The Student Room Group

Confessing your feelings to a girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just comfort her by giving her a hug etc. nothing too sexual. And after let the magic work. Never force and never push. Always be there for her and she might be yours
Reply 21
I always find it easier to show her rather than tell her.
Reply 22
Original post by 01jtiong
what would be the best way to do it:

one suggestion could be: the girl is upset because she thinks that you can deduce what in heart but can't so she goes off running but catch up with her and you tell her that she is very troublesome, difficult and that you say "with all these emotions even if you were holmes himself,how can you deduce the heart of a girl whom one likes, no one can do that"

could someone say that to a girl

Just don't say anything to her. Maintain your honour and reputation and keep these thoughts to yourself. That way you cannot embarrass yourself.
effofex has got it right

If a girl is interested, you can tell.

If you don't pick up any direct signs that she is interested, she isn't.
:eyeball:

Pot kettle black much?
Just send her a text with 4 kisses on the end.
I think, if someone said that to me I'd slowly back away until I was far enough to run
Reply 27
LOL this is moist, I don't advise it
Reply 28
Original post by 01jtiong
what would be the best way to do it:

one suggestion could be: the girl is upset because she thinks that you can deduce what in heart but can't so she goes off running but catch up with her and you tell her that she is very troublesome, difficult and that you say "with all these emotions even if you were holmes himself,how can you deduce the heart of a girl whom one likes, no one can do that"

could someone say that to a girl

Here's how I did it: I phones her up and said there was something I really needed to tell her, could I pop round to her place for a few minutes... this was while I was on the way round. When I got there, she asked me if it was some sort of gossip I had to tell her. I reminded her that I don't do gossip.

Then we went outside for a cigarette, and I let it out: "I've been trying to work out how to say this for ages. I've got very strong feelings for you, and I've had them for a long time, at least the last two or three years."
Reply 29
Original post by Tootles
Here's how I did it: I phones her up and said there was something I really needed to tell her, could I pop round to her place for a few minutes... this was while I was on the way round. When I got there, she asked me if it was some sort of gossip I had to tell her. I reminded her that I don't do gossip.

Then we went outside for a cigarette, and I let it out: "I've been trying to work out how to say this for ages. I've got very strong feelings for you, and I've had them for a long time, at least the last two or three years."

****ing Hell!!! i couldnt wait that long maybe 2months but not 2years no point waiting that long dude. Just do it - and let the chips fall where they may.
Reply 30
Original post by Cheech23
****ing Hell!!! i couldnt wait that long maybe 2months but not 2years no point waiting that long dude. Just do it - and let the chips fall where they may.
You're right, and had it been more straightforward, I would have done. But my feelings were very confusing. For ages I thought I just fancied her, and didn't tell her because I figured it'd blow over and I'd just get over it. But a couple of months ago, I realized that that was what I felt... the euphoria I feel when I'm talking to her, be it in person or on the phone. The surge of pride I feel when she tells me of some achievement she's made. The heartbreak when something happens and she gets hurt. The feeling that my soul has been split in two when we spend time together and then have to part... but, like I said, I just thought I really fancied her, but my feelings to her are more for herself than a sexual attraction. Of course I'm attracted to her - she's absolutely stunning - but the... well, it's hard to describe. But the point is that it took me ages to figure out that I'm in love with her. I wish I knew earlier, because that way I could have told her sooner. But this is the way it unfolded; this is the way it has to be.
Reply 31
Original post by Tootles
You're right, and had it been more straightforward, I would have done. But my feelings were very confusing. For ages I thought I just fancied her, and didn't tell her because I figured it'd blow over and I'd just get over it. But a couple of months ago, I realized that that was what I felt... the euphoria I feel when I'm talking to her, be it in person or on the phone. The surge of pride I feel when she tells me of some achievement she's made. The heartbreak when something happens and she gets hurt. The feeling that my soul has been split in two when we spend time together and then have to part... but, like I said, I just thought I really fancied her, but my feelings to her are more for herself than a sexual attraction. Of course I'm attracted to her - she's absolutely stunning - but the... well, it's hard to describe. But the point is that it took me ages to figure out that I'm in love with her. I wish I knew earlier, because that way I could have told her sooner. But this is the way it unfolded; this is the way it has to be.

take it she didnt feel the same no?
Reply 32
Original post by Tootles

Well done for finally having the guts to tell her :hugs: So did you guys get together in the end after your revelation? If not, you're still mates at least?
Original post by Iola :}
I was being rather blunt because I thought you may be a freak.

I am 100% confident in saying I was right :innocent:

cool story.
Reply 34
Original post by Cheech23
take it she didnt feel the same no?
I don't actually know how she feels, she never told me. She just said that of all the guys she knows, she wants least to hurt me.

Original post by Réglisse
Well done for finally having the guts to tell her :hugs: So did you guys get together in the end after your revelation? If not, you're still mates at least?
Thank you :smile: No, we're not together. I know this is going to sound stupid, but she... has a boyfriend, and has been with him over a year. I didn't tell her so she'd dump him, I told her because I was sick of that being unsaid between us. I thought she deserved to know. Thankfully, she understands that, and knows and trusts me enough to know that I'd do nothing she didn't want. She said she's glad she knows, though, and that it's... "food for thought..." whatever she may have meant by that.
Reply 35
Original post by Tootles
I don't actually know how she feels, she never told me. She just said that of all the guys she knows, she wants least to hurt me.

Thank you :smile: No, we're not together. I know this is going to sound stupid, but she... has a boyfriend, and has been with him over a year. I didn't tell her so she'd dump him, I told her because I was sick of that being unsaid between us. I thought she deserved to know. Thankfully, she understands that, and knows and trusts me enough to know that I'd do nothing she didn't want. She said she's glad she knows, though, and that it's... "food for thought..." whatever she may have meant by that.

then y did you even bother telling her, why not focus on another girl? what a waste of time imo
Reply 36
Original post by Tootles

Well, actually I think you did the right thing. It's good to get it off your chest and clear the air. As she's with another guy, the chances of you getting together are pretty slim. Must be really tough, I can totally sympathise, but once again kudos for being gutsy. But make sure you look after number 1- you- in all of this and try not to get too caught up in it to the extent you get really hurt :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Réglisse
Well, actually I think you did the right thing. It's good to get it off your chest and clear the air. As she's with another guy, the chances of you getting together are pretty slim. Must be really tough, I can totally sympathise, but once again kudos for being gutsy. But make sure you look after number 1- you- in all of this and try not to get too caught up in it to the extent you get really hurt :smile:

Yeah. I would like to know how she feels, though; it hurts me far more, not knowing whether she likes me or not - and therefore holding a pilot light of potentially false hope - than knowing for certain either way.

I know one good thing has happened as a result of this, though. It's like a charm broke when I told her, and now I've found out that a few girls like me, and it's been commented on by some friends and family that I'm now a far more confident person. For the first time, I actually feel really good about myself.
Reply 38
Original post by Tootles
Yeah. I would like to know how she feels, though; it hurts me far more, not knowing whether she likes me or not - and therefore holding a pilot light of potentially false hope - than knowing for certain either way.

I know one good thing has happened as a result of this, though. It's like a charm broke when I told her, and now I've found out that a few girls like me, and it's been commented on by some friends and family that I'm now a far more confident person. For the first time, I actually feel really good about myself.

Hmmm...the boyfriend thing definitely complicates things and she probably doesn't want to hurt you as you're a close friend.

Good for you mate :biggrin: You seem like a cool, decent guy too! :beer:
Reply 39
What i am talking about is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCkmNauhE8o

if this happens or could you confess your feelings like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending