The Student Room Group

science-po lse double degrees 2012

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if anyone is considering applying for a double degree programme at the LSE, preferably with science po? I have just achieved my DALF C2 certificate so I fulfil the French language requirement. However, I am not too sure about the type of person they are looking for. I really want to get accepted but I am not feeling too confident due to the fact that I have not achıeved amazing things, did lots of cool stuff related to IR etc

Anyways, if you are applying, please respond.
Thank you.
Reply 1
Hey, I am considering applying for this dual degree too. However, although I have a high first class honours, I am not sure if that's the only thing that Sciences Po wants. Do you have any idea about their selection criteria?
I can't comment on the double degree but I was accepted to Sciences Po (for this year but deferred to 2012).

I know when I applied for the International Affairs programme they asked for a couple of years relevant work experience.
Reply 3
Original post by beefmaster
I can't comment on the double degree but I was accepted to Sciences Po (for this year but deferred to 2012).

I know when I applied for the International Affairs programme they asked for a couple of years relevant work experience.

Ah. That's disconcerting. I am now unsure whether to apply or not. If they wanted work experience for their regular International Affairs programme, they'd definitely require it for the double degree too. Bummer. :frown:
Original post by Scout-
Ah. That's disconcerting. I am now unsure whether to apply or not. If they wanted work experience for their regular International Affairs programme, they'd definitely require it for the double degree too. Bummer. :frown:

I am sure people do get in without work experience...but I guess they are in a minority. The Sciences Po programme is professionally orientated, therefore it expects students to know what their careers goals are more or less.

If you want to work in international affairs I would strongly recommend getting a couple of years work experience before you do a masters anyway. Also spend time learning a foreign language and get some international experience. It is very important to have this to get into paying positions when you graduate from your masters.

Oh and the straight Sciences Po programme is just as competitive as the double one on my acceptance letter it says 15% acceptance rate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
15%? :eek: Oh well, I'll keep this on the back burner then while I apply to other schools. I am also planning to get some work experience in case I don't make it anywhere, and then apply again in a couple of years. And yes, I do speak fluent French and am currently learning Spanish too. I love that thing about this field - learning new languages. :biggrin:

Thanks for suggestions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending