The Student Room Group

What's the stupidest policy in your school?

Scroll to see replies

not being allowed to wear black t-shirts or bright coloured bras under blouses... no but why are teachers looking there :/
not being able to eat in form rooms at lunch- yes, because in winter the canteen would be able to fit at least 700 students and staff. no.
all classroom doors must be open at break and lunch- it's only making people better at not being caught breaking the rules
No unnaturally coloured hair- yes, because purple hair affects education.
No chewing gum. If caught chewing gum, 1 hour detention. LOL like that seriously stops people from chomping on a pellet of Extra in double science, I know it didn't stop me. And I never ever got caught chewing gum.
If pupils don't have their lanyards & ID cards or planner, 1 hour detention.
Banning earphones and them having to ask permission to use the manky school headphones in class, when the teacher would always say no, WTH.
Banning YouTube and having to ask permission to use it in class :angry:

If I spent just one more minute at that ****hole I would've seriously injured someone. Thank **** I've left.

and apologies for the length of this post >.<

Edit: I realise that these aren't as ridiculous as others but why the negs?! Looks like I've rubbed a few people up the wrong way, sorry guys :s
(edited 12 years ago)
One of my schools had a no legging rule, which was fine... but they wouldn't let us wear footless tights as a part of the rule! :lolwut: We weren't trying to pass them them off as trousers like some girls do with leggings, we wore them under our skirts. They were exactly the same as normal tights. Feet? Come on in. No feet? GTFO.
Reply 62
Original post by Bektas
I remember my primary school banned all types of balls, cause I teacher got hit by one one break time.

They also banned conkers. Bastards. But me and my friends formed an underground conkers society. AHH good times.

:lol:

haha underground conkers society :tongue:
Reply 63
Original post by The Polar Dude
the bold bits are still implemented in our school :angry:
i couldnt be bothered to ask my parents to sign every week so i started to forge

Always used to forge mine, think i had it signed once on the first week.
Reply 64
Original post by Fishbulb25
What happens if you get caught wearing a non-clip on tie?

At my old school, there was a time when you weren't allowed to let your hair down and it had to be tied up.

It was confiscated and you had to buy a clip on tie or you got sent home I think
Original post by TheUsername42
The worst have to be 'no snowball fights' even though it snows once a year, and no football during break and lunch. :frown:

We got told to stop throwing snowballs in 6th form because we were setting a bad example to the rest of the school :mad:

Oh, and my headteacher banned tinsel one year. Made the news. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4102321.stm
(edited 12 years ago)
We have to wear out blazers when outside the classroom. (Even if we just have to leave to go to the bathroom or get something from another classroom).

We have to wear tights (even in the summer).

If you are even 1 minute late for assembly you are locked out (even if you might be getting a prize/colours that day).

Think that's about it. Lots of other silly rules that I'm sure most schools have anyways

Oh and as of this year, you can't climb the school building and put a cone on top of it.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rawrr_charlotte
not being allowed to wear black t-shirts or bright coloured bras under blouses... no but why are teachers looking there :/
not being able to eat in form rooms at lunch- yes, because in winter the canteen would be able to fit at least 700 students and staff. no.
all classroom doors must be open at break and lunch- it's only making people better at not being caught breaking the rules
No unnaturally coloured hair- yes, because purple hair affects education.
No chewing gum. If caught chewing gum, 1 hour detention. LOL like that seriously stops people from chomping on a pellet of Extra in double science, I know it didn't stop me. And I never ever got caught chewing gum.
If pupils don't have their lanyards &amp; ID cards or planner, 1 hour detention.
Banning earphones and them having to ask permission to use the manky school headphones in class, when the teacher would always say no, WTH.
Banning YouTube and having to ask permission to use it in class :angry:

If I spent just one more minute at that sh*thole I would've seriously injured someone. Thank f*ck I've left.

and apologies for the length of this post &gt;.&lt;

:rofl: no worries

:toofunny: also our school does random fire drills where everyone comes to the playground to have a uniform check, including the 8 stripes! so as we made our way to the playground, a lot of people(including me) were adjusting our ties to make it at least 8 stripes :haha:
Google used to be blocked at my school...
Original post by TheUsername42
The worst have to be 'no snowball fights' even though it snows once a year, and no football during break and lunch. :frown:

our school had the biggest snow ball fight when i was in year 8, literally everyone went mental dashing snowballs, and those who were caught, got a phone call home and was on report which consisted of 2 weeks of detentions

LUCKILY for me, I escaped.
Original post by Josh_Hughes
Google used to be blocked at my school...

so what search engine did you guys use?
Reply 71
well the sixth form are not allowed to wear shorts (this includes both girls and boys) wtf
Reply 72
My school had a one way system, it had 3 floors with one really long corridor with bout 30 classrooms on each and on each floor you could only walk in one direction on each floor, so it would take about 10 minutes to get to your next class.

even if you were the next class down, but the opposit way to the one way system on that floor you had to walk all the way round and downstairs and alon and then back up! WTF!

And teachers would actually stand there and enforce this :angry:
Reply 73
Original post by onlyskin

Original post by onlyskin
It was confiscated and you had to buy a clip on tie or you got sent home I think

...Why?
Original post by BabyJane
well the sixth form are not allowed to wear shorts (this includes both girls and boys) wtf

i find this so absurd, even a lot of schools around my area have this policy.

So as a girl, how did it feel to wear trousers constantly
Reply 75
Original post by BabyJane

but girls can wear skirts? sexism
Original post by Ventura7
My school had a one way system, it had 3 floors with one really long corridor with bout 30 classrooms on each and on each floor you could only walk in one direction on each floor, so it would take about 10 minutes to get to your next class.

even if you were the next class down, but the opposit way to the one way system on that floor you had to walk all the way round and downstairs and alon and then back up! WTF!

And teachers would actually stand there and enforce this :angry:

wow, your school is pretty mean
TSR was blocked where I used to go, youtube and google images used to be blocked too.

There was a rule implemented once where 6th formers had to arrive by a certain time in the morning no matter how many frees they had :/.
Boys could wear whatever sort of suit they wanted but girls had to buy a specific one from the uniform shop at the sixth form. Plus, girls weren't allowed to wear trousers!!! sexist or what!?!
not allowed to: take drinks outside, take your blazer/jumper off, roll up sleeves, wear "excessive" make-up (I got told off for wearing too much when I was only wearing mascara, so), wear jewellery etc... and many other similar crap rules.

we also have clip on ties and "boundaries". We're not allowed in certain parts of the school at certain times. Oh and one-way systems. Only allowed in and out certain sides of buildings and we have to go up/down the 'right' side of the stairs. :lolwut:
and 1 hour detentions if you break any rules, lolol. It was a fun 5 years.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending