letters are being sent out 19th and 20th November.
Reply 52
Hi everyone!
Glad to see more Lucy applicants!
I'm applying to medicine, and I live in the US. Does anyone know if they're sending emails and letters, or just letters? It takes about 2 weeks for letters to get here from the UK, so I'm wondering if I should hold off on completely freaking out.
Hopefully meet all of you soon!!
Reply 53
Hello!

I asked that Lucy Cavendish contact me by email with any news, positive or negative, because the postal system where I'm living is extremely bizarre and often mail never arrives!

I contacted Gabby about a week ago, and she told me that applications were still being shortlisted.

Still no news about an interview, though and I'm starting to get anxious! Even more so because, even if I do get one, I'm not sure I'll be able to book the time off work anymore. Eeeek!!
Reply 54
I received my letter inviting me to an interview yesterday. Didn't receive an email and track still hasn't been updated. Although just received a conditional offer for Leicester University. Which has hugely boosted my confidence for the Cambridge interview. Now I feel as if I have something to fall back on.

Just phone in sick to your work for the day. Sometimes doing a sickie is ok and I think this would be one of those times!
Reply 55
Congrats to everyone with interviews!!
And congrats athomas100 on Leicester too!
I agree on taking a sick day, unless you're international, but either way I'm sure they'll accommodate you as best they can.
That's a good idea asking to be kept updated via email- I think I'll do the same if I don't hear pretty soon. Thanks!
Reply 56
athomas congrats! I got two unconditionals from Queen Mary's (university of london) and Kingston about two weeks ago but i'm really not feeling at all hopeful about lucy cavendish:frown: had lots of complications with my application!

Applications for universities here haven't even started yet, it's insane.

connieanne, definitely ask about e-mail correspondence - Gabby seems really helpful, i'm sure she wouldn't mind at all.

I'm abroad and travelling isn't very easy but *fingers crossed* if I get an interview, work will understand!

Congrats to everyone on their interviews! Anyone have to take entrance exams?
Reply 57
Thanks sybn! I think I'll give it till Monday, just in case, and then email. Until then I'll be living beside my mailbox. :smile:
I had to take the BMAT (the undergraduate medical entrance test), because the graduate-entry medical course is only for UK/EU students. It was crazy trying to re-learn all the high school stuff! I'll find out those results at the beginning of next month. Fingers crossed!!
Reply 58
thank-you!

Queen Mary is a good uni. I used to live right next to it. East london is by far the best area of london to live in.

and yes I would email them on Monday. I was actually just about to send an email when i checked my post and saw the letter from them.
Reply 59
I dont understand why they just dont update track as soon as theyve sent the letter out- it makes everyones lives easier.

Quick Reply

Latest