The Student Room Group

Leather jackets. Yay or Nay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by james-brown28
I wear this sometimes with jeans...It looks good, especially on a motorbike with aviator glasses XD

Like it. Bench do some really nice leather jackets, I've got my eye on a few on ebay. :colone:
The more biker-like and 80s rock chick the better, and can look amazing on anyone such as this http://jadorefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/poppy-delevigne-veuve-clicquot-gld-cup-final-yesterday-in-england.jpg?w=399&h=600 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EIQGCRSydnw/TCCJom_GRdI/AAAAAAAAAUI/KzjtQffFYO8/s1600/teknic_rebel_leather_jacket_black.jpg or this style http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3469886125_39858d2ba7.jpg are exactly the sort we should love to see more of and could never ever go out of style!

It's just the cheapo style with elasticated waists and hoods thhat look naff.
I like them, but i think they have to fit well and not look too old. :h:
If they're black and in a classic/ biker style, God YES. I live in mine. It's always better to pay a lot and get a real leather one rather than an awful plastic one because you're likely to find that you'll wear it frequently.
Reply 44
:sexface:

I really like leather jackets on guys,usually a la James McAvoy in Wanted(with a shirt though) I'm thinking of buying a leather jacket myself but dont have the confidence.

I saw one in TKMaxx for £50,dark tan leather.I'm pale with dark blonde hair(almost a light mousy brown) Should I get it? I tried it on and liked it,but it felt soo out of my usual,and was worried I look cheap..I'm 17.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by timeandacrayon
Which one means yes?

out of yay and nay you mean? Yay.
Reply 47
YAY. The look, the smell. Can't beat real leather, when it isn't summer I'm almost always wearing mine. Give me a guy in a leather jacket and I'm all his.

Kind of wish more people would go for real leather; yes, it's more expensive, but you can tell a fake from a real one.

Original post by OddThings
I really like leather jackets on guys,usually a la James McAvoy in Wanted(with a shirt though) I'm thinking of buying a leather jacket myself but dont have the confidence.

I saw one in TKMaxx for £50,dark tan leather.I'm pale with dark blonde hair(almost a light mousy brown) Should I get it? I tried it on and liked it,but it felt soo out of my usual,and was worried I look cheap..I'm 17.

Go for it! I got a black one when I was seventeen, I also have dark blonde hair. As soon as I put it on everyone just instantly said "that's you," you'd be surprised what it can do for you. Tends to go pretty well with most outfits, as well.

You liked it, you look good in it, ask some other people's opinions if you really want to make sure and if they agree, go for it. Nothing looks better than someone who's confident in their own skin (and a leather jacket on top of that, of course). :tongue:
Original post by Hannahbal
YAY. The look, the smell. Can't beat real leather, when it isn't summer I'm almost always wearing mine. Give me a guy in a leather jacket and I'm all his.

Kind of wish more people would go for real leather; yes, it's more expensive, but you can tell a fake from a real one.

Go for it! I got a black one when I was seventeen, I also have dark blonde hair. As soon as I put it on everyone just instantly said "that's you," you'd be surprised what it can do for you. Tends to go pretty well with most outfits, as well.

You liked it, you look good in it, ask some other people's opinions if you really want to make sure and if they agree, go for it. Nothing looks better than someone who's confident in their own skin (and a leather jacket on top of that, of course). :tongue:

i've decided i will,assuming it's still there,i'll get it. good for autumn/winter too,i'd think. :biggrin: thanks.
Reply 49
i love em
Original post by TheTidders
What are your opinions on leather jackets? Can anyone look good in them? Do you have to be 25+ in order to not look like some kind of wannabe biker/guy from Grease etc?

Has the massive trend in leather jackets for young people flown you by? :tongue:
I assure you, you shant look like a wannabe biker. They're a pretty normal jacket.
Can look amazing, and can look really bad too. All depends on the specific design of the jacket and the person wearing it.
Reply 52
look good on some guys.
Reply 53
Original post by angelbones

Original post by angelbones
Really? I looooove the smell of real leather :love:

ugh, that's the only reason i don't wear my leather jacket. I just can't stand it, even on other people, i have to keep my distance.
Original post by robocop1andahalf
The more biker-like and 80s rock chick the better, and can look amazing on anyone such as this http://jadorefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/poppy-delevigne-veuve-clicquot-gld-cup-final-yesterday-in-england.jpg?w=399&h=600 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EIQGCRSydnw/TCCJom_GRdI/AAAAAAAAAUI/KzjtQffFYO8/s1600/teknic_rebel_leather_jacket_black.jpg or this style http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3469886125_39858d2ba7.jpg are exactly the sort we should love to see more of and could never ever go out of style!

It's just the cheapo style with elasticated waists and hoods thhat look naff.

:'] I like it when guys have good taste.

What's with the hoods on leather jackets? Ugh, just so ugly. Leather jackets should be sexy, and adding a hood doesn't do it for me in the slightest.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I want these ones :coma:

I so almost bought one of those. They were half price, £175 down from £350. But I was an idiot and it was out of stock when I next went back.
Original post by Aisha~~
I so almost bought one of those. They were half price, £175 down from £350. But I was an idiot and it was out of stock when I next went back.

It was probs the style I got, its ok but fits crappy on me atleast.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
It was probs the style I got, its ok but fits crappy on me atleast.

I'll give you £175.01...
Original post by Lil Piranha
I love mine :smile: as long as you don't go too biker-y and 80s you should be fine. Get one in a tan colour as opposed to black, the more tailored the better!

Just to add: TKMaxx have a brilliant selection near me, and so much cheaper than you'd usually pay, so definitely check there :smile:

what would you suggest wearing with one? I was thinking skinny jeans and a tshirt of some kind..vest top ish..:colondollar:
Reply 59
I bought this in January, my favourite item of clothing.. Ever.

BelstaffBaribal.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest