The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Lucy Cavendish College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, there's a Facebook group been started for Lucy's 2011 freshers - everyone should come join! :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_166532693413791
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 101
Original post by myNameHere
Hi all, there's a Facebook group been started for Lucy's 2011 freshers - everyone should come join! :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_166532693413791

I feel it would be a bad omen to call myself a fresher before the results day :biggrin:. I will join the group in August then (hooopeeefuuullyyy) :smile:.
Does anyone know when we hear about room allocations?
Reply 103
hi everyone, i'll be going to lucy this october as well:smile: has anyone heard back about accommodation yet?? i'm quite anxious because i want an ensuite room...also what date are you all planning to arrive at Cam?
Original post by pj1623
hi everyone, i'll be going to lucy this october as well:smile: has anyone heard back about accommodation yet?? i'm quite anxious because i want an ensuite room...also what date are you all planning to arrive at Cam?

Which course are you doing? I think everyone's supposed to arrive by September 28th if you're a mature undergrad doing the PREP course. Rooms won't be allocated until next week I think. I want an ensuite too!
Reply 105
I am coming on 30th as I have no Prep course :>. I'm guite jealous to be honest, you'll have at least two days more for socializing :frown:.
Reply 106
i see. im doing an MPhil so no prep course...but the thought of moving in right at the start of term kind of scares me a little, its going to take me a long time to settle down! But if theres no accommodation theres not much use to arrive a day or two early i suppose?
I coming on the 23rd as I have a prep course to attend. They sent out an e-mail about accommodation today. :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by Seham
I coming on the 23rd as I have a prep course to attend. They sent out an e-mail about accommodation today. :smile:

you received the email already? What does it say? I still haven't, fingers crossed!
Reply 109
oh nevermind, i got it too in another mailbox;P but why doesn't it indicate what type of room I got:??
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pj1623
oh nevermind, i got it too in another mailbox;P but why doesn't it indicate what type of room I got:??

You get allocated a room, however, you can express a preference.
Is the Blue Book page on the college website working for everything? It doesn't seem to be working for me: http://www.lucy-cav.cam.ac.uk/pages/admissions/blue-book.php
Original post by Eggs and Ham
Is the Blue Book page on the college website working for everything? It doesn't seem to be working for me: http://www.lucy-cav.cam.ac.uk/pages/admissions/blue-book.php

No, it doesn't work for me but I downloaded it earlier in the year.
Reply 113
Original post by Seham
You get allocated a room, however, you can express a preference.

I have got nothing about expressing a room preference. Just a choice of either monthly or termly rent. Strange.
Reply 115
if the letter says i've been offered a college room does that mean a room in-site or it can simply be any room owned by the college?
Original post by 6K6
I have got nothing about expressing a room preference. Just a choice of either monthly or termly rent. Strange.

I e-mailed and asked. She said you could express a preference on the bottom of the form. It also says that in the Blue book.

Original post by pj1623
if the letter says i've been offered a college room does that mean a room in-site or it can simply be any room owned by the college?

That just means any college room. The rooms haven't been allocated yet.
I got Warburton Hall. :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by Princess Bubbles
I got Warburton Hall. :smile:

Oh congrats xD.
Did they send you an e-mail or a letter? I can't wait to see what I've got :>.
Reply 119
still havn't heard anything, how did you find out Princess Bubbles?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending