The Student Room Group

you missed the grades eg 4 pharmacy...

if you missed the grades for pharmacy can you do biomedical sciences 1st yr then transfer to 2nd yr pharmacy or 1st yr.
Reply 1
I know you can do that for Bradford university. For example ay you get above 60% in your first year, you can transfer onto Pharmacy in Bradford. And I think you transfer to second year for Pharmacy if you get a decent percentage for for first year biomedical.
Reply 2
Original post by Tariq786
I know you can do that for Bradford university. For example ay you get above 60% in your first year, you can transfer onto Pharmacy in Bradford. And I think you transfer to second year for Pharmacy if you get a decent percentage for for first year biomedical.

Strong university location to ethnic background correlation
Reply 3
Original post by Tariq786

i was offered biomed last yr in bradford as i failed to meet the grades for pharmacy but declined and decided to take a gap yr. again this yr biol 5 was disaster.

is it easy to switch from biomed to pharm if you exceed 60%.
Original post by al_habib
i was offered biomed last yr in bradford as i failed to meet the grades for pharmacy but declined and decided to take a gap yr. again this yr biol 5 was disaster.

is it easy to switch from biomed to pharm if you exceed 60%.

my bio5 was a disaster too
im also going to be considering this if i dont get into my firm choice which is bradford
or i might do the pharmacy foundation course or god knows if i cant do neither of them
Reply 5
Original post by hahaff
my bio5 was a disaster too
im also going to be considering this if i dont get into my firm choice which is bradford
or i might do the pharmacy foundation course or god knows if i cant do neither of them

where are you going to do foundation i think we dont have any other options
where are you going to do foundation i think we dont have any other options

medway or keele i think it was if i cant find any spaces and i dont get into pharmacy then ill probably resit the year
Reply 7
Original post by hahaff
medway or keele i think it was if i cant find any spaces and i dont get into pharmacy then ill probably resit the year

medway they do 2yrs foundation i presume this is alot
medway they do 2yrs foundation i presume this is alot

i just hope i get into bradford or dmu i really dont want to go through clearing and dont want to think about doing any foundation courses
Reply 9
Original post by hahaff

resit is a bit of a risk esp bio. which one will you go for 1st foundation pharm or alternative biomed
resit is a bit of a risk esp bio. which one will you go for 1st foundation pharm or alternative biomed

if i had too then foundation pharm but i havent researched either of them enough
Reply 11
what unis do foundation pharm?
Reply 12
Original post by mud
what unis do foundation pharm?

medway, keele, manchester will you go for foundation or alternative course such as biomed if you miss the grades
Reply 13
if you missed the grades for pharmacy can you do biomedical sciences 1st yr then transfer to 2nd yr pharmacy or 1st yr.

Have a look on the pharmacy guide:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Pharmacy_Degree

It has 2 courses on there that you can do.
Reply 14
medway, keele, manchester will you go for foundation or alternative course such as biomed if you miss the grades

foundation! one extra year is much better than three me thinks :/
Reply 15
looked at the clearing for pharm and it does not look good
Reply 16
Foundation course at medway is 2 years, but you go straight into second year so its basically 1 year extra. Just finished my first year foundation.
al habib did you manage to get a place in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending