The Student Room Group

What's the stupidest policy in your school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My sixth form rules are ridiculous a friend of mine was suspended because he had shoulder length hair he asked if he could tie it back and they took two weeks to 'review the rules' I still don't know if he was allowed, he left and applied for another college. Also for a time sixth formers weren't allowed on the playground, but they stopped the rule due to an uprising and perfectly valid reasons from us.
Reply 41
My old secondary school recently banned what they called "unnecessary contact" which was basically: Holding hands, high fives, fist bumps, hugging and kissing. Glad I'm not there anymore.
Original post by The Polar Dude
Feel free to say more than one if you're really:angry::angry:

My school is alright but the haircut policy is pathetic- no skinheads/low cut and you're not allowed to slit your eyebrows :confused: and they somehow managed to back up their policy by relating it to gangs and stuff.... so it's not allowed.

My mate at another school has it worse though.:s-smilie:

So what policy in your school just makes you go... wtf

PS: In my school, I think the boys are discriminated more than the girls:rolleyes:

Same at mine. We have to wear a full suit. While the girls can literally wear whatever they want. Their uniform is not regulated.
Reply 43
Original post by thecat23
Is this St Michael's by any chance?

Nah, just a state grammar school in Cheshire that liked to think it was a lot better than it was.....the headteacher was a nun, which led to um interesting RE lessons
Original post by Kado
My old secondary school recently banned what they called "unnecessary contact" which was basically: Holding hands, high fives, fist bumps, hugging and kissing. Glad I'm not there anymore.

That's more like a prison

Original post by crazycake93
Same at mine. We have to wear a full suit. While the girls can literally wear whatever they want. Their uniform is not regulated.

Now that is just over the top, im pretty sure the lads at my school will definetely go agaisnt this
Reply 45
No lockers. When we were in Year 7 we had P.E & food tech. on the same day - you had to come to school looking like a donkey.

White socks only. No one - no one - can carry off white socks and black trousers except for Michael Jackson. Like, what?

And no black skirts. I don't understand how half of our uniform rules contribute to more effective learning...

EDIT: Why the negs man? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46

Same deal at mine. Oh sure, it says 'skirt suit with blouse'. Most girls turn up in just slightly fancier frilly t-shirts.
Reply 47
If you were 'bad' in my primary school, you weren't given lines, or time out, or anything normal really... no, you were given a 'yellow card', which was to be signed 4 times by 4 different teachers in the same day, otherwise a 'red card' awaited, then you were in the ****.
Reply 48
Original post by tigger034
Nah, just a state grammar school in Cheshire that liked to think it was a lot better than it was.....the headteacher was a nun, which led to um interesting RE lessons

That is the Cheshire version of St. Michael's LOL. It used to be a convent.
It's not quite a policy, but I went to quite an old school. There were still rules (no longer enforced but not repealed though!) saying that students were entitled to a porkpie and measure of whiskey during an exam, that boys (girls were only admitted in 1971) had to carry their knife at all times, and the headboy had a right to keep a goat or pig on the headmasters grounds.

We never did get our whiskey :frown:
Not a policy as such but... the link to our school year photo was blocked... :lolwut:
"Always walk on the left." Would be a great idea if everyone followed it... but they don't, so you get a few people following the rule and others just storming down the very narrow corridors at any angle.
Reply 52
No sex in the book cupboards, it's ridiculous. "/

No but really though:
- We're not allowed to take our blazers off, like ever (yes that includes during summer)
- Having the wrong coloured hair results in being isolated from the rest of the school.
- We're not allowed to wear black tights, we have to wear grey.
They try but don't really succeed in enforcing these rules ^

Oh and:
- Not really a rule, but we have staff members who aren't real teachers because they're blatantly not clever enough/qualified, who run around with walky-talkies taking bags off people who try to take them to lessons and calling the parents of those wearing nail varnish or bracelets - they think they're the ****.
Reply 53
No scarves in school. Yes because a scarf will ruin my education. :rolleyes:
Girls are banned from wearing skirts because it puts them 'at risk' :lolwut:

(This made the national news last year, perhaps some TSR users will have heard about it.)
Original post by Ocassus
Same deal at mine. Oh sure, it says 'skirt suit with blouse'. Most girls turn up in just slightly fancier frilly t-shirts.

It's terrible. I see girls wearing Uggs. While I have to suffer in shoes that are shaped as flipping triangles.
Original post by onlyskin
Clip on ties...

What happens if you get caught wearing a non-clip on tie?

At my old school, there was a time when you weren't allowed to let your hair down and it had to be tied up.
Our school makes us wear 8 stripes, im in sixth form :colone:
We're not allowed to slap teachers. The swines. :colonhash:
Original post by Rascacielos
"Always walk on the left." Would be a great idea if everyone followed it... but they don't, so you get a few people following the rule and others just storming down the very narrow corridors at any angle.

this also happens at my school but no-one really follows it until a member of staff is nearby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending