The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

UoR: FAQ's / Information / Ask a student thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
Whatever is left presumably or I can send you in the direction of local student landlords with properties very close to the uni nearer the time :smile:

Okay thanks, lots to ponder on.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by adamrules247
Okay thanks, lots to ponder on.

No problem :smile:
does anyone do pharmacy from reading??

also i was wondering what the campus is like ( how big and spacious it is and also how modern it is with facilities)

are there on campus shops ( like food shops where i can buy ingredients if im gonna host a curry night or chinese night and i have to make the ingredients ) !!!

also is the accommodation mainly on campus ??

many thanks in advance guys !
Reply 23
Original post by James A

also i was wondering what the campus is like ( how big and spacious it is and also how modern it is with facilities)

are there on campus shops ( like food shops where i can buy ingredients if im gonna host a curry night or chinese night and i have to make the ingredients ) !!!

1) If they offer the course then I assume people do.
2) There is an SU shop, no idea if it does ingredients but there is an Asda not far away.
3) Most accommodation is on campus.
4) There is a lot of space and green areas in and around the sports park.
1) If they offer the course then I assume people do.
2) There is an SU shop, no idea if it does ingredients but there is an Asda not far away.
3) Most accommodation is on campus.
4) There is a lot of space and green areas in and around the sports park.

yeah man, when i make friends ill invite them over for a curry night or something and ill cook !!

or i was thinking of having a come dine with me, reading university !!!!
Reply 25
Original post by James A
yeah man, when i make friends ill invite them over for a curry night or something and ill cook !!

or i was thinking of having a come dine with me, reading university !!!!

Something like that may already exist when you get there so I'm sure you will enjoy getting involved :smile:
Reply 26
Updated with some table information and what have you.
does anyone know what happens if you decline your accommodation offer, do you get another or is it one only? think im being offered windsor but ive not heard much about it..
Reply 28
Original post by Nicoledesouza
does anyone know what happens if you decline your accommodation offer, do you get another or is it one only? think im being offered windsor but ive not heard much about it..

That's it AFAIK. You can request a change but they may just say no. You can rent privately close to the university if you would prefer.
What are the bathrooms in St Patricks like?
Reply 30
Original post by misterb123
What are the bathrooms in St Patricks like?

Presumably they provide facilities to wash and expel waste - is there much more to it? :tongue:
Presumably they provide facilities to wash and expel waste - is there much more to it? :tongue:

Lol i know its a stupid question, I just worried a bit when I read they were communal bathrooms
Reply 32
Original post by misterb123
Lol i know its a stupid question, I just worried a bit when I read they were communal bathrooms

You are force-marched five at a time, naked into a bath made of the bones of ex students who refused where you are made to wash each other and sing folk tunes for the amusement of the older boys lest they beat you with sticks. :lol:
Reply 33
Original post by foswissle
x

Do you have any photos of St.Pats bedrooms?
Reply 34
Do you use bicycles from halls to campus?

Are bicycles common transportation alternative for students?

Where can we buy used/new bicycles?

thx:smile:
Reply 35
Original post by James A

James I'm doing Pharmacy too - if you have Facebook please join this group http://www.facebook.com/groups/207954702591338/ it's for all the Pharmacy freshers :smile:

I have a few questions - what's the food at Park Eat like? And also, if anyone knows anything about Windsor hall, do you know if the bathrooms have been redone at all?

Original post by dxbugs
Do you use bicycles from halls to campus?

Are bicycles common transportation alternative for students?

Where can we buy used/new bicycles?

thx:smile:

They are very common indeed, a bike is a very useful piece of kit, especially if you've overslept a bit!!
Original post by Ninny
James I'm doing Pharmacy too - if you have Facebook please join this group http://www.facebook.com/groups/207954702591338/ it's for all the Pharmacy freshers :smile:

I have a few questions - what's the food at Park Eat like? And also, if anyone knows anything about Windsor hall, do you know if the bathrooms have been redone at all?

lol i didnt apply this year, im going into year 13 next september :smile:, so next september ill apply at reading for pharmacy
Original post by Ninny

basically im starting A2 next week xD
Reply 39
Original post by James A
lol i didnt apply this year, im going into year 13 next september :smile:, so next september ill apply at reading for pharmacy

Oh okay, good luck and may see you there next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending