The Student Room Group

Mum turns in "rioting" daughter to cops.

Poll

Would you call the cops on your child if they took part in rioting?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't,
I guess its mother nature to protect your child...
I'd like to think I would at any age, but if I had a ten year old and he stole say something from the shops, I'd have a real struggle handing him in and probably just wouldn't.

A fifteen year old and over, I'd have no issues with, but any younger then that I know it'd be a moral battle.
Reply 3
I don't have any children so it's difficult to say. I'd say probably not. What that woman's done in turning her daughter in is very brave. The rioting might just have been one of a long list of things she's done. Sometimes you need to do things like this to give a person a wakeup call and make them change.
Reply 4
If they didn't give me a fair cut, I would.
Never. Being able to maintain the moral high ground comes second to family.
Reply 6
I wouldnt, because if i was part of the riots and my parents gave me in, they wouldnt see me ever again. I wouldnt even show up to their funeral
Reply 7
Absolutely, I will be bringing my kids up with respect for other people and their property.

If one of my kids broke that respect then they would face appropriate punishment if it is serving potential time for criminal damage they should have thought about it before they did it.
I would,
I'm geniunely disgusted by the rioters, I had friends who live very close to the manchester city centre and they were terrified, if they did the crime they should do the time tbh
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
No I wouldn't. Yes they may have stolen something, even as minor as a bag of basmati rice, but giving them a criminal record will cause them to suffer much much more and I wouldn't want to bring that on my child.
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I would,
I'm geniunely disgusted by the rioters, I had friends who live very close to the manchester city centre and they were terrified, if they did the crime they should do the crime tbh

:h:
I think this woman was very brave. I hope any good parent would do the same. Teaches the child that they must own up and account for their actions.
Original post by Tsukuyomi
I wouldnt, because if i was part of the riots and my parents gave me in, they wouldnt see me ever again. I wouldnt even show up to their funeral

Legend.
I would and I know my mum would've done the same thing if I was stupid enough to loot and riot
Reply 14
I wouldn't, purely because I wouldn't want the world to know that I'd somehow managed to raise such a lowlife.
A criminal record is too damaging in the long run so no I wouldn't.

I would,
I'm geniunely disgusted by the rioters, I had friends who live very close to the manchester city centre and they were terrified, if they did the crime they should do the crime tbh

And there was me thinking they should do the time.
Original post by yahyahyahs
I think this woman was very brave. I hope any good parent would do the same. Teaches the child that they must own up and account for their actions.

Define 'good' parents. That's a simple-minded way of looking at it, but her daughter is going to live prison with a criminal record, and probably struggle to find a job. In the eyes of the law, I can see how this is validated, but not in the eyes of a parent.
No, I wouldn't. Wouldn't even think about doing it.

If my child raped or murdered someone, that would be a different matter, they are actually a danger to society ... but it would take more than some looting to make me give them up to the police.
I wouldnt unless they did something like rape, murder etc... Those kind of acts would make me disown then and report them
I would,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending