The Student Room Group

Army boyfriend acts distant, doesn't seem to care about not seeing me?

Hey guys...here's my problem, and I'd like to have any thoughts about my situation :smile:
Please don't be rude, I'm fine with people saying I've done things wrong etc, but don't be horrible, I am aware of my faults.

I have to start with a bit of back story. Me and Chris originally started going out 2 1/2 years ago. We absolutely fell head over heels for each other, it was the first time either of us had ever fallen in love. We were together for 5 months, and then did long distance (my gap year was in america). Chris wanted to marry me etc, I was always worried about whether it would last, but also wanted to.
Long distance is incredibly hard. We stayed together until easter 2010. Chris was wonderful, he flew over on a surprise visit on valentine's day etc...but the strain was too much.
I broke up with him because I felt that I needed to live my life before I could commit to him. This was really hard, both cried etc. In America I grew to like a close friend and we began dating. When my gap year was over, Chris came over and we did a 6 week roadtrip together (it had been planned before we split up). It was amazing, we spent every minute of every day together and loved it, but it was purely platonic. We also admitted that we'd both been with someone else during the long distance (I more than him).
Anyway, we remained good friends (Chris still in love with me, and I didn't tell him but I still loved him). Then this Christmas, after I'd broken up with my American bf, Chris made a move and although I said no, eventually we got back together.
We left our relationship casual, as he then went on a 3 month voyage through south east asia, and I was at university. I had a **** buddy at university, and although I didn't know it, Chris knew about him.
Anyway, Chris is now in Sandhurst, and we have been officially going out this time round for 2 months. I wrote him a letter 4 weeks into his Sandhurst term explaining to him that I was irrevocably in love with him, and that I never again wanted to be without him.
We don't see each other very often, like a weekend every 3-5 weeks, and I have found it very hard. Chris doesn't want me to be needy, so I don't call him unless I have to.
He is busy, but seems to have no desire to contact me at all between visits. He's told me that when he's at Sandhurst he doesn't miss me, which hurts. He doesn't call very often, once a week at best, and doesn't text me back etc (says he's busy).
And I am now getting the feeling that he really doesn't care about seeing me at all. He's coming home this weekend saturday to sunday afternoon, after which I won't see him till 2 days in september. The only thing I've asked of him is that he tries to come back by 3pm on saturday, as I have a surprise planned. He says he doesn't think he can be, because he's going out on an end of term lash with his platoon and will be too hungover. He also doesn't tell me he loves me unless I've said it first anymore.

Please could you help. I feel that I am going crazy. He used to care so much, but now I feel like he doesn't care at all. Is this just me? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest