The Great Gatsby - F. Scot-Fitzgerald
Journey's End (play) - R.C. Sherrif
Reply 141
Original post by Darren-M
Yeah.. Eragon =~ Aragorn, shining palm from the Belgariad.. /rant

Nah. 'Eragon' is derived from the word 'Dragon'
Yeah.. Eragon =~ Aragorn, shining palm from the Belgariad.. /rant

They're actually doing Eldest? I thought even the director admitted that the Eragon film was an utter fail. I don't think I'd be able to bear sitting through even a trailer for Eldest without throwing something at the screen.

I think so, a friend told me...so it must be true i hope they don't i always feel obliged to see the films of a book I've read.

Dreading the film for Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (also a pretty crap book) coming from Guernsey, felt I should read it. Almost all of it pissed me off, it stuck quite well to the facts but everyone lives on the same road, which is impossible because on that road there are only two houses. Also pissed off with our local paper, sticking a massive article about possibly having Kate Winslet playing a part in the film and then at the bottom of the page in the smallest place possible is a reference to the stabbings in Jersey (our sister island)! I was raging.

Sorry about the rant...got carried away :/
Wet Lands - Charlotte Roche

:sick:
Original post by hao362
Nah. 'Eragon' is derived from the word 'Dragon'

*shrug* I didn't say that he stole it, just that it was another similarity, whether it was done on purpose or subconsciously. The more you read into his works, the more you realize that very little of it is his work.
Original post by LaurenAilsa
I think so, a friend told me...so it must be true i hope they don't i always feel obliged to see the films of a book I've read.

Dreading the film for Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (also a pretty crap book) coming from Guernsey, felt I should read it. Almost all of it pissed me off, it stuck quite well to the facts but everyone lives on the same road, which is impossible because on that road there are only two houses. Also pissed off with our local paper, sticking a massive article about possibly having Kate Winslet playing a part in the film and then at the bottom of the page in the smallest place possible is a reference to the stabbings in Jersey (our sister island)! I was raging.

Sorry about the rant...got carried away :/

I've heard good and bad things about that book, can't make up my mind whether to read it or not haha. What didn't you like about it?
Original post by doloroushazy
I've heard good and bad things about that book, can't make up my mind whether to read it or not haha. What didn't you like about it?

Guernsey Potato Peel Pie? Some people think it's amazing, apparently Katherine Duchess of Cambridge has read it :| I think it's an ok read for someone who doesn't live on the island...just kept thinking it was a bit rich for someone from America to be writing a book on an island she visited once. It is quite interesting and there are bits in it that are true about Guernsey and our occupation in WWII but you have to slog through the first few chapters before the main character gets to Guernsey and it's written in a series of letters/diary entries, so be warned!
Eclipse and Breaking Dawn 3 & 4. I didn't enjoy The Great Gatsby, but it's not it was a terrible book...
Reply 148
I can't believe that so many people are saying The Great Gatsby...it's amazing!
Original post by ritchie888
'The Neverending Story'

Can't believe it ended :angry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thank you, sir!
Reply 150
They're actually doing Eldest? I thought even the director admitted that the Eragon film was an utter fail. I don't think I'd be able to bear sitting through even a trailer for Eldest without throwing something at the screen.

OMG - the giant jellybean egg!!!
I want to say Wuthering Heights, The French Lieutenant's Woman and Of Mice and Men but none of them are really bad, I just disliked the **** outa them.

I tried reading some book set in the Diablo universe years ago but gave up after 30 odd pages because it sucked balls.

Asides that the worst I recall completing, and not for school, would be the first three Harry Potter books.

****_that_****
"A Tale of Two Cities"
Original post by .Scout.
I can't believe that so many people are saying The Great Gatsby...it's amazing!

I totally agree! I must have read it at least 100 times and I never get bored. The subtleties, it's all about the subtleties. And the language is incredible, it's meticulously written. Everything about it is so clever and amazing, aaah I love it
Reply 154
Twilight - featuring Bella, the whinging little bitch and Edward, the vampire that ****ING SPARKLES!! Why did Meyer decide it was a good idea to write a whole series based on one dream she had?! If I did that, it would reveal that I'm one ****ed up individual...

Wuthering Heights - **** off Cathy and Heathcliff, you're both plonkers :colonhash:
Sabriel - Garth Nix

Read one chapter and it culls your mind.
Anything by Clive Cussler. He makes Stephanie Meyer look like a competent author.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FallenProject
Sabriel - Garth Nix

Read one chapter and it culls your mind.

I think this is interesting. While I wouldn't say it was perfect fiction, it's aimed at a younger audience and seemed reasonably good in that regard.

Garth Nix's books tend to be rather good at that as a whole.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.

Really cannot understand why this book has such a good reputation. I read it because a number of people had gone on about how brilliant it is. It was pants.
Original post by Daydreamer18
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.

Really cannot understand why this book has such a good reputation. I read it because a number of people had gone on about how brilliant it is. It was pants.

Really? I love that book. I didn't appreciate it much on first reading though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending