The Student Room Group

Guys at Uni - Relationship or casual sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Relationship.
I'm not going out and expecting one though.
Reply 61
I'm personally insisting on casual this September for at least my first year. This isn't because I consider myself a player and/or intend to conquer as many women as possible by the way.

I was in a relationship for a long period previously and just wanna concentrate on doing my own thing, free from the constraints/demands/expectations a relationship places on a person.
I like how OP totally ignores people who is already in a relationship not that I am just saying.

Anyway a poll is needed for these kind of things, I already have a girl in mind and expressed myself to her so no casual sleep around for me :no:
Reply 63
Original post by DontPropositionMe
You're all saying casual sex but the truth is that you will be getting just as much sex then as you are now. Your face and personality aren't going to change in just 4 weeks time. Why would you suddenly become a girl magnet? What has changed?

I haven't read everyone's posts but I assume that not everyone saying casual means they expect to be getting loads of sex. The question was whether people were looking for a relationship or casual sex so you cannot fault people for being honest or if you are correct, optimistic.

The point about guys getting the same level of sex at uni as they are in their normal home lives as a rule, is rubbish in my opinion. Upon observation of friends and at uni as a whole, it's clear that at uni, many people that weren't "cool" or a hit with ladies back at home, can do quite well at university.

What changes in 4 weeks you say?

Well, the average person at university will go out more than they would in their normal home lives, increasing encounters with the opposite sex in a "willing" mindframe.

Obviously the student drinking culture helps also in respect of casual encounters on nights out.

You will be surrounded by lots of people around your own age.

You have various means of meeting people via your course, societies, clubs, union and nights out in general.

You have thousands of the other sex in close vicinity and increased odds of finding people you click with/find you attractive.

Being at university can help people come out of their shells more and display more of their personality which will also improve attractiveness.

There is also the issue that it's far easier to seal the deal with generally no issues of location as there can be living at home with parents.

All the aforementioned are reasons why it's reasonable to assume casual sex is a better prospect at university than at home.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
BOTH :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous
My mum and aunt said that the reason they're sending me off to uni is so I can find a nice boy. :rolleyes:

I, on the other hand, plan on becoming an established career person before finding that nice boy.

LOL my mum and dad keep asking me when do I graduate - I've told them so many times, the reason they ask is as soon I do they will be searching for potential brides =/ I want to delay it all until I've got a decent career (like you) and if I find someone in uni then we can marry later on after we both have got careers.
Reply 66
Original post by Luxray
LOL my mum and dad keep asking me when do I graduate - I've told them so many times, the reason they ask is as soon I do they will be searching for potential brides =/ I want to delay it all until I've got a decent career (like you) and if I find someone in uni then we can marry later on after we both have got careers.

[no idea why I was anonymous there]

Luckily, my dad's said nothing relating to it. But my mum's adamant that I marry asap. That said, I don't want to be in the parents' searching for my potential husband position either. =/

You're super-unlucky since all my male cousins got leeway, because they're guys and can therefore marry older. Pah.
Reply 67
As a girl I'd be tempted to say neither, but that would be just as crap! lol. It's a difficult one to answer because yes, girls also like sex (probably as much as men believe it or not :tongue:) but personally I can't do the whole one night stand or friends with benefits thing, been there done that and it's not for me. Then again I won't be looking for a relationship through uni either :/ unless I met someone I really liked that is. But that's just me, some people might disagree but each to their own :smile:
Original post by kanyewest
Just generally banging as many sluts as possible.

Aren't you the charmer?
Reply 69
wow im shocked at the amount of lads to say relationships, good on ya! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by geztival
As a girl I'd be tempted to say neither, but that would be just as crap! lol. It's a difficult one to answer because yes, girls also like sex (probably as much as men believe it or not :tongue:) but personally I can't do the whole one night stand or friends with benefits thing, been there done that and it's not for me. Then again I won't be looking for a relationship through uni either :/ unless I met someone I really liked that is. But that's just me, some people might disagree but each to their own :smile:

As a girl you should be tempted not to reply, especially considering that this thread is aimed at guys:wink:
Reply 71
Original post by unamed
[no idea why I was anonymous there]

Luckily, my dad's said nothing relating to it. But my mum's adamant that I marry asap. That said, I don't want to be in the parents' searching for my potential husband position either. =/

You're super-unlucky since all my male cousins got leeway, because they're guys and can therefore marry older. Pah.

My parents [specially my mum] logic is that because its so hard for people to find suitable partners, I have a couple of relatives currently searching, they think its best to start searching asap. But the logic behind that is flawed! most women these days go to uni and by the time they graduate and maybe worked a little they will be 21 to 23 and finally then they decided to 'search' and will be looking for guys a bit older say 24 to 26. So there is no point my parents searching once I graduate because I'll be 22 =.=
Reply 72
Original post by Converse

As a girl you should be tempted not to reply, especially considering that this thread is aimed at guys:wink:

Well I thought you guys might like a bit of female perspective :wink: and besides a lot of men in my opinion seem to have it in their heads that all girls want to do is tie you down (not in that way! :tongue:), and tbh we're not all bunny boilers lol
cross between relationship and casual sex.

i want an open relationship
Either. Both are good.
Reply 75
Original post by geztival
Well I thought you guys might like a bit of female perspective :wink: and besides a lot of men in my opinion seem to have it in their heads that all girls want to do is tie you down (not in that way! :tongue:), and tbh we're not all bunny boilers lol

Well you thought wrong:wink:
And the men who think like that are usually quite stupid, so who cares what they think?

So you'd basically put him last. No point even having a BF in that case.

That's not what I said; you have to look at things in perspective without having a set "rule".
I'm ****ing bisexual mate i don't want a relationship i just want to **** everything with a hole.....so casual i guess
I don't really give a crap about sex. You're used goods and therefore become damaged. I'm not a virgin but I won't sleep around with a girl I met at the bar or friends with benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending