The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gazoula
I did the online course with the plus option (extra 3 mocks) and to be honest nope I personally wouldnt... I got an average of 675 and did so much practice before hand that I thought I'd do better....

Hi,

I've read that the Kaplan 2 day course gives you good time management tips. I'm not sure if I should go on the course as I have some books but I guess every little helps?
thanks
Nick
Original post by vickie89uk
How do you get this Kaplan test prep booklet what's sit I have the UKCAT 600 questions book

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can either get the Kaplan test prep booklet by booking the two day course or buy the booklet online.

Alternatively, the Kaplan prep book isn't a must, but you should get the Kaplan textbook which is around £15 from Amazon.

I definitely believe that the 600Q book isn't enough prep because the book is out of date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
You can either get the Kaplan test prep booklet by booking the two day course or buy the booklet online.

Alternatively, the Kaplan prep book isn't a must, but you should get the Kaplan textbook which is around £15 from Amazon.

I definitely believe that the 600Q book isn't enough prep because the book is out of date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I will have a look is the course expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Thank you I will have a look is the course expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can apply for a bursary for the course :biggrin: Look it up :smile:
Anyone going to the Cardiff thing tomorrow for Kaplan or whatever
Original post by Don Pedro K.
You can apply for a bursary for the course :biggrin: Look it up :smile:

Thank you
Yeah it says you have to get your school to write a letter stating why you need the bursary and why the course would benefit you but im 26 im not at school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep Kaplan and the UKCAT 600 Q book, good luck!
Hi, does anyone know of any resources where you can get an actual score at the end? Does the practise UKCAT test on their website give you actual scores? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Qaiys
Hi, does anyone know of any resources where you can get an actual score at the end? Does the practise UKCAT test on their website give you actual scores? Thanks! :smile:

No, just gives you your raw score - I've just been using the scores from the Kaplan book and basing mine off that (Medify scores are TOTALLY unrepresentative)ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435969701.557575.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebbsy
No, just gives you your raw score - I've just been using the scores from the Kaplan book and basing mine off that (Medify scores are TOTALLY unrepresentative)ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435969701.557575.jpg
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, that's awesome, thank you :smile:
anyone else doing it on the 2nd september in london?
Original post by yasmin#2
anyone else doing it on the 2nd september in london?

I'm doing mine 3rd September :biggrin: but nowhere near London >.< ahaa
These are what I used in preparation for the ukcat for 2015 entry to medicine:
Kaplan^^
600 qs ISC book
Ukcat for dummies

Not a book, but the main resource I used which I would highly recommend is the Medify online ukcat course at medify.co.uk
Original post by Qaiys

ah cool, good luck :smile:)))))))))))
tell me if u find any good resource, too many to choose from >.<
Original post by yasmin#2
ah cool, good luck :smile:)))))))))))
tell me if u find any good resource, too many to choose from >.<

Hahaa thank youuu, you too! And I will :PP
Hello all, anyone please tell me which online practise course to choose?
Original post by Qaiys

Mine's on the 1st hahah :biggrin:!
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Mine's on the 1st hahah :biggrin:!

Did my UKCAT this morning, was reasonably pleased with my actual score (2830, 707 average), but somehow only got band 3 in sjt. :frown: idk what happened, i've always got band 1 or 2 in practice tests so i'm pretty frustrated.

Is this going to damage my application significantly?
I'm taking my UKCAT exam this summer, does anyone have any recommendations of any websites that would be helpful? I don't mind paying because I know some have subscription fee.
Reply 459
Original post by phagocyte1998
Did my UKCAT this morning, was reasonably pleased with my actual score (2830, 707 average), but somehow only got band 3 in sjt. :frown: idk what happened, i've always got band 1 or 2 in practice tests so i'm pretty frustrated.

Is this going to damage my application significantly?

Depends on which unis you choose.. Some would not take sjt as a major component...may I ask what materials you used for practice and how close to they reflect the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending