The Student Room Group

My chances of studying geography?

Hey there, would appreciate some feedback about my situation :smile:

In my highers I got B - English.
B - P.E.
B - Geography.
C - Biology.

This year I am doing Advanced English, Advanced Geography, Higher Psychology and Higher History.

My aim is to study at Edinburgh, but I will probably apply for Strathclyde, Glasgow, Dundee and St Andrews additionally.

I know it is unlikely for me to get even conditionals this year from Edinburgh, Glasgow or St Andrews so I may end up taking a year out and travelling.. which wouldn't exactly be horrible admittedly :tongue:

Basically I'm asking what the likelihood is of me receiving an offer from edinburgh after completing my 6th year studies (which will be my second sitting).

Cheers, in advance,
Reply 1
yeahh Stirling only does enviromental geography which isn't really much interest to me. But Aberdeen is in option
Reply 2
Original post by EwanHarvey
Hey there, would appreciate some feedback about my situation :smile:

In my highers I got B - English.
B - P.E.
B - Geography.
C - Biology.

This year I am doing Advanced English, Advanced Geography, Higher Psychology and Higher History.

My aim is to study at Edinburgh, but I will probably apply for Strathclyde, Glasgow, Dundee and St Andrews additionally.

I know it is unlikely for me to get even conditionals this year from Edinburgh, Glasgow or St Andrews so I may end up taking a year out and travelling.. which wouldn't exactly be horrible admittedly :tongue:

Basically I'm asking what the likelihood is of me receiving an offer from edinburgh after completing my 6th year studies (which will be my second sitting).

Cheers, in advance,

There's numerous factors other than grades that will help you get offers, and with those grades, I would't rule out a conditional from Edinburgh altogether. You wont know until you try, really. With St Andrews, they do have a guide of AAAB first sitting, so personally, think you'd be better off applying to Aberdeen.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest