The Student Room Group

Searching UCAS Extra

Hey guys! I'm applying for Psychology BSc starting in September.

I was just wondering, when you search for courses on UCAS extra does a 'C' beside the course mean it is not available at all or simply closed at the moment? Just trying to make a list of courses that are likely to come through in clearing.

Thanks!
Original post by ascottheyes
Hey guys! I'm applying for Psychology BSc starting in September.

I was just wondering, when you search for courses on UCAS extra does a 'C' beside the course mean it is not available at all or simply closed at the moment? Just trying to make a list of courses that are likely to come through in clearing.

Thanks!

It means its not available at the moment (i.e. it is no longer taking new applications), however, places may become available in Clearing as people may miss their offer. The university won't know this yet, and these places will be published from A-level results day. So in short, yes it could still come up in clearing.
Reply 2
A C next to the course means the course is currently closed for new applications. Sometimes the course will remain closed, but if enough people miss their offers for the course then the course may open again for clearing or adjustment.
Reply 3
Original post by F1 fanatic
It means its not available at the moment (i.e. it is no longer taking new applications), however, places may become available in Clearing as people may miss their offer. The university won't know this yet, and these places will be published from A-level results day. So in short, yes it could still come up in clearing.

Thanks very much! So helpful!:biggrin:
Reply 4
So if it is in extra and is not closed at the minute, then it stands a good chance/ will be in clearing, or increases the liklihood of being accepted if I narrowly miss the conditions ( I know this will depend on other factors as well, such as how many spaces left, whether they choose to look for better candidates in clearing
Original post by Simon1245

Original post by Simon1245
So if it is in extra and is not closed at the minute, then it stands a good chance/ will be in clearing, or increases the liklihood of being accepted if I narrowly miss the conditions ( I know this will depend on other factors as well, such as how many spaces left, whether they choose to look for better candidates in clearing

There is a correlation, but that is all. Bear in mind that Extra closed some time ago and so the listings on the UCAS website may not be entirely up to date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending