The Student Room Group

US airport checks are state sponsored sexual assault.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DYKWIA
The point of airport security is to be a deterrent against possible terrorists using airplanes for ill. In this regard airport security has been very successful. The lack of terrorist attacks proves that airport security works. Sure, you hear about the story where someone has snuck liquids or knives through security, but it isn't designed to stop every single forbidden object through. It is simply there to make it unreliable for a terrorist to attempt a hijack. The reason we keep seeing greater security is because ways to circumvent airport security are always being devised and need to be countered.

It would be good like this.

But there is not a mass network known as Al Qaeda, that is a western term....they are not orgainsed, networked, all working together and there has never been any hard evidence to suggest so, not from decades and hundreds of detainees sent to guantanamo is there any half decent, even fabricated evidence suggesting there is a massive group of terrorists about to blow us all up.

What does get through are always isolated extremists not liked to any groups and do it all on their own....

Any so called ''training'' videos you see suggesting they are making an army of such is archived footage or footage of nothing of the sort....oh media, y u able to make people believe crap?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tefhel
I just came back from the US, and I didn't have any of that. It was just a regular security check the same as when I went from Gatwick. No full body scanners or inappropriate touching.

Just get over it. Yes it's uncomfortable but it's not like they strip you naked or give you an anal probe.

Full body scanners are not at all airports.

Ironically, people are just about stripped naked - without the actual need to take peoples' clothes off. People have a right to complain.
IS, not 'are'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending