The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

When does UCLAN freshers start and is anyone moving from down south to Preston?

I want to know when Freshers at UCLAN starts? Does anyone know? Also, is anyone on here moving to Preston from down south, apart from me...? Everyone on here seems to be living in Preston already lol.

Scroll to see replies

I'm moving from Hampshire (: And Freshers officially starts on the 12th with most people moving in on the 10th or 11th (:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm coming up from Kent (hopefully, after results day haha) And I think I'm moving in on the 10th :smile:
Reply 3
Il be up from Bristol on the 10th... 5pm sharpish. So my ever reliable train tickets inform me.
Reply 4
Coming up from Weymouth on the 10th as well.
Reply 5
Maybe we should all don confederate caps and flags and charge into the Uni as one band of southerners fighting for our homeland.

With pens as our swords and knowledge as our shields
Reply 6
I'm from Cambridgeshire. Moving up on the 7th possibly. (:

I recently went up there last week for flying start and met a lot of people from down south, so we'll be fineee. (:
I'm coming from Oxford, haven't decided on a date yet though.
Reply 8
I'm coming from London think I'm coming up on the 9th, but my place is through clearing and I don't have any accommodation yet ..
ALSO who is buying a freshers pass??
Reply 9
Got my offer though clearing as well going to apply for accommodation on Monday hopefully there is space..
Reply 10
hey .. i am moving from blackpool .. yes i know its about 30min drive away from preston, but its something different. Everyone staying in halls? and if so what halls and what dates? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by lemmilove
I'm from Cambridgeshire. Moving up on the 7th possibly. (:

I recently went up there last week for flying start and met a lot of people from down south, so we'll be fineee. (:

Ahh, we have to keep up the southern ratio to those northerns.
I see another Cambridgeshire-ian. Where abouts in Cambridgeshire? I am too and just going into my second year. Believe me, the 200 miles away from home is well worth it to go to Uclan :smile:
Going into my second year, also from the south. From a little town in Wiltshire.
Reply 13
Moving up on the 11th from Leicester
Reply 14
I'm moving up from Oxford on the 10th :smile:
Original post by ciaren-c
I'm coming up from Kent (hopefully, after results day haha) And I think I'm moving in on the 10th :smile:

Original post by AidyD
Maybe we should all don confederate caps and flags and charge into the Uni as one band of southerners fighting for our homeland.

With pens as our swords and knowledge as our shields

I'm VERY excited to see so many southerners migrating north. (And yes, I am a southerner, from Kent - Dover to be exact...that's very bloody far - on a par with Weymouth). However, I've been there and done that, and I am now going into my 2nd year - but I'm off to China for my study abroad - International Journalism student here.

IF YOU NEED ADVICE ON TRAIN TICKETS, just ask me - Between Preston and Dover, return, cost me £24.40 for each journey. A bloody bargain.

Mail me here or via Twitter: www.twitter.com/journodanny
Reply 16
I came from Kent too. BRACE YOURSELF FOR ACCENTS.
Reply 17
Bloody hell, can't hack all you southern softies invading my city ;D
Reply 18
Coming from kent as well, from Ashford. Lots of southerners by the looks of it XD
Reply 19
Original post by JohnC2211
Going into my second year, also from the south. From a little town in Wiltshire.

Mind me asking what town? I grew up in a small town in wiltshire.. Anywhere near Salisbury, Amesbury, Durrington, Boscombe down etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending