The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Official Oxley Thread 2011/2012

Hi!

Just thought I'd start off a thread in advance of most of you getting your results/allocations to hopefully find other people you (and I!) may be sharing with.

I'm going into my second year at Leeds Uni, but because of problems with my student house I've decided to go for halls again this year although I was at Lupton last year.

So yeah, I'm in Barden Grange - anyone else in Oxley, get in touch and add me on Facebook if you want.

Oh and I'm planning on moving in on the 14th and doing a big Otley run/club night on the first night for everyone to start getting to know each other (and getting ridiculously drunk obvs); theme suggestions are welcome :smile:

Thinking I sound a bit too eager here... xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in Oxley House. I am coming from Canada and will be arriving on September 15th. Can't wait to get settled!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey! I've been accepted to Leeds and applied for Oxley - haven't received confirmation yet but fingers crossed! So excited to get there!
Hey, I'm the same as Becky above. Accepted to Leeds and applied for Oxley but still waiting, hopefully i'll get there :smile:
Reply 4
I'd think you'd both get into Oxley - it's apparently always undersubscribed :smile: what courses are you all doing? Xx
Reply 5
Hi! Same as Becky and Adam, I've applied for Oxley but still waiting to hear back.

I'm doing Broadcast Journalism :smile:

(Is that Liz Lemon in your pic, Emmgol? Or do you just look remarkably like Tina Fey? :P)
Reply 6
Psychology for me :smile:x
I'm doing History :smile:
Reply 8
That's definitely Liz Lemon - LOVE 30 Rock/Tina Fey!

Do you guys know when you find out your accommodation? Xx
Reply 9
Same :biggrin: 30 Rock's amazing. "Ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party, 'cause a Liz Lemon party is MANDATORY".

I think we're meant to find out in the next week or two. Maybe they organise the more popular accommodation first, so they can sort out where to put the ones who missed out? If Oxley's less popular - and that was true - then we maybe wouldn't hear till later. Meh, no idea. Can't wait to find out where I'll be though!
I got in! C2.15 :smile:
Reply 11
I got in too! A3.23!! yay
Reply 12
Me too!
J2.12 :biggrin:
Reply 13
I'm A4.15! :smile:
Im so excited to go but i know nothing about Oxley. Anyone who's been, whats it like?
Reply 14
:smile:
I'm in Oxley House, 6.07 :smile:
Reply 16
Oxley, Block G :biggrin:
I'm in oxley house! 5.03, feel free to message me if you're staying here :smile:
Reply 18
I'm in oxley house too!!! 4.03, add me on facebook oxley folks!!!:biggrin:
Reply 19
Oxley M1.12. Hello. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest